Championship PFA POTY Contenders

Kyle Lafferty (Kilmarnock)

Michael McKenna (Arbroath)

Thomas O'Brien (Arbroath)

Scott Tiffoney (Thistle)

Has to be one of the Arbroath lads, right?

Lafferty being nominated after 12 appearances in the league is ridiculous but shows how poor the quality has been this season.

44 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Kyle Lafferty (Kilmarnock)

Michael McKenna (Arbroath)

Thomas O'Brien (Arbroath)

Scott Tiffoney (Thistle)

Has to be one of the Arbroath lads, right?

Lafferty being nominated after 12 appearances in the league is ridiculous but shows how poor the quality has been this season.

To be fair, if Killie do go up it'll be almost single handedly because of him.

Probably McKenna for me though.

56 minutes ago, renton said:

To be fair, if Killie do go up it'll be almost single handedly because of him.

Probably McKenna for me though.

Don't think you should eligible for POTY if you've played fewer than half the league games tbh.

I'd defer to the Arbroath fans on which of McKenna/O'Brien should get it.

Few rangers fans in the league voting with their heart. Is the vote not usually in March as well? If so then Lafferty had played even less games than he has now. 

Two Arbroath boys got to be the favourites. Wouldn't have Tiffoney either but he seems like the sort of guy that opposition players would struggle against so can understand why they'd vote that way. 

It’s a hard one. TOB is so good it’s easy to take him for granted sometimes, and I’ve never seen improvement in all round game (especially the wrong side of 30) like McKenna has shown this season. Either or, and if one of the other two win it’s a travesty.

Ah, that's reminded me of when the Queens fans were claiming he'd been recalled because he was more highly rated than Hemming and they wanted him for the bench, only for him to appear on the bench exactly 0 times.

Edited by craigkillie

Ah, that's reminded me of when the Queens fans were claiming he'd been recalled because he was more highly rated than Hemming and they wanted him for the bench, only for him to appear on the bench exactly 0 times.

Yip. Because if there was even a slight chance of your first two goalkeepers being out you'd definitely recall your 4th choice GK over the 3rd choice one.

Guest Flash
43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Some, not all.
I never thought Brynn was all that great. From memory, Hemming had better SPFL stats (when you look at saves as a percentage of shots on target - Hemming is about 77% and I think Brynn was about 67%). I think Boro recalled him because they knew whoever they recalled wasn’t going to play and they wanted Hemming to get more game time.
Eta I know it isn’t the only way to judge a keeper but Rae’s percentage of saves to shots on target is about 66%. So, on that measure, there’s not much difference between Rae and Brynn.

Edited by Flash

40 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Making 0 appearances since January should at least make him a shoo-in to win Queens' POTY. 

Yip. Because if there was even a slight chance of your first two goalkeepers being out you'd definitely recall your 4th choice GK over the 3rd choice one.

If they had a goalkeeping injury crisis they'd have brought in an emergency loan. Brynn was recalled to put the bibs out.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we’re counting guys that have only been here for half a season then surely Nouble is the clear winner? Wasn’t even nominated though.

Aye, Nouble is the clear winner on that front,  certainly the best player to play in the division this season, and with 20 appearances did it over a decent period. 

For arbroath had McKenna kept up his insane early season goal scoring(helped with Nouble being an absolute Incredible striker for creating chances for others) he’d easily win it, 

we know TOB has talent and is consistent as hell.

Overall probably be McKenna but only because scoring goals is more popular than stopping them.

Edit- being PFA who has the most pals in the game will be an influence.

Edited by parsforlife