Darvel FC Thread

Just now, Fulton One Nil said:

Mr Dickson was definitely the problem at Pollok however the executives at the club enabled his behaviour and now claim they knew nothing

Is he still there?

Darvel Football Club can confirm that with immediate effect Mr John Gall has left his position as Club President.  The Club would like to put on record our thanks to John for his support over the past 8 years.  

During his time with the Club we have won three League Titles and most recently the West of Scotland League Cup and the Scottish Junior Cup (both of these for first time in the Club’s history.)

And who will ever forget on January 23rd 2023 when Darvel pulled off one of the biggest shocks in Scottish Football History by beating Premiership side Aberdeen in the fourth round of the Scottish Cup at Recreation Park.  That put us well and truly on the International map.

John has also been instrumental in overseeing huge changes to the Infrastructure at Recreation Park which is a massive legacy to the Club and Town.

Following the announcement the Club Committee will review its position to determine our way forward.  This will be communicated to all members of the Club in due course.  Once we are able to do so, we will then update the wider support.

#All the Best John

Edited by clansman

MK and JG have a lot to answer for.  

I seen one of MK lap dogs, David the commercial man on saying how JG had transformed the WoS and darvel.  

A legacy that will cost darvel dear.  I feel sorry for genuine fans.   Where are all the committee guys that’s were there when JG was there throwing stupid money around? 

3 hours ago, clansman said:

Darvel Football Club can confirm that with immediate effect Mr John Gall has left his position as Club President.  The Club would like to put on record our thanks to John for his support over the past 8 years.  

During his time with the Club we have won three League Titles and most recently the West of Scotland League Cup and the Scottish Junior Cup (both of these for first time in the Club’s history.)

And who will ever forget on January 23rd 2023 when Darvel pulled off one of the biggest shocks in Scottish Football History by beating Premiership side Aberdeen in the fourth round of the Scottish Cup at Recreation Park.  That put us well and truly on the International map.

John has also been instrumental in overseeing huge changes to the Infrastructure at Recreation Park which is a massive legacy to the Club and Town.

Following the announcement the Club Committee will review its position to determine our way forward.  This will be communicated to all members of the Club in due course.  Once we are able to do so, we will then update the wider support.

#All the Best John

Odious little cretin has destroyed the clubs reputation it built up over more than 100 years.  It will never recover even if the club survive. 

Few others like the 'legend' were also a utter disgrace .

6 hours ago, clansman said:

#All the Best John

I have said on the outside looking in that Darvel are in reality a 1st/2nd division team but are having a great time in the past few years due to having money from a sugar daddy.  I knew  a lot of people on here and outside of here didn't like him but then i saw his chants after winning the league, slagging Talbot, I understood why most didn't like him, that to be honest was a bit over the top and cringeworthy from Mr Gall.

Darvel have been going since 1889 and I'm sure they have had unscrupulous chairmen in charge during their 100 odd years.
If they manage to get by with the money problems they have and get it sorted then its been a great time for Darvel because forget the ones on here who are bitter, jealous or hatred for Gall and MK and Darvel, it will be a new era for Darvel and in 10 years time people will look back not thinking of Gall or Mk that much but will look back knowing they now have a great wee stadium and park and they have the history of winning the WOSFL premier league, West of Scotland Cup, Scottish Junior cup and creating one of the biggest shocks in Scottish footballing history beating Aberdeen in the Scottish cup. 

I do not know what the future holds for Darvel and what's everyone's attitudes will be towards Darvel in the next coming year or so but wish them all the best on their ups and downs in their future.

4 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I have said on the outside looking in that Darvel are in reality a 1st/2nd division team but are having a great time in the past few years due to having money from a sugar daddy.  I knew  a lot of people on here and outside of here didn't like him but then i saw his chants after winning the league, slagging Talbot, I understood why most didn't like him, that to be honest was a bit over the top and cringeworthy from Mr Gall.

Darvel have been going since 1889 and I'm sure they have had unscrupulous chairmen in charge during their 100 odd years.
If they manage to get by with the money problems they have and get it sorted then its been a great time for Darvel because forget the ones on here who are bitter, jealous or hatred for Gall and MK and Darvel, it will be a new era for Darvel and in 10 years time people will look back not thinking of Gall or Mk that much but will look back knowing they now have a great wee stadium and park and they have the history of winning the WOSFL premier league, West of Scotland Cup, Scottish Junior cup and creating one of the biggest shocks in Scottish footballing history beating Aberdeen in the Scottish cup. 

