Darvel FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

So does the club have an actual sponsorship to which will go to the help of the running of the club in normal ways outwith the grounds work company?

I believe there are other smaller sponsors but I couldn’t say for certain who and what level of sponsorship they supply.

11 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The secretary Frank Hill has officially gone.

Incredible what's happened at Darvel this year.

History shows it only ends one way I'm afraid and Johnstone burgh, St cadocs , drumchapel,  gartcairn and co will find it goes the same way in a few years If that .

Clydebank can probably sustain it a bit better as they've got a fan base that will stick with them. 

7 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

History shows it only ends one way I'm afraid and Johnstone burgh, St cadocs , drumchapel,  gartcairn and co will find it goes the same way in a few years If that .

Clydebank can probably sustain it a bit better as they've got a fan base that will stick with them. 

Seems like Johnstone Burgh have a decent fan base too though so they might be exempt from that list 

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Seems like Johnstone Burgh have a decent fan base too though so they might be exempt from that list 

Johnstone Burgh have had this before and sunk to near extinction probably 10 years ago? So they can remain on that list. 

when their backer disappears, they probably will too, along with their “supporters”. Shame as they were steady and progressing before the massive investment. 

Edited by Westy1

41 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The secretary Frank Hill has officially gone.

Incredible what's happened at Darvel this year.

He sent out war and peace in an email last night, slating various people, ex committee members recent and not so recent, ex players , seemingly he saved the club but he then urges Brownings lawyers to tell them not to let the £500k slide that apparently the club owes them. Whoever was on the committee at the time of allowing the club to get into £500k of debt should hang there heads in shame.

22 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

He sent out war and peace in an email last night, slating various people, ex committee members recent and not so recent, ex players , seemingly he saved the club but he then urges Brownings lawyers to tell them not to let the £500k slide that apparently the club owes them. Whoever was on the committee at the time of allowing the club to get into £500k of debt should hang there heads in shame.

500k. That is mental if true

28 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

He might come on here to defend himself too...

I Hope Please GIF

27 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Yeah the frauds MK and the odious JG have in effect bankrupt the club.  An engineering company is propping them up. 

They are a Village team from the bottom tier.  Always were always will be.  If they survive will i highly doubt 

53 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Yeah the frauds MK and the odious JG have in effect bankrupt the club.  An engineering company is propping them up. 

They are a Village team from the bottom tier.  Always were always will be.  If they survive will i highly doubt 

One thing I will say about JG is what you see is what you get. His famous ‘Unlucky Talbot’ summed him up. Arrogant, classless, lacking basic intelligence, etc. Not that he cares a jot 

MK on the other hand is very careful to present a persistent mr nice guy act that many people fall for. Occasionally the mask falls. But he is, in my opinion, someone who is worth a watching. 

Long term, the pair of them and how they worked together could prove to be the downfall of Darvel. I hope I am wrong. 

2 hours ago, maicoman said:

500k. That is mental if true

That’s what he says on the email, my bigger concern is who authorised the club to get £500k possibly into debt, tbf I think a deal or something has been struck with John to write it off which is commendable of him, but if he changes his mind the club is in serious trouble……. That’s if it’s documented that it’s loans.

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

That’s what he says on the email, my bigger concern is who authorised the club to get £500k possibly into debt, tbf I think a deal or something has been struck with John to write it off which is commendable of him, but if he changes his mind the club is in serious trouble……. That’s if it’s documented that it’s loans.

eliminating debt, increasing revenue to its highest ever and returning the club to the community is what Mr Hill has said publicly. Sounds at odds with his email…

15 minutes ago, ibenji said:

eliminating debt, increasing revenue to its highest ever and returning the club to the community is what Mr Hill has said publicly. Sounds at odds with his email…

The club has never not belonged to the community, he has said on his email that he has increased the online sales, negotiated with John to eliminate the £500k owed to Brownings, it then appears he’s taken the huff by saying that the Brownings lawyer should tell John to renegade on the deal, that is not “saving” the club as he claims to have done, that will kill it.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Clydebank can sustain their wage bill because it’s within our financial means. 

That’s an interesting post.

Clydebank have similar attendances to Pollok. Yet this season have spent tens of thousands on transfer fees and subsequently wages to pay for these players.

While last season was a good season any extra revenue would have been poor as cup performance was poor. 

Therefore to sustain their wage bill, it can’t be from people through the gate, it has to be sponsors or donations. Which can’t always be guaranteed to be there. 

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

That’s an interesting post.

Clydebank have similar attendances to Pollok. Yet this season have spent tens of thousands on transfer fees and subsequently wages to pay for these players.

While last season was a good season any extra revenue would have been poor as cup performance was poor. 

Therefore to sustain their wage bill, it can’t be from people through the gate, it has to be sponsors or donations. Which can’t always be guaranteed to be there. 

Don't ever have the audacity to question the bankies or you be branded a  " wee vile bankies obsessed troll " 😆