Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Where is the news for this.  Cant find any official media that says he has resigned

Goodnight sweet and sour Prince -

Darvel Football Club can announce today that Michael Kennedy has resigned as the club’s manager.

Michael has been in charge since February 2019, winning 2 league titles, of which last year was the inaugural West of Scotland Premier League, but just pipped at the post for promotion to Lowland League. Then the emphatic Scottish Cup runs both last season and this season with a massive win over SPFL giants Aberdeen in the 4th Round. But following a meeting between Club President John Gall and Michael today, he will leave post with immediate effect. Darvel FC wish Michael success in the future and thank him for his service.

John Gall said “Michael has been an integral part of everything at this Club throughout his tenure and has poured more than just managerial duties into the mix. He has been an absolute joy to work alongside over the last 4 seasons, with memories that will last a lifetime and for that I will always be proud to call Michael a friend.

The Club will always be the main focus for me and it saddens me that this is the end of the journey. Michael has been instrumental in leaving us with good solid foundations both in terms of infrastructure and playing squad that will continue to thrive well beyond his departure. I would like to thank Michael for his services and utmost professionalism shown during his time, he will always be a legend ‘doon the brae’ and wish him well for whatever the future may hold”

Club Captain, Daryl Meggatt and Craig McEwan will take interim charge of the team until further notice.

52 minutes ago, andy25 said:

🤣

Im Goin to tell u something , I met him About 9 times before he eventually said yes to the job , money was never mentioned and when he took the job I asked him how much he wanted per week as he could have named  his figure , his answer Uve  convinced me to come I don’t want a penny and hasn’t took a penny in wages , he just loves football 

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Im Goin to tell u something , I met him About 9 times before he eventually said yes to the job , money was never mentioned and when he took the job I asked him how much he wanted per week as he could have named  his figure , his answer Uve  convinced me to come I don’t want a penny and hasn’t took a penny in wages , he just loves football 

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate that’s nonsense , there is no doubt there has been Interest from East Kilbride but that’s no the reason he’s resigned , I will leave it at that 

So if it isn't the reason he resigned to go to East Kilbride what is the reason has u seem to know what's the big secret in why resigning there must be more to the story that's what people are asking and has someone who knows him so well and the club why not just say the reason 

5 minutes ago, drs said:

Michael has been in charge since February 2019, winning 2 league titles, of which last year was the inaugural West of Scotland Premier League, but just pipped at the post for promotion to Lowland League. Then the emphatic Scottish Cup runs both last season and this season with a massive win over SPFL giants Aberdeen in the 4th Round. But following a meeting between Club President John Gall and Michael today, he will leave post with immediate effect. Darvel FC wish Michael success in the future and thank him for his service.

"Just pipped at the post"? Abject failure, surely?

14 minutes ago, drs said:

Goodnight sweet and sour Prince -

Darvel Football Club can announce today that Michael Kennedy has resigned as the club’s manager.

John Gall said “Michael has been an integral part of everything at this Club throughout his tenure and has poured more than just managerial duties into the mix. He has been an absolute joy to work alongside over the last 4 seasons, with memories that will last a lifetime and for that I will always be proud to call Michael a friend.

The Club will always be the main focus for me and it saddens me that this is the end of the journey. Michael has been instrumental in leaving us with good solid foundations both in terms of infrastructure and playing squad that will continue to thrive well beyond his departure. I would like to thank Michael for his services and utmost professionalism shown during his time, he will always be a legend ‘doon the brae’ and wish him well for whatever the future may hold”

Club Captain, Daryl Meggatt and Craig McEwan will take interim charge of the team until further notice.

Roughly translated, he’s been tapped up by EK and his head has been turned so we need to let him go.

Always came across  as a decent guy but it's ultimately  a failure this season. To be so far behind beith with that squad is simply not good enough. What happen next with these players is anyone's guess. 

19 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

That's cringey please don't make it all about  you or how great  a story that should be 

I've always sort of questioned if the money at Darvel was coming from Kennedy/Black Rooster or Gall/Brownings. We will find out now.

EK another club with backers so not surprising if the likes of him and Ferry pitch up there. Signed the likes of Alan Lithgow, Kyle Connell, Bob McHugh in the last year and they're miles off it so will be interesting to see how this pans out. I suspect even more money will be thrown at it and more big names recruited as part of the "project".

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate I’m saying he never mentioned money once and refused to take a penny in wages , let me know if that’s normal practise 

Ive known quite a few managers to do it over the years at a number of clubs. Nothing special in it

6 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate I’m saying he never mentioned money once and refused to take a penny in wages , let me know if that’s normal practise 

I've known lots of managers who've actually  paid to manage when you break it down with fund raisers and stuff over the course.

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Ur always saying u need new players but I suggest u mean good new players , there is no one like him with his connections and forget all the silly stuff about £400-£500 pw , he can get top players for half of that which is what Talbot pay their top players 

there's no 1 like him with his connections? Even ur assistants mcewan, mcanespie and Higgins all played premier league football in Scotland but mk has better connections. Lol aye OK walloper. 

Mon the papers