Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The six games you’ve picked here featured games against Dumbarton and Peterhead, both of whom they were fortunate to beat. He’d won one league game in 10 when he was punted. 

Correct. Took a dodgy penalty to beat Dumbarton, we also took severe hidings from Utd, Hearts and Ross County, (5/6 goals conceded)

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Like Grant and Hughes did.

I reckon I could interview well for the Pars job. It means absolutely nothing. 

The guys clearly not a popular choice, like Grant, but unlike Grant, he isn't a complete roaster, so he has that going for him. That's about the biggest compliment I can give him. It's only really going to go one of two ways. Whilst I'm not happy with this appointment, I'm not too fussed either. The other candidates were much of muchness. 

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

While he’s not “won” anything he’s got 10 years of experience in management at an age most managers are just starting out. He saved a Dumbarton team which looked destined for the drop when he first came in and kept them in the Championship, which is an achievement in itself. He’s slowly built up a fairly rank Airdrie side into a decent football side who went on a fairly remarkable run, finished above QP and Falkirk who’d have both had far bigger budgets.

Maybe he’ll do well here, maybe he won’t, but I’m happy with his credentials.

Interesting that you give him the benefit of the doubt & rightly so, (even though most recently he led Airdrie to play-off collapse against a team they finished 21 points above) yet choose to completely dismiss McPake who did win promotion to the top flight.

To be fair none of the people quoted as being candidates for any of the vacancies inspired me & I would have had reservations if we'd appointed Murray or Petrie etc but like someone says he isn't Hughes or Grant & for that reason I am content.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I reckon I could interview well for the Pars job. It means absolutely nothing. 

The guys clearly not a popular choice, like Grant, but unlike Grant, he isn't a complete roaster, so he has that going for him. That's about the biggest compliment I can give him. It's only really going to go one of two ways. Whilst I'm not happy with this appointment, I'm not too fussed either. The other candidates were much of muchness. 

Who were the other candidates?

7 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Interviewed very well, supposedly.

Huge Gary Locke at Raith vibes here.

You can look at the simple facts of McPake taking over Dundee in the Championship then getting promoted through the playoffs and see why clubs would think he's worth a shot on that alone, but there's an awful lot of evidence that he's actually an absolutely dreadful manager.

With such a tight League One next year at least one club with a minimum expectation of the playoffs are going to miss out, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's Dunfermline after this appointment.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Who were the other candidates?

Just a wild stab in the dark but he's probably referring to the ones everybody was talking about on here. If you don't want to believe Pie & Bovril then you will never find out. 

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

Just a wild stab in the dark but he's probably referring to the ones everybody was talking about on here. If you don't want to believe Pie & Bovril then you will never find out. 

So nothing actually confirmed as to who the board spoke to or considered then?

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Interesting that you give him the benefit of the doubt & rightly so, (even though most recently he led Airdrie to play-off collapse against a team they finished 21 points above) yet choose to completely dismiss McPake who did win promotion to the top flight.

To be fair none of the people quoted as being candidates for any of the vacancies inspired me & I would have had reservations if we'd appointed Murray or Petrie etc but like someone says he isn't Hughes or Grant & for that reason I am content.

It’s about expectation though. McPake will have comfortable had the second largest budget when he finished (just) second. Murray kept a team who had no real right to be in the Championship in the Championship and built up Airdrie into a decent side.

If you had reservations over Murray or Petrie then who would have actually inspired you? Petrie would have been a sensational appointment, I can’t think of any realistic appointments that would have been a better candidate than him. Though I think if he wanted to actually be Dunfermline manager he would have been by now.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

So nothing actually confirmed as to who the board spoke to or considered then?

Correct. Which is weird as normally when a club appoints a manager the second thing they do is reel off a list of every c**t they actually wanted together with every other c**t they interviewed but didn't want. 

Are you new to this?

Really? "Sensational"? I know you Raith fans like a headline but that's taken it a bit far, no?

Who would have been a better realistic candidate? Who would have inspired you?

Petrie has turned a team looking steadfast at the Highland League into a team knocking on the door of the Championship. That’s a fantastic achievement.

Usual warm welcome from the Pars family 😂

You can't blame us, can you? We've been served absolute dross the past few seasons from the board. Can see us doing a Falkirk and staying in this guff league for a good few years.

Just now, Enigma said:

Who would have been a better realistic candidate? Who would have inspired you?

Petrie has turned a team looking steadfast at the Highland League into a team knocking on the door of the Championship. That’s a fantastic achievement.

Maybe I've just been "Yogi-d" but I just can't get enthusiastic. The worry with Petrie would be if/when it went t1ts up, the thought of seeing folk abusing him as he trudged toward the Norrie (like what happened to Crawford) just filled me with dread.

McPake might turn out to be a dud but he might not. There's not to many guaranteed successes out there waiting to sign for the Pars.

From the outside looking in, this seasons Premiership was rammed with absolutely pish teams, and the Dundee squad he assembled were comfortably the worst.

The only thing you’d say is in his support that it was his first job in management, and maybe he’s learnt from some of his many mistakes. But there’s, as yet, no evidence of that.

Does he still have that court case hanging over him? 

Maybe I've just been "Yogi-d" but I just can't get enthusiastic. The worry with Petrie would be if/when it went t1ts up, the thought of seeing folk abusing him as he trudged toward the Norrie (like what happened to Crawford) just filled me with dread.

McPake might turn out to be a dud but he might not. There's not to many guaranteed successes out there waiting to sign for the Pars.

I’m still interested to hear what potential candidate would have actually inspired you.

21 minutes ago, Enigma said:

While he’s not “won” anything he’s got 10 years of experience in management at an age most managers are just starting out. He saved a Dumbarton team which looked destined for the drop when he first came in and kept them in the Championship, which is an achievement in itself. He’s slowly built up a pretty rank Airdrie side into a decent football side who went on a fairly remarkable run, finished above QP and Falkirk who’d have both had far bigger budgets.

Maybe he’ll do well here, maybe he won’t, but I’m happy with his credentials.

No mention of St Mirren I see..........