Darvel FC Thread

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Ur there Andy , all good up ur way ?

To be fair can u blame us? Your president went out of his way to try and antagonise a great bunch of people and pick a fight with very well respected men at this level. His stupid antics on the video after winning the league, clicker gate and media attempts. He said on a media piece that people were calling them the Man City of the juniors!! I think it was only him who was doing this. I won’t mention the tapping of signed players!! Said all along it’s the real long term Darvel fans I feel sorry for and hope you can pick your club up again with the original values as this has been a hard watch for the last few years!!

The sheer arrogance of mr gall and certain others involved in the club is the main reason people have no sympathy.  

for him to post last week that Darvel have the best set up at this level is significantly off the mark.  Where is the stand, fair did you have charging ports in your mdf changing room however social club/hospitality is a joke. The park is decent however not on a par with pollock or talbot. Statements like this show how little he knows about operating a club at this level.  Just another “look at me, tell me how wonderful I am” post on Facebook.   

Sadly the true supporters have been discarded and treated horrendously, the same supporters that were there when the team was floating about the lower leagues.  Where were all these jumped up social media guys then? 

in terms of investment, have Darvel had much success in terms of silverware for the money they spent/wasted?

McInally looked like a defeated man in his interview, looking for new players, will he get them? Judging by the statement issued last night, there is still more to go out yet.  Reilly away to Gartcairn, Leishman rumoured to be heading back to Talbot, Cairns to Rob Roy, Syme TBC  

The budget shortfall could not have just came to light in the last few weeks, why was the spending of £20k on a striker sanctioned? At this level if you spend £20k on a player he has got to be a serious player and head and shoulders above the rest, is that Jordan Moore? 

Interesting to hear one of Mr Gall’s biggest fans who was quoted as saying that he has his back has now been on the clubs social media calling out committee members for dress sense and for not doing enough around the club, zero atmosphere at the game yesterday and normally you would call out players for a below par performance but there was none of that yesterday and I can see why as they must be wondering what’s going on.

48 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Interesting to hear one of Mr Gall’s biggest fans who was quoted as saying that he has his back has now been on the clubs social media calling out committee members for dress sense and for not doing enough around the club, zero atmosphere at the game yesterday and normally you would call out players for a below par performance but there was none of that yesterday and I can see why as they must be wondering what’s going on.

How can you get an atmosphere when the real fans are not welcome.   Plastic fans came out when things were rosey even at that you typically had a bigger away support than home support.  

I would like the club to come out and confirm status of ownership of the pitch.  

maybe John galls burst balloon tartan army supporters club will change their name to burst bubble 

10 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

How can you get an atmosphere when the real fans are not welcome.   Plastic fans came out when things were rosey even at that you typically had a bigger away support than home support.  

maybe John galls burst balloon tartan army supporters club will change their name to burst bubble 

Pre-Covid the pitch was still on a 100 year lease from the council with about 40 years left as I remember.

On 29/10/2023 at 12:40, fieldsofdreams said:

If you would like to find out the information maybe ask them or someone in the committee rather than asking on this forum under an anonymous account where nobody knows who you are.. 

41 minutes ago, Easyas123 said:

If you would like to find out the information maybe ask them or someone in the committee rather than asking on this forum under an anonymous account where nobody knows who you are.. 

Unfortunately there had been very little transparency at Darvel, no AGMs and no records of accounts. Anyone that didn't nod their head and agree with Mr Gall was shown the door. 

Too many hero worship Mr Gall doon the brae and are totally blinded by his classless actions or lack of understanding of how to operate a football club at this level.