Scotlands games to be broadcast on Nordic streaming platform.

Lofarl

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think they've taken over all the Viaplay stuff domestically, so they'll still have Scotland internationals (and all UEFA internationals not involving England, in fact) plus the two domestic cup competitions. They sometimes show qualifiers for the European competitions involving British clubs, but BBC Scotland have been picking up more of these recently. They also currently have the rights to La Liga but no idea if that will expire.

Thanks. Couldn't personally care less about La Liga but my son may occasionally watch it I suppose. Makes no odds to me in terms of whether to renew. Having Scotland will do it though. I wasn't sure if the League Cup sponsorship had expired and with it the tv deal? Doesn't really matter though. I'll renew if they've got the internationals anyway.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks. Couldn't personally care less about La Liga but my son may occasionally watch it I suppose. Makes no odds to me in terms of whether to renew. Having Scotland will do it though. I wasn't sure if the League Cup sponsorship had expired and with it the tv deal? Doesn't really matter though. I'll renew if they've got the internationals anyway.

The League Cup sponsorship is until the end of 2026/27. https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-viaplay-cup

Has anyone noticed that the picture quality for Premier Sports online is dramatically poorer than Viaplay had? The resolution and frame rates are rotten. 

They have the Scottish Cup rights, but those expire in May. Expect they'll extend that deal.

League Cup is until 2027 - exclusively live to them. They also have all Scotland matches until Euro 2028, although they'll sublicence games to BBC and others when it suits them. They'll probably take the 20 Premiership games Doncaster was on about from next season too.

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Seemed the most appropriate place to put this. Can anyone confirm what football Premier Sports have moving forward? Do they still have the contract for Scotland games through to 2028? And will they still be covering the Scottish League Cup and Scottish Cup? Anything else?

My subscription's up for renewal, deciding whether to renew or not. I only got it for the Scotland games so if they weren't on I'd let it go, but the domestic cup games are a bonus if I do have it.

Why don't you stop being a lazy b*****d and google it like everyone else?

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Because the likes of @craigkillie and @The Master are experts on this sort of thing and will give me a clear answer I trust. What's your issue? If you want to block my posts feel free.

I feel duty bound to point out that @Ray Patterson is probably more of an expert than I am!

I will however throw in a piece of useless trivia relating to the UEFA rights (qualifiers and Nations League).

Viaplay never actually exploited any of the rights that led them to launch in the UK in the first place (i.e. the 2024-28 international rights). The only international rights they ended up using were the ones originally bought by Premier (and similarly, the rights that Premier will be using from September were those 2024-28 rights originally bought by Viaplay). 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Because the likes of @craigkillie and @The Master are experts on this sort of thing and will give me a clear answer I trust. What's your issue? If you want to block my posts feel free.

Posting for the sake of posting, why don't you just Google it man. It will give you all the answers you need 

Google is only going to take you to other websites where other people have attempted to answer this type of question. I would typically trust certain posters on this site more than I would a random Google source for anything related to the minutiae Scottish football.

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Google is only going to take you to other websites where other people have attempted to answer this type of question. I would typically trust certain posters on this site more than I would a random Google source for anything related to the minutiae Scottish football.

Aye if you're reading someone on a social media platform maybe.

There's various websites out there where you can find the information you need from journalists who are paid well to find this information out. Where do you think these so called experts on here find out info? 

8 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

There's various websites out there where you can find the information you need from journalists who are paid well to find this information out. Where do you think these so called experts on here find out info? 

Which paid journalists are writing about what Premier Sports are going to be broadcasting over the next couple of years?

The overall standard of journalism in this country is also, quite frankly shite, and you will get far more insight on here than you will from about 95% of those covering our game. Again, it's about knowing who to trust.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Which paid journalists are writing about what Premier Sports are going to be broadcasting over the next couple of years?

The overall standard of journalism in this country is also, quite frankly shite, and you will get far more insight on here than you will from about 95% of those covering our game. Again, it's about knowing who to trust.

Uhm STV News, The Scotsman etc and you can do a Google search for more if you dont trust them two. 

You're making a mountain of this mole hill, if you can find this forum, make an account and know how to post and reply on here, log into premier sports app already, etc then I'm no quite sure how you can't do a simple google search of who's got the tv rights... 

10 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Genuine question, how much do you think football reporters in Scotland are paid?

Also, when journalists report on whatever your area of expertise is, like your profession, how accurate are they? 

Generally, with a few notable exceptions, journalists are rarely nerds, and this kind of information is firmly nerd territory. They have lots of contacts and are very social people but they don't like getting into boring details. The standard of reporting on things like coefficients, rule changes, finances etc is dreadful. That was brought into sharp focus when Rangers collapsed and bloggers were the only source of solid information while journalists were writing absolute pish. Now I get most of my football media news from SPFL Mediawatch and finance news from Kieran Maguire, both on Twitter.

Beyond football the lack of quality and reliability in the news media is a huge societal problem but that's a discussion for elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Are you for real or is this just some sort of trolling effort? I've a lot of experience dealing with Scottish football journalists. What I know about Scottish football and how it works is much more than the majority of them. I've had journalists contact me for information about how things work and what rules are on a reasonably regular basis. The majority of them are clueless outside of the Old Firm and maybe Hibs and Hearts, and even those who are genuinely interested in the rest of the game are unlikely to have enough time or interest to pore over such details, they just ask someone who does. Like I did.

I well remember a couple of seasons after the playoffs first came in sitting next to one of Scotland's allegedly more "respected" journalists who wasn't even aware there WERE playoffs in the lower leagues at that point. He knew where the bar was though, and wandered into the match 20 minutes late having been in it and asked if he'd missed anything important. I made a point of looking for his article on the game in question on the Monday. Four or five flowery paragraphs which had one single sentence on the actual match action he was being paid to report on.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Genuine question, how much do you think football reporters in Scotland are paid?

Also, when journalists report on whatever your area of expertise is, like your profession, how accurate are they? 

Generally, with a few notable exceptions, journalists are rarely nerds, and this kind of information is firmly nerd territory. They have lots of contacts and are very social people but they don't like getting into boring details. The standard of reporting on things like coefficients, rule changes, finances etc is dreadful. That was brought into sharp focus when Rangers collapsed and bloggers were the only source of solid information while journalists were writing absolute pish. Now I get most of my football media news from SPFL Mediawatch and finance news from Kieran Maguire, both on Twitter.

Beyond football the lack of quality and reliability in the news media is a huge societal problem but that's a discussion for elsewhere.

This. 100% this.

12 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

I'm no quite sure how you can't do a simple google search of who's got the tv rights...

You do realise that holding the rights to something does not necessarily equate to broadcasting it? The ownership situation at Premier Sports / Viaplay has changed since last season, I wasn't certain who was actually showing stuff next season. I'm 100% sure I'd trust @craigkillie or @The Master more than a random Google link or any journalist on it, especially if it wasn't a particularly recently published link.