EPL 2022/23

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

ricew.thumb.png.3c1d85fc307087a44e7ee258df6e7d8d.png

His figures for a team battling relegation are obscene. Theres not a lot he can't do, especially as creative figures will increase in a better side.

Add in hes young, massively experienced, a captain, and English, and its no surprise top EPL clubs are spending £100m on him tbh.

He could control CM for a top 4 side for a decade.

A lesser level but its similar to Celtic spending so much on Scott Brown, you're buying with the idea its 1 signing for a decade rather than 3 in that time.

This is very interesting! 

I’ve never really watched a game he was involved in and truly focused on him but I’m especially surprised by how good he is in terms of progressive passes. I’ll pay a bit more attention next season to back this up!

16 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png released by Chelsea at 14 - such a bizarre attempt at denigrating a player. Chelsea also punted Salah & De Bruyne, it’s hardly the criticism you seem to think it is. 

As for the price, Arsenal will definitely be paying an inflated figure given his nationality (same with Grealish). However, at 24 he has the potential to be a key player for them for the next decade. He’s West Ham’s captain and was their player of the season again this year, and also picked up a European trophy for which UEFA named him the Conference League player of the season. I’m not really one for stats but on your favourite website ‘whoscored.com’ he’s ranked miles above players who have had ‘outstanding’ seasons like John McGinn and Caicedo. He’s also top in the league for various stats as can be seen here - https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12896812/declan-rice-why-west-ham-captain-is-wanted-by-arsenal-manchester-united-and-bayern-munich .

Not bad for a player who has been ‘pretty rubbish’ this season.

It's an article exclusively focused on his positive stats.

If you watch goals West Ham conceded this season you will see plenty of shocking play from Rice (which was also covered on this thread at the time). It was also covered by many how bad a season he was having compared to previous years.

He's not a bad player, just no where worth what they are spending on him.

We will see in time of course. Can see a middling career at Arsenal and them not winning many, if any, trophies personally. But Arteta has a good record of improving players so who knows.

Also Salah and De Bruyne were sold by Chelsea not released, don't think there will be many examples of world class players being released - it will be very unusual.

In fact has any player previously released ever been sold for 100 million?

Edited by Satoshi

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This is very interesting! 

I’ve never really watched a game he was involved in and truly focused on him but I’m especially surprised by how good he is in terms of progressive passes. I’ll pay a bit more attention next season to back this up!

think hes improved his passing a lot in the last few seasons, as its not something i remember seeing from him too much either.

Think its that + being able to carry the ball from deep, that attracts big clubs. They all want a deep midfielder who can "beat the press" just now.

53 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Great news about Tyler but concerned that we'll need to be subjected to Peter Drury as his replacement. 

I mean Drury is probably the best commentator out there so there's that. But he's not a Sky company man, so it'll probably be Bill Leslie or Gary Weaver or someone like that. Can't see them going for a "name" like Tyldesley. As long as it isn't Crocker, would have been a better comment.

So, Sky Sports are revamping their football operation, is it? 

If only there were two broadcasting legends currently plying their trade in Qatar, who know Sky inside out, and who had recently refused to rule out a dramatic return to the UK. 🤔

I'm sure the suits will be too proud to go back and admit their mistakes - they always are - but they should at least be asking the question.

24 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I mean Drury is probably the best commentator out there so there's that. But he's not a Sky company man, so it'll probably be Bill Leslie or Gary Weaver or someone like that. Can't see them going for a "name" like Tyldesley. As long as it isn't Crocker, would have been a better comment.

Rob Hawthorne is the “next in line” based on the games he usually gets. Plus he did the first pick games in the last couple of weeks when Tyler disappeared. 

Assuming they just bump people up, Hawthorne will become the new number 1 commentator, with Bill Leslie as number 2. 

Further down you’ve then got Seb Hutchinson, Daniel Mann, Gary Weaver, Pien Meulensteen and David Stowell. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Rob Hawthorne is the “next in line” based on the games he usually gets. Plus he did the first pick games in the last couple of weeks when Tyler disappeared. 

Assuming they just bump people up, Hawthorne will become the new number 1 commentator, with Bill Leslie as number 2. 

Further down you’ve then got Seb Hutchinson, Daniel Mann, Gary Weaver, Pien Meulensteen and David Stowell. 

Yeah it'll just be promote from within. They rarely do anything else. 

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah it'll just be promote from within. They rarely do anything else. 

They did break the mould when Keys and Gray were punted by parachuting in Ed Chamberlin and Gary Neville instead of promoting David Jones and Alan Smith. 

Although Jones ended up as number 1 anyway in the end. 

Superb stuff from Henry Winter, here. Tweeting about it as if an iconic, long-serving manager like Ferguson or Wenger has stepped down, and then following up with the 'obvious' candidate followed by some nice words for an up-and-coming outsider. Pitch perfect.