EPL 2022/23

49 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Although Õzil and Aubameyang were both in their 30s by that point

Ozil actually signed in his late 20s, but Aubamayang was in his 30s and Sanchez left when 30 (negotiations probably taking place in his late 20s).

It is very different though, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

Arsenal have a bad record handing out massive high profile deals.

15 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Ozil actually signed in his late 20s, but Aubamayang was in his 30s and Sanchez left when 30 (negotiations probably taking place in his late 20s).

It is very different though, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

Arsenal have a bad record handing out massive high profile deals.

I've checked and Özil signed the extension in February and turned 30 the following October so I was  indeed wrong but, in mitigation, I was only just wrong

Back then the average arsenal team was 26 and a half years old. The current lot are two years younger and are the youngest team in the league (West Ham are the oldest at 28)

If Arsenal are going to make the same mistakes again then it probably won't start happening till 2025

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 20/05/2023 at 19:32, The Master said:

That’s some achievement by Forest. They looked doomed a few months ago. 

To an extent but Cooper knows what he's doing, the fans forced the owner to leave him in charge and the home record is European form. They are where they are because the Away record is absolutely dreadful. There was always a chance City Ground would gather enough home points to stay up. Hopefully kick on from here with a more settled squad and less changes this summer.

Bit of a blow for the Barclays for Negalsmann and now Slot the Feyenoord manager publicly turning Spurs down.

Wonder what is hidden behind the scenes that is making them so unappealing.

Whoever they end up with, maybe Ange, will look like their 5th choice or something - very much like Nuno was a few seasons ago.

I wonder if we'll see any changes in Brighton's strategy now with it being a year since Ashworth left to Newcastle. They obviously plan these things well in advance and will have expected a few of their best players to leave, but it'll be interesting to see if it's just a simple continuation. 

Postecoglou simply does not have the charisma for the Barclays. He might be able to bully the Sportsound mob up here, but he will get eaten alive by the Soccer Saturday lads if he tries to push his weight about down there. I would expect a devastating blogpost from Keysey, too. 

I’d like to see Ange leave Celtic and manage in the Barclays.

Preferably he’ll leave in the most devastating manner possible, such as leaving them high and dry the day prior to the season opener, or the day after declaring his undying love and devotion to the club. That will pave the way nicely for the return of old popcorn teeth.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I’d like to see Ange leave Celtic and manage in the Barclays.

Preferably he’ll leave in the most devastating manner possible, such as leaving them high and dry the day prior to the season opener, or the day after declaring his undying love and devotion to the club. That will pave the way nicely for the return of old popcorn teeth.

Then joining West Brom and saying he's  moved to a bigger club.