Darvel FC Thread

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Rumours going about that john gall  has had enough and is finished at end of the season ? Interesting times ahead if true 

What happened 2 the stand for 300 fans he was gonnie build? Lol

Mon the papers

Back again, new phone and lost passwords etc...for account.

Due to rather unfortunate circumstances with the co-owner of browning's, I have been told John has stepped away from the committee/club for the foreseeable future until he has the situation with his business sorted. I do not blame him giving the circumstances, he has to look after his business and family first and foremost. 

I think this highlights the reason to have a big committee and also numerous funding sources so clubs arent left in the lurch. 

I think QTS have provided some security with shirt sponsor deal for the next 5 years however new business support and committee support is being looked for. 

I believe on playing side of things, things are fairly settled, although not his biggest fan Tony has done a good job fire fighting tis season as I am sure the situation he has found himself in hadn't been what was sold to him when he came in. 

Having not had a game last weekend due to the league letting teams ground share and imcompetance of the league secretary, i went along to the Clydebank game. Very lucky against a young Talbot side, i was told by a Talbot fan 6 players in the team were eligible for their under 20s which shows how young of team they are. Having watched the game I don't think that winning the league is out of the possibilities still.  Clydebank have probably the biggest budget in the league yet they are a very ordinary side, actually felt talbot were unlucky. 

Judging by the celebrations at the end of the game I was assuming that was the league won. I know we get criticized for Johns conduct at times, however that Bamford at Clydebank is the biggest embarrassment I have seen at a game made worse that he is a league official. 

😂😂deary me.

11 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Clydebank have probably the biggest budget in the league yet they are a very ordinary side, actually felt talbot were unlucky. 

Judging by the celebrations at the end of the game I was assuming that was the league won. I know we get criticized for Johns conduct at times, however that Bamford at Clydebank is the biggest embarrassment I have seen at a game made worse that he i

50 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Due to rather unfortunate circumstances with the co-owner of browning's, I have been told John has stepped away from the committee/club for the foreseeable future until he has the situation with his business sorted. I do not blame him giving the circumstances, he has to look after his business and family first and foremost. 

I think this highlights the reason to have a big committee and also numerous funding sources so clubs arent left in the lurch. 

I think QTS have provided some security with shirt sponsor deal for the next 5 years however new business support and committee support is being looked for. 

I believe on playing side of things, things are fairly settled, although not his biggest fan Tony has done a good job fire fighting tis season as I am sure the situation he has found himself in hadn't been what was sold to him when he came in. 

Having not had a game last weekend due to the league letting teams ground share and imcompetance of the league secretary, i went along to the Clydebank game. Very lucky against a young Talbot side, i was told by a Talbot fan 6 players in the team were eligible for their under 20s which shows how young of team they are. Having watched the game I don't think that winning the league is out of the possibilities still.  Clydebank have probably the biggest budget in the league yet they are a very ordinary side, actually felt talbot were unlucky. 

Judging by the celebrations at the end of the game I was assuming that was the league won. I know we get criticized for Johns conduct at times, however that Bamford at Clydebank is the biggest embarrassment I have seen at a game made worse that he is a league official. 

If qts have took the sponsorship for 5 years why they trying to sell shirt sponsorship on their fb page ? And the main stand which qts sponsor also ?

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

If qts have took the sponsorship for 5 years why they trying to sell shirt sponsorship on their fb page ? And the main stand which qts sponsor also ?

There post a few weeks ago was "The current lead shirt sponsor of Darvel FC, QTS has agreed to extend its sponsorship for a further five years. This updated deal increases the shirt sponsorship of not only the first team but across the wider teams of under 20s, 18s, and 17s." that was from the QTS website link on post. 

I actually never clocked that they were looking for shirt sponsor, seems strange. Now looking for main shirt sponsor for first team and 20s along with a host of other stuff. If QTS put in £100k was it just a cash injection or are they getting their branding put anywhere? I know that isn't my issue I am more worried about long term survival etc... 

Hopefully a statement being released? No real statement from club since the one about financial issues would be good to hear current position and if John is away is there to be an EGM called to replace him?

48 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

There post a few weeks ago was "The current lead shirt sponsor of Darvel FC, QTS has agreed to extend its sponsorship for a further five years. This updated deal increases the shirt sponsorship of not only the first team but across the wider teams of under 20s, 18s, and 17s." that was from the QTS website link on post. 

I actually never clocked that they were looking for shirt sponsor, seems strange. Now looking for main shirt sponsor for first team and 20s along with a host of other stuff. If QTS put in £100k was it just a cash injection or are they getting their branding put anywhere? I know that isn't my issue I am more worried about long term survival etc... 

Hopefully a statement being released? No real statement from club since the one about financial issues would be good to hear current position and if John is away is there to be an EGM called to replace him?

And one thing I will say the park should be named after John or his company with the money he has put into the club 

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Clydebank are nowhere near having the biggest budget 😂

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Still not clear how Darvel are structured financially, in the early days in interviews etc...John was calling himself the Owner, if that is the case what does he own? 

I would personally prefer to have a committee run club in partnership with Galston Youth, I can't see what experience Frank has when it comes to running a football club or what interest he really has for that matter either. 

Atleast if there was an open meeting we could ask these questions. Do the likes of Stevie G, Stevie H, Joke B remain at the club?

I take it you are not a season ticket holder as I believe if you were you could have went to the agm and asked such questions.

2 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

I take it you are not a season ticket holder as I believe if you were you could have went to the agm and asked such questions.

Not season ticket holder pay every game. 

a lot has changed since the last agm that’s why a EGM is required 

8 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Wow what a post ur having a go at every c**t. Ur an embarrassment 

Mon the papers

18 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

And one thing I will say the park should be named after John or his company with the money he has put into the club 

You could name the new stand after him

Someone had mentioned this morning QTS are pulling out anyone else heard anything about this? I know Alan and John are good friends so I would have thought Alan/QTS involvement was more to do with friendship with John than as a fan of the club itself. Not knocking QTS as they have been a great sponsor and provide good jobs throughout the valley. But i can also understand if because John is away that they are no longer willing to put the money in.  

That would make sense if true why they released looking for shirt sponsor, main stand sponsor etc...all where the QTS branding is currently in place.

Hopefully more local businesses can help out, not unrealistic to expect another Brownings/QTS size company to come forward however the likes of Beith, Talbot etc...seem to manage with a lot of smaller sponsors rather than 1 or 2 larger ones. 

Unsure how much demand or income could be brought in in making the Kier White suite more of a social club and open more often. Cumnock, Bonnyrigg Rose, troon, Kelty Hearts all have busy social clubs which help fund the club. 

25 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Someone had mentioned this morning QTS are pulling out anyone else heard anything about this? I know Alan and John are good friends so I would have thought Alan/QTS involvement was more to do with friendship with John than as a fan of the club itself. Not knocking QTS as they have been a great sponsor and provide good jobs throughout the valley. But i can also understand if because John is away that they are no longer willing to put the money in.  

That would make sense if true why they released looking for shirt sponsor, main stand sponsor etc...all where the QTS branding is currently in place.

Hopefully more local businesses can help out, not unrealistic to expect another Brownings/QTS size company to come forward however the likes of Beith, Talbot etc...seem to manage with a lot of smaller sponsors rather than 1 or 2 larger ones. 

Unsure how much demand or income could be brought in in making the Kier White suite more of a social club and open more often. Cumnock, Bonnyrigg Rose, troon, Kelty Hearts all have busy social clubs which help fund the club. 

Probably pulling out because they don't want to be associated with any club that would allow you or Darvel Legend through their gates.

4 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

IMG_3468.webp