Dog Kills Man

Says it all that the owners would rather give the dogs up than get them neutered and pay £98 to register them. Plenty dogs are muzzled for walking, and it only cost about £6 to hire an enclosed field for half an hour to let them have a proper run around.

I'm willing to bet most of them aren't chipped or up to date with vaccinations as well.

3 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Says it all that the owners would rather give the dogs up than get them neutered and pay £98 to register them. Plenty dogs are muzzled for walking, and it only cost about £6 to hire an enclosed field for half an hour to let them have a proper run around.

I'm willing to bet most of them aren't chipped or up to date with vaccinations as well.

What vaccinations do you need? 

You mean the dugs don't you?

AI beat me to it!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

41 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Was wondering the same, no one seems to bat an eye when they see greyhounds being walked on a lead while muzzled.

Surely if you had any sort of love for your dog you'd simply comply with the regs rather than give it up to god knows who from f**k knows where.

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

I'm with you on most of your post and the chip thing (given its the law) but there is zero requirement to be up to date with vaccinations. The World Small Animal Veterinary Association recommend every three years for core vaccinations despite the vets saying its an annual thing. I have two adult dogs (5 & 8) who haven't been boosted since having puppy vaccs. An annual blood test confirms they still have acceptable antibody levels and that's accepted by pet insurance companies etc. 

Edited by Futureboy

23 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

I'm with you on most of your post and the chip thing (given its the law) but there is zero requirement to be up to date with vaccinations. The World Small Animal Veterinary Association recommend every three years for core vaccinations despite the vets saying its an annual thing. I have two adult dogs (5 & 8) who haven't been boosted since having puppy vaccs. An annual blood test confirms they still have acceptable antibody levels and that's accepted by pet insurance companies etc. 

Do you think said owners would bother with blood tests?

8 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Do you think said owners would bother with blood tests?

I have no idea one way or another. The whole "up to date" thing just sticks in my craw as the vets are making up rules that go against their own associations guidelines and could be prevented with a simple test. Anyway, I won't derail the thread any further 👍

2 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Was wondering the same, no one seems to bat an eye when they see greyhounds being walked on a lead while muzzled.

Surely if you had any sort of love for your dog you'd simply comply with the regs rather than give it up to god knows who from f**k knows where.

I don’t know anything about greyhounds but you do see a fes of them with muzzles.  Why is that?

Just now, Left Back said:

I don’t know anything about greyhounds but you do see a fes of them with muzzles.  Why is that?

You wouldn't want to see what they'd do to an animal they caught!

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

8 minutes ago, RH33 said:

You wouldn't want to see what they'd do to an animal they caught!

What RH33 says, their drive to chase and kill small animals (not necessarily limited to squirrels and bunnies) is insanely high. The ones that have been used for racing are trained to chase a lure that is meant to resemble a rabbit.

Someone near us got their Yorkshire terrier back in a few pieces after it ran up to a pair of them that were being walked on a lead but weren't muzzled.

Edited by Rizzo

19 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Volunteer drives hundreds of miles to rehome bully XLs in Scotland - BBC News

Man drives 33 XL Bullys to Scotland after ban

A dog lover has been driving to Scotland to rehome American bully XLs. Sammy Wilkinson has taken 33 dogs to Scotland so far, as tighter laws on their ownership were introduced on 31 December in England and Wales. The laws have not been introduced in Scotland.

Mr Wilkinson, from Tipton, West Midlands, said he had been inundated with owners needing help and is making another trip on Friday. He said he was passionate about helping dogs that might otherwise be abandoned.

Mr Wilkinson said he was seeing some owners who bought bully XL dogs during Covid lockdowns, when they became what he called "a status dog", and were now giving them up. "A lot of owners have been irresponsible, in taking these dogs on in the first place," he said.

Great, so this guy is carting these potential killing machines up to Scotland knowing full well that many of them have been looked after up until now by "irresponsible owners." Then they'll no doubt get rehomed to more irresponsible owners. Not sure why the Scottish Government is not following suit with the UK Gov on this one, how many attacks by these monsters will it take for the penny to drop?

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I suppose it’s quite impressive that a dog can write a poem but it’s not very good is it? 

Reminds me of the old joke.

A man responds to an advert, a talking dog for sale.

He's shown to a pen, where the dog introduces himself and describes his military service, detecting land mines.

He approaches the owner and asks why he'd sell a dog like that.

The owner tells him the dog is a fucking liar and has never been out the street.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Great, so this guy is carting these potential killing machines up to Scotland knowing full well that many of them have been looked after up until now by "irresponsible owners." Then they'll no doubt get rehomed to more irresponsible owners. Not sure why the Scottish Government is not following suit with the UK Gov on this one, how many attacks by these monsters will it take for the penny to drop?

Aren't you the same person who wants to 'rewild' Scotland with wolves

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Aren't you the same person who wants to 'rewild' Scotland with wolves

In Europe, farmers have started using livestock protection dogs where wolves have been reintroduced. We can look forward to the underclass aspiring to one of these darlings. Turkish Kangal can take bites out of wolves.

OIP.jpeg

Edited by Sergeant Wilson