I do not know what the future holds for Darvel and what's everyone's attitudes will be towards Darvel in the next coming year or so but wish them all the best on their ups and downs in their future.

A club in serious financial trouble, if the club fails to survive that is the legacy of JG.  

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Gall wrote that ‘tribute’ himself. Can at least see him standing over one of Darvel’s army of ‘media’ team dictating it. 

The guy bought success, massaged his own ego by putting himself front and centre at every opportunity and treated a lot of people and clubs like dirt along the way. 

I doubt many in the game outside of Darvel will miss him. Classless, obnoxious to the end. 

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

Please provide details of the serious financial trouble.

Unsure if you seen a copy of Frank Hill's email outlining the situation and money owed?

They were unable to pay the development fee for Declan McDonald. 

The money for Syme promised to be reinvested has yet to be seen. 

The have the ongoing dispute with the SJFA over money as Darvel failed to pay there share of the gate money from the semi final. 

I feel sorry for the genuine fans of the club the ones quietly suppporting their club and even the genuine committee members that have went. Too many "fans" got too big for their boots, people joined the committee by invite of JG to say yes to him. 

I may not be a fan of certain clubs however I never want to see a club go under. 

JG and MK legacy will be judged in the coming years. Aberdeen a one night success, a title in a post covid season when Darvel were the only side throwing money around, and then the double last year however much over shadowed by the behaviour off the park and treatment of managers as well as other clubs. 

10 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

🤔

6 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

A club in serious financial trouble, if the club fails to survive that is the legacy of JG.  

This post is for you and hopefully used and read as a help and realization:
It's not an personal attack, its helpful advice

Honestly, can you just stop, you and a few others, especially on other sections of the forums and on this section, are the reason why junior football continues to have such a bad name. Do you not read the posts.  In your head its about JG and you also have hatred for new clubs and clubs with money and i get that.  Just get it through your heed, Darvel FC have been going since 1889, (135 fecking years, woww) and in 10 years time if the club is still going or folded, people will look back and see and I quote "they now have a great wee stadium and park and they have the history of winning the WOSFL premier league, West of Scotland Cup, Scottish Junior cup and creating one of the biggest shocks in Scottish footballing history beating Aberdeen in the Scottish cup. " and I cant ever see that Scottish cup result ever being repeated.

P.s. Genuinely you have a lot of hatred, why don't you just take time out, if you follow a team, go and follow them and even join in and help and enjoy your football, cause trying to spread hatred continuously will continue to grow inside you even in your private life as many just switch off when you post.  I genuinely don't remember seeing a good post from you about things that a team, any team have done well.  I think if you are being compared to Trafford by others on here, you should stop

The only person who will still think of JG & MK in years to come will be you, while no one else will give a feck.  Do you know who the chairman of Darvel was in 1967?, no. Do you know who the chairman of  Darvel was when they were beaten in the Scottish junior cup final, 75/76?, no you don't and guess what, that majority of us don't either and don't really care, work it out.

Darvel, once the sugar daddy leaves are in reality, I'd say, (my view from experience), a bottom 1st division team or a top 2nd division team and you and a few others waste your time spreading your hatred for them which i genuinely find laughable.  I've always thought of Darvel when I played against them as a certain 3 points and now I think they will go back to their real level with a whole new committee and chairman, if that makes you feel better then great.  Any team can come into money with a powerful person wanting to buy success and if they do it, well good on them, if they fail then they tried.  I don't hate any team in our level, there's teams I dislike but they are all trying to get on the best they can, there are certain sections of fans of clubs at our level who are not nice and then same in the LL who are the same but all in all, clubs just want success an, especially teams with volunteer staff are trying their hardest.

Gall has been chairman of a club and brought success, he should never do any front of camera advertising as he will put people off, i think everyone is in agreement at that but he has now left and its a new era and lets see where it takes Darvel, wish them all the best but i cant see them avoiding relegation this season the way things are going.

Hopefully you will have some good, positive posts soon, I'm not expecting a huge change but one or two would be good 😃👍

But if your next reply is, Feck OFF then I understand

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

The have the ongoing dispute with the SJFA over money as Darvel failed to pay there share of the gate money from the semi final. 

Hmm pyro...

Edited by Ginaro