Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

How are Gartcairn able to afford Ian McShane?  He was on a fair whack at Darvel and it's not unfair to say he will be on a similar amount at Gartcairn.  So without a sizeable fan base, how are they managing it?

Ran by a group of businessmen apparently. Must be pooling their resources.

5 hours ago, energyzone said:

How are Gartcairn able to afford Ian McShane?  He was on a fair whack at Darvel and it's not unfair to say he will be on a similar amount at Gartcairn.  So without a sizeable fan base, how are they managing it?

I even heard they are paying him more than Darvel was. How much truth you can take from that, i'm not sure but the guy who told me hasnt been wrong about much and doesnt usually buy into too many rumours to be fair. I would be uneasy about my team not living within their means, its a dangerous game to play as has been highlighted in recent weeks

3 hours ago, tyson1909 said:

I even heard they are paying him more than Darvel was. How much truth you can take from that, i'm not sure but the guy who told me hasnt been wrong about much and doesnt usually buy into too many rumours to be fair. I would be uneasy about my team not living within their means, its a dangerous game to play as has been highlighted in recent weeks

Yes I was amazed to see this signing.Are they trying to take over where Darvel left off…..

10 hours ago, tyson1909 said:

Gartcairn are not paying him more than he got at Darvel, so your guy is completely wrong. Actually, In fact, Darvel were paying him way more than he gets from Gartcairn

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

58 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Gartcairn are not paying him more than me got at Darvel, so your guy is completely wrong. Actually, In fact, Darvel were paying him way more than he gets from Gartcairn

Gartcairn would be better spending money on their facilities rather than throwing money at players.

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Gartcairn are not paying him more than me got at Darvel, so your guy is completely wrong. Actually, In fact, Darvel were paying him way more than he gets from Gartcairn

He signed what appeared to be a very lucrative contract at Darvel.  Did he just walk away from that to earn less at another club?  He's not going to lose out financially from this.

45 minutes ago, energyzone said:

He signed what appeared to be a very lucrative contract at Darvel.  Did he just walk away from that to earn less at another club?  He's not going to lose out financially from this.

Maybe Darvel gave him a bit of a payoff to get him off the books which balanced up the wage difference? Just a thought.

If things are tight at Darvel it’s better to give him say £2000 (£100 a week x 20 weeks) rather than pay him £300-400 (or a lot less or more I wouldn’t know) for the rest of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Maybe Darvel gave him a bit of a payoff to get him off the books which balanced up the wage difference? Just a thought.

If things are tight at Darvel it’s better to give him say £2000 (£100 a week x 20 weeks) rather than pay him £300-400 (or a lot less or more I wouldn’t know) for the rest of the season. 

His wages were rumored to be about £800 a week.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

I will say again;
Gartcairn are not paying him more than he got at Darvel, so your guy is completely wrong. Actually, In fact, Darvel were paying him way more than he gets from Gartcairn

Think what you want from that but its actually factually correct

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Or,...and in fairness to the guy I'm completely making this up (and it is definitely not a fact), perhaps Darvel are fulfilling the terms of the remainder of his actual written contract and Gartcairn are paying him the extra that wasn't going through the books ?

Both clubs happy. Player happy. Taxman not so happy.

10 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I will say again;

Think what you want from that but its actually factually correct

image.png.106b78107ac5a676643619ec36a47e79.png

1 hour ago, SaturdaySammy said:

In reality, none of these guys who are getting the mad wages at this level are worth the money - its the ones who are agreeing to pay these amounts that need their heeds checked. 

The problem with the ones running Darvel is none of them have any experience in running a football club at that level. The experienced committee members either left or were shown the door. As such it is hardly surprising to see the dire state they are in now. 

All players told they are free to look for another club with it looking more and more likely that it will be the Darvel development team needing to fill in the voids. I have no issues with teams using the youth links within their set up, this is a healthy model however to field a development team in the west premier is a huge ask of the young boys. I just don't understand how things could have gotten this bad with no foresight from the business man in charge of the club. 

This has been a reckless board governing the running of the club, only in it for their own egos. Why are the supporters not calling out John Gall for his stupidity on how he ran the club. No class, no respect and no telling them. 

16 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Or,...and in fairness to the guy I'm completely making this up (and it is definitely not a fact), perhaps Darvel are fulfilling the terms of the remainder of his actual written contract and Gartcairn are paying him the extra that wasn't going through the books ?

Both clubs happy. Player happy. Taxman not so happy.

Nope, Darvel have nothing to do with the player now and everyone is happy including the Taxman

3 minutes ago, PB1234 said:

Someone from gartcairn has stated on Facebook that he's a family member of Someone connected to gartcairn mabye that's the reason he's went there 🤔 

Haha , a bet he’s always aimed to end his career at gartcairn 

On 29/10/2023 at 12:40, fieldsofdreams said:

How can you get an atmosphere when the real fans are not welcome.   Plastic fans came out when things were rosey even at that you typically had a bigger away support than home support.  

I would like the club to come out and confirm status of ownership of the pitch.  

maybe John galls burst balloon tartan army supporters club will change their name to burst bubble 

I’ve been informed from the council the pitch is on lease till 2037, not as long as I thought tbh.