Darvel FC Thread

45 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Im Goin to tell u something , I met him About 9 times before he eventually said yes to the job , money was never mentioned and when he took the job I asked him how much he wanted per week as he could have named  his figure , his answer Uve  convinced me to come I don’t want a penny and hasn’t took a penny in wages , he just loves football 

So if he didn’t get a good budget for players he was going to come regardless? 

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

Win the championship?

Was it not shored on ppg?.

He'll have success wherever he goes because it will be teams with shitloads of money.

You'll never see him at a team with no money.

As I've said before on here do you think if you have cash you instantly win things do you think the boys at Darvel just turn up on a Saturday don't train don't look after themselves that's no how it works 

1 minute ago, Newguy said:

Maybe should count it as you living in past glories now!
At least this story taking you away from slating you own team ever week!!

Still got a cup final to play.

Talbot are rotten and deserve slated for the majority of their performances. 

3 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

As I've said before on here do you think if you have cash you instantly win things do you think the boys at Darvel just turn up on a Saturday don't train don't look after themselves that's no how it works 

You've already posted that 🙂

44 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Ths is the start of the demise of Darvel as we all predicted.

In a few years they will either be dead or down a couple of divisions

Why is this the start of demise of Darvel?
No manager, player, committee or ex committee man are bigger than any club

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

So if he didn’t get a good budget for players he was going to come regardless? 

When he came his budget wasn’t huge and remember he brought loads from Colville park , these guys came to darvel for next to no wages , I’d like to think he came because we had the same vision , unfortunately when I left imo the budget got out of hand but if the men in charge want to spend it then that’s their decision 

Just now, Newguy said:

Why is this the start of demise of Darvel?
No manager, player, committee or ex committee man are bigger than any club

You think the players are going to stay as Michael Kennedy was the reason they signed for Darvel...

Just now, Darvel legend said:

When he came his budget wasn’t huge and remember he brought loads from Colville park , these guys came to darvel for next to no wages , I’d like to think he came because we had the same vision , unfortunately when I left imo the budget got out of hand but if the men in charge want to spend it then that’s their decision 

Colville were allegedly paying players silly money so don't say they were coming to Darvel for next to no wages.

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

You think the players are going to stay as Michael Kennedy was the reason they signed for Darvel...

A lot of the squad I believe are on 2 year deals, it remains to be seen if what I’m hearing is correct that the budget will stretch to anywhere close to what it was this season, official or unofficial budget.

1 minute ago, Newguy said:

Yeah still in a cup final true, but true supporters get behind the team through thick and thin

I go to every game. I'm sure I'm allowed to voice my opinion on what I'm watching. 

55 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

So if it isn't the reason he resigned to go to East Kilbride what is the reason has u seem to know what's the big secret in why resigning there must be more to the story that's what people are asking and has someone who knows him so well and the club why not just say the reason 

Maybe it’s got nothing to do with you ?