Darvel FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Say what you like about Mick, but I can guarantee one thing, every year when the Scottish Cup is on TV, Darvel will be mentioned every year for beating Aberdeen, a one off game,maybe, but it's now part of Scottish football history, a fair achievement in anybody's book.

Gretna get mentioned quite regularly too 🤭

39 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I know a guy who can bring in quality players and the problem is this season he brought in too many imo and trying to keep them all happy was impossible but that was then up to the sporting director and president to say no u don’t need them we have enough but as I said earlier if they want to spend spend spend that their prerogative 

“Sporting Director “ what you on about

11 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Say what you like about Mick, but I can guarantee one thing, every year when the Scottish Cup is on TV, Darvel will be mentioned every year for beating Aberdeen, a one off game,maybe, but it's now part of Scottish football history, a fair achievement in anybody's book.

At the time anybody could have beat Aberdeen to be fair they were shocking but fair credit they beat them shame they couldn't beat a first division team after that 

7 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

At the time anybody could have beat Aberdeen to be fair they were shocking but fair credit they beat them shame they couldn't beat a first division team after that 

The stars aligned for Darvel to beat Aberdeen. Absolutely everything going for Darvel and everything against Aberdeen.

Still a fantastic result for a tier 6 side to beat a premier club and one that will rightly go down in the history books.

Not sure what MKs legacy is at Darvel other than that? Wonder what the real reason is for him leaving?

13 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The stars aligned for Darvel to beat Aberdeen. Absolutely everything going for Darvel and everything against Aberdeen.

Still a fantastic result for a tier 6 side to beat a premier club and one that will rightly go down in the history books.

Not sure what MKs legacy is at Darvel other than that? Wonder what the real reason is for him leaving?

It’s probably down to not winning the league, and the offer of a huge budget at EK, especially if the rumoured conference league comes to fruition.

34 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I have asked the same question has Darvel legend always does with his comments and said he can't say the reason why not just say the reason everyone knows he might go to East Kilbride fair enough but there is more to it 

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

What league are EK in? Is it the Lowland league? If so it will be interesting to see if MK continues to be as vocal about the closed shop of the Lowland League as he has been.

To be fair to him I think he will be because

A: EK won't be in relegation danger while the LL is still full of dross

B: I think he believes in the principal of promotion and relegation

Edited by Wile E Coyote

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

To be fair to him I think he will be because

A: EK won't be in relegation danger while the LL is still full of dross

B: I think he believes in the principal of promotion and relegation

Might be challenging for him depending on how his club votes/feels. Hope he does though as I agree with his views on the subject.

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Might be challenging for him depending on how his club votes/feels. Hope he does though as I agree with his views on the subject.

That’s before you start about his views on B teams! I’m not sure what EK’s position is on them but would be interesting if they were for.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher