Darvel FC Thread

Just now, GIRUU said:

Fair enough. But if you were that worried about the club why say no to the offer to take the keys and take over when offered to you for nothing?

as long as the gates stay open I’m happy but can you not do something more official and put something official in like in a house purchase offer to JG. I’m sure he would appreciate some money back and the fans would appreciate money coming in?

Covid and it was obvious no crowds would be allowed in for a long while and I knew the wages being paid and there was no way I was throwing money away as much as I love the club , John doesn’t own the club so he can’t sell it but if he sees a better opportunity than he thinks we could provide that’s fair enough , let’s see how it pans out 

6 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Covid and it was obvious no crowds would be allowed in for a long while and I knew the wages being paid and there was no way I was throwing money away as much as I love the club , John doesn’t own the club so he can’t sell it but if he sees a better opportunity than he thinks we could provide that’s fair enough , let’s see how it pans out 

Does that mean that JG saved the club by throwing his money away to keep it going at that time knowing it would be wasted if no income? Take my hat off tor he guy for that, 

30 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Does that mean that JG saved the club by throwing his money away to keep it going at that time knowing it would be wasted if no income? Take my hat off tor he guy for that, 

100% and he has done a lot of good at the club which I’ve mentioned countless times on here , but I spoke to a lot of investors who wanted to put money into the club when things were looking up and they all would have but they all Rightly so wanted a say in how the club was run , when I said that wouldn’t happen none of them invested , that tells its own story 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

100% and he has done a lot of good at the club which I’ve mentioned countless times on here , but I spoke to a lot of investors who wanted to put money into the club when things were looking up and they all would have but they all Rightly so wanted a say in how the club was run , when I said that wouldn’t happen none of them invested , that tells its own story 

Would u put ur money into a club knowing fine well u have no say on how the club is ran and how ur money is spent??? No 1 would unless u have a bottomless pot of cash. Where do u see Darvel in 10 year time? 

Mon the papers

23 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate that’s exactly what happened and I won’t go into things publicly on why It happened , he knows and so do I , now since then I’ve not spoken one word to him but when the statement  went out about the club in bother I messaged him to say I would help out with other guys who wanted to invest in the club and as I say it was a substantial figure and I never got a reply 

You’ve had no problem being public about your feelings towards the club/committee/JG before so what’s different now?

No wonder you never got a reply, after everything you done/said about JG/ the club and committee, how negative you’ve been about the club why would he welcome you back with open arms? You’re deluded if you thought that was ever going to happen. I am actually amazed that you seem hard done by that you never got a reply. 

Significant investment from yourself? You were there for long enough and never put your hand in your pocket, don’t try and kid on now that you know you’ve no chance of being involved that you’d put your hand in your pocket. Going through the motions to try and make you look like the good guy Jim. 

The club is better off without you and your money. 

Edited by ClubFan87

I take it the "Ticket Only" situation is a way of bribing people into the lottery. Or are the club trying to cash in on a second leg which if hypothetically let's say Talbot won which I don't see happening 5-0 in first leg and the second leg is over before it starts, if tickets already bought then they make the money they wouldn't have. 

I still think this will be a last attempt from JG to screw over Talbot, sell tickets and then only pay per person through turnstile. Anyone not making the game is 100% money to Darvel and not split between Talbot and the SJFA. 

What is the official capacity, I know the capacity for Aberdeen game was higher as temporary license was granted based on having additional terracing, toilets etc...in place at that game which I can only assume won't be in place this time.  

5 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I take it the "Ticket Only" situation is a way of bribing people into the lottery. Or are the club trying to cash in on a second leg which if hypothetically let's say Talbot won which I don't see happening 5-0 in first leg and the second leg is over before it starts, if tickets already bought then they make the money they wouldn't have. 

I still think this will be a last attempt from JG to screw over Talbot, sell tickets and then only pay per person through turnstile. Anyone not making the game is 100% money to Darvel and not split between Talbot and the SJFA. 

What is the official capacity, I know the capacity for Aberdeen game was higher as temporary license was granted based on having additional terracing, toilets etc...in place at that game which I can only assume won't be in place this time.  

f**k me rhubarb, take a day off 

5 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I never knew anything about Gall until I saw his antics on a film where he was more interested in getting it up Talbot than running a club.  Maybe sums it up they are going down the grubber, and the legacy he is leaving is everybody hates Darvel rather than us. Thanks John.

12 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I take it the "Ticket Only" situation is a way of bribing people into the lottery

You never stop do you. No wonder both sides of the coin can’t be bothered with you.

Ticket only is usually demanded by the cup organisers to ensure correct allocation of the gate money. But again, that doesn’t suit your agenda does it. It’s a conspiracy, and here’s my mad tinfoil hat.

And I could be wrong but are tickets not numbered for security purposes? If tickets sold but not used the money still gets split. Doesn’t matter what goes through the gate, like any music concert it’s the ticket stubs that count not the tickets.

You should know the capacity because you know all the financial info but it probably won’t matter because you will say too high or too low or some other 💩 excuse for a rant.

I and probably many other just hope you stay the f away and take your poison with you. It’s becoming boring now.

7 hours ago, beaver watch said:

Maybe sums it up they are going down the grubber

I spent time with some of the supporters from Lochee, Larkhall, and Kilsyth, and they were raving about the club in a good way and we had a great crack together. That’s what it’s about. Not all about the 💩 and poison some would have you believe. Good things and bad things at all clubs but it should just be banter between fans when not involving the green and blue brigades.

16 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

At semi final stage I am presuming as never been to a semi final where not all ticket. Presuming for security as much as ticket sale checks.

The only semis with tickets I've been to were last season and both still had cash gates. Before that I can't remember a single one with tickets.

47 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

At semi final stage I am presuming as never been to a semi final where not all ticket. Presuming for security as much as ticket sale checks.

Last season's semi final (one-off match at a neutral venue) wasn't all ticket.

Glencairn didn't sell any tickets for the match, all of our supporters paid at the gate.

When we got to the semi final in 2013 v Auchinleck Talbot it was 2 legs then as well, but again it was pay at the gate for both legs.

35 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Glencairn didn't sell any tickets for the match, all of our supporters paid at the gate.

When we got to the semi final in 2013 v Auchinleck Talbot it was 2 legs then as well, but again it was pay at the gate for both legs.

Yes it’s nonsense being all ticket 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Seem to remember that something controversial happened in that match. What was it again? 😉

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Yes it’s nonsense being all ticket 

Really?

I messaged the Facebook page yesterday when the question was asked here and I got the following response.

The ties will be all ticket as per the instructions from the SJFA in accordance with the new procedures they have introduced regarding ticketing and split of gate income for this season.

N.B. Admission tickets must be issued and the away club and the SJFA Representativemust check the starting-finishing numbers and supply gate checkers.

34 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Really?

I messaged the Facebook page yesterday when the question was asked here and I got the following response.

The ties will be all ticket as per the instructions from the SJFA in accordance with the new procedures they have introduced regarding ticketing and split of gate income for this season.

N.B. Admission tickets must be issued and the away club and the SJFA Representativemust check the starting-finishing numbers and supply gate checkers.

So it's a new rule for this season, that's fair enough. You said it was "usually" demanded by the organisers, as if it was something that had been in place for a while.

21 minutes ago, glensmad said:

So it's a new rule for this season, that's fair enough. You said it was "usually" demanded by the organisers, as if it was something that had been in place for a while.

I did think it was usually until I asked the question as I’ve never went to other wos cup semis without one. But yeah appears that way.