EPL 2022/23

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

80 million for Mason Mount is precisely why Man U are where they are, and I'm a little surprised to see Ten Hag carry on with thus sort of wild transfer. 

He was key for Tuchel and he's been linked with Klopp's team and Arteta's team. That's good company to be in imo. 

The fee is mental for someone who'll probably pan out like Jesse Lingard (which won't necessarily be terrible, but certainly divisive) but Mount's an obvious case of a player who splits opinion between fans and professionals. 

30 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Reaction seems to be quite positive on spurs forums. I was expecting the usual snobbery about them getting a manager from scottish football, but it does seem to be taken well.

Tbf to him he came in to an absolute shambles at Celtic and did quite well, so with the state Spurs are in atm they could be hoping for a similar scenario. I wonder who he will take from Celtic when he gets the job.

1 minute ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Tottenham need to sell Kane and give Ange time to sort that club out with a fresh start. I hope for his sake Levy backs him, but I just can't see the fans being too patient.

The Director of Football would be responsible for that kind of long term planning

Spurs don't currently have a director of football after Fabio Paratici was forced to resign because of what he'd got up to at Juventus before joining Spurs

DoF is never the one that seems to get the blame though, it's always down to the manager for some reason, rightly or wrongly. And it's because of that clubs like Tottenham and Chelsea seem to go through as many managers as they do.

Chelsea are a bad example though, they are a basket case and have been for years.

6 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Tbf to him he came in to an absolute shambles at Celtic and did quite well, so with the state Spurs are in atm they could be hoping for a similar scenario. I wonder who he will take from Celtic when he gets the job.

If he wants to succeed, I would suggest no one. 

6 hours ago, KD1711 said:

He came to Celtic, spent the most money any Celtic manger has ever done and won the league. 

He absolutely bombed in Europe. 

I can't see it going any other way but sacked in about December but absolutely fair fucks to him for managing it.

12 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

He came to Celtic, spent the most money any Celtic manger has ever done and won the league. 

He absolutely bombed in Europe. 

I can't see it going any other way but sacked in about December but absolutely fair fucks to him for managing it.

He’s quite an entertaining interviewee and gives no time at all to dumb questions.  He’s going to rip the Talksport and red top imbeciles apart, and I’m very much looking forward to that.  

18 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

DoF is never the one that seems to get the blame though, it's always down to the manager for some reason, rightly or wrongly. And it's because of that clubs like Tottenham and Chelsea seem to go through as many managers as they do.

Chelsea are a bad example though, they are a basket case and have been for years.

That’s because nobody actually knows what a director of football does in this country.  

18 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Tottenham need to sell Kane and give Ange time to sort that club out with a fresh start. I hope for his sake Levy backs him, but I just can't see the fans being too patient.

What would they expect to see? Trophies? That's something no spurs manager has delivered for over 10 years.

The amount of money they get for Kane will be a drop in the ocean compared to what they need to get regular CL football.

Edited by sparky88