EPL 2022/23

Just now, Crow said:

By car 🚘 - it’s generally cheaper and quicker to get a few in a motor.

Or a stopover and a train in the morning. 

I look at some of these huge travelling crowds on a midweek night and often wondered. Think it was something like 5000 off evertonians at Fulham that really got me thinking...

No trains and Hotels/Pub prices in that area alone massively overpriced

Fair play to them all and the Geordies another example at Emirates on Monday night

2 hours ago, Crow said:

By car 🚘 - it’s generally cheaper and quicker to get a few in a motor.

Or a stopover and a train in the morning. 

Get this absolute weirdo to f**k. I thought he'd inexplicably been let back on the site again after his last breakdown if he only stayed in the 'Random' Matches thread. Can't believe he's being allowed to creep into other threads again. FFS.

18 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The way he's going his best option will be to become Mark Noble MKII and stay with West Ham. If he can rediscover his form of last season and kick on then he'll end up at a Man U/Chelsea/Real Madrid

Even at his peak he was never good enough for Real Madrid, he's hardly going to take the place of Valverde, Camavinga or Tchouameni.

Man Utd don't need him either now that Casemiro is there, Chelsea were the long term suitors but it's telling they have already bid more for Enzo Fernandez (14 league appearances in European football) than they ever did for Rice.

Agreed if he keeps current form he'd be as well having a Mark Noble type career.

Wonder who will get sacked first, the no hoper at Southampton or Potter?

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Chelsea doling out 7 year contracts 😂

I don't know enough about this to say for certain, but is it not all to do with amortisation, meaning that their accounts can spread the transfer fee over seven-year instalments rather than five? I remember hearing about something not so long ago that football contracts might be going that way, but like I said, I don't really know how it works. 

On the soccer, that's twice now that Guardiola's started with a variation on that weird setup (the other being the away loss to Liverpool, although that didn't include Rodri's hybrid role) and it's not worked either time, so I must say that I'm buzzing to see him try it once again in the Champions League semi-final against some nonsense side. 

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I don't know enough about this to say for certain, but is it not all to do with amortisation, meaning that their accounts can spread the transfer fee over seven-year instalments rather than five? I remember hearing about something not so long ago that football contracts might be going that way, but like I said, I don't really know how it works. 

On the soccer, that's twice now that Guardiola's started with a variation on that weird setup (the other being the away loss to Liverpool, although that didn't include Rodri's hybrid role) and it's not worked either time, so I must say that I'm buzzing to see him try it once again in the Champions League semi-final against some nonsense side. 

I have recently begun to think that his bizarre "look at me proving how clever I am" team selections will result in an inexplicable dropping of Haaland in a massive game, so i'll be keenly looking out for that one. 

20 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

I look at some of these huge travelling crowds on a midweek night and often wondered. Think it was something like 5000 off evertonians at Fulham that really got me thinking...

No trains and Hotels/Pub prices in that area alone massively overpriced

Fair play to them all and the Geordies another example at Emirates on Monday night

Definitely fair play to them @shawfield shed boy 👍. Guess with London aways it will also be a bit like the central belt up here with a lot of ‘exiles’ picking up spares and taking the chance to see their home town team on their doorstep. 

Edited by Crow

I think this weekend will be a big test of how much united have changed since the start of the season. City absolutely blew them away at the etihad but under Ten Hag they seem to be improving little by little. 
I think ten hag might be the right man, given time. There is every chance they finish top 4 this year and he hasn’t been afraid to drop players like Maguire, ronaldo. 

The Barclays English Premier League isn't there to be understood, such a pursuit would be foolish. There isn't a chance that your ordinary man on the couch such as you or I could even begin to comprehend the complexities behind providing the greatest football league the world has ever seen. It'll make your head hurt. All we can do is drink it in, my friends, drink it in.

Don't think, just drink.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

Joao Felix signing a new contract at Atletico but then joining Chelsea on loan seems a very strange transfer all round. 

Aren't they rinsing The Chels' for about 10 million for the privilege of 5 months worth of Felix?

ETA... Just seen they paid 11 million Euro for the loan, aswell as 100% of his wages, which were boosted to around 250k pw due to the new contract signed at the same time as the loan. A ~16 million Euro, 5 month loan 😂

Edited by Bairnardo
Adding more #Barclays

2 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The Barclays English Premier League isn't there to be understood, such a pursuit would be foolish. There isn't a chance that your ordinary man on the couch such as you or I could even begin to comprehend the complexities behind providing the greatest football league the world has ever seen. It'll make your head hurt. All we can do is drink it in, my friends, drink it in.

Don't think, just drink.

Taking down my live laugh love wall decoration & putting this up instead. Proper inspirational stuff.

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Joao Felix signing a new contract at Atletico but then joining Chelsea on loan seems a very strange transfer all round. 

They want to keep him but Simeone doesn't. It spells the end of his tenure come the seasons end.

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

The worst of it is Felix will have no impact what so ever. He's the most overrated player in the world.

That's very unfair. He's the third best goal/assist contributor in Spain behind only Benzema and Dembele. I actually really like him as a player but 5 months is nowhere near enough time for him.

19 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

They want to keep him but Simeone doesn't. It spells the end of his tenure come the seasons end.

That's very unfair. He's the third best goal/assist contributor in Spain behind only Benzema and Dembele. I actually really like him as a player but 5 months is nowhere near enough time for him.

I don't watch a huge amount of Spanish football but whenever I do watch Atleti in a derby or Europe he just drifts about doing nothing.

I'll trust your word and change my most overrated player to "Trent" or Lukaku.