Dog Kills Man

The current law bans "pitbulls" which aren't a recognised breed. 

If your dog isn't a Bully XL but somehow meets the definition, then it's probably the Keymaster or the Gatekeeper and should also be banned. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/69263/dogs-guide-enforcers.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjxpvGY9qGBAxUHXUEAHcOFBqoQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw01_EdafP07j4VbFX_Svozs

I honestly don’t get why people have Bulldogs as pets, what do they offer as a pet that another more normal dog doesn’t? There are plenty of dogs with lots of energy that could run all day if that’s what you’re after, but they could also be normal pets that would sit up on the couch with you at night or play with the kids. I have a spaniel and if he attacked someone (he wouldn’t he’s old and lazy as f**k) I would be absolutely mortified, but it would be completely out of character and he’d do much less damage cause he’d be easier to fight off. 

Also seem someone on Twitter go on a rant about how great her bully is, it was called Rebel which just sums up the stereotypical owner. 

57 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It doesn't feel right agreeing with Braverman on something.

Console yourself with the knowledge that until someone shoved that video in front of her and demanded an answer to a question, she probably thought  “American Bully” was some big budget Yank remake of a British TV classic.

ETA: Her response is standard vote chasing, reactionary shite. Even if in this case it probably is the right thing to do.

Edited by Ross.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

The current law bans "pitbulls" which aren't a recognised breed. 

If your dog isn't a Bully XL but somehow meets the definition, then it's probably the Keymaster or the Gatekeeper and should also be banned. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/69263/dogs-guide-enforcers.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjxpvGY9qGBAxUHXUEAHcOFBqoQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw01_EdafP07j4VbFX_Svozs

Bit harsh on Moranis and Weaver IMO.

Well, Weaver anyway.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It doesn't feel right agreeing with Braverman on something.

It sums up the current government that it seems like a viral video of some people being bitten is going to do more than the literal deaths of several children.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Also seem someone on Twitter go on a rant about how great her bully is, it was called Rebel which just sums up the stereotypical owner. 

These people are blind and will insist their dog is tame, would never hurt anyone etc. They will comprehensively ignore any evidence presented that the breed is dangerous and will double down on the "it's the owner" nonsense. 

It's back in the post that started this thread, but nothing quite sums up these people like this: 

Anyone who has come into contact with Cookie knows how much of a big fat head play boy he is. He's not aggressive in the slightest. Just thinks he's still a small pup and bounces around rather than walk.

The "big fat head play boy" who is "not aggressive in the slightest" killed the woman's father-in-law. These people are morons. 

Bit of history of the Dogo Argentino, one of the four currently banned breeds of dog.  It was bred from a dog that went extinct, partialyl because it was so aggressive that rather than mating it would rather fight dogs of the opposite sex to death.

Worth noting that the RSPCA would like to legalise ownership of these animals as they oppose all 'breed specific legislation'.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

Kier Starmer tells media there is a “strong case” for banning the XL Bully. I’d imagine a ban is incoming. 

Glad to see our nations leading politicians catch up with a bunch of idiots on the non-football section of a Scottish football website. 

Awful, awful dogs - I welcome a ban. There is absolutely no need to own dogs like these. Owners trying to pass them off as “lovable, cuddly goofballs” - idiots. Why don’t you get a lovable, cuddly goofball of a dog that isn’t a 100% muscle killing machine, countless other breeds to pick from. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/11/mother-of-boy-killed-by-out-of-control-dog-criticises-uk-ministers-for-failing-to-act

"Emma Whitfield, whose son Jack Lis was fatally wounded two years ago, criticised Suella Braverman, the home secretary, after she said she had commissioned “urgent advice” on outlawing the dogs after an attack on an 11-year-old girl in Birmingham was filmed and posted on social media.

Writing on X, previously known as Twitter, Whitfield said: “It’s crazy how this video has gone viral and now politicians are coming out of the woodwork saying how bad it is."

“Where were you when my son was killed? Where were you when other innocent people were killed? Where were you when I was at parliament asking for change? Nowhere.

“If you’re going to do something, please do it. Stop pussyfooting around the ‘breed neutral’ bull crap and do something.”

22 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Bit of history of the Dogo Argentino, one of the four currently banned breeds of dog.  It was bred from a dog that went extinct, partialyl because it was so aggressive that rather than mating it would rather fight dogs of the opposite sex to death.

Worth noting that the RSPCA would like to legalise ownership of these animals as they oppose all 'breed specific legislation'.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

I went to school with a lad who'd never owned a dog in his life and was desperate to get one of these. He also wanted to join the Paras and ended up as a Holiday Rep for most of his 20s so not the brightest 

16 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Awful, awful dogs - I welcome a ban. There is absolutely no need to own dogs like these. Owners trying to pass them off as “lovable, cuddly goofballs” - idiots. Why don’t you get a lovable, cuddly goofball of a dog that isn’t a 100% muscle killing machine, countless other breeds to pick from. 

Aye, my parents dog was killed by a Bully XL in February or so. Obviously horrible for the dog but both of them have struggled really badly for months since. Thinking of the damage one could do to a person, and the psychological damage that can do to a whole family, is absolutely horrible. All for arseholes to get dogs that look cool disgusting