EPL 2022/23

I have a horrible feeling in my Sportswashed Toon supporting stomach that Leicester will get something against Newcastle. A 1-1 IMHO with Liverpool’s run causing Geordie breek-soiling and nappy-clarting on a massive scale.

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I have a horrible feeling in my Sportswashed Toon supporting stomach that Leicester will get something against Newcastle. A 1-1 IMHO with Liverpool’s run causing Geordie breek-soiling and nappy-clarting on a massive scale.

Was thinking this too. With the remaining fixtures (Newcastle have Brighton, Leicester and Chelsea) I could see the Geordie Arabians drawing their way to the Europa League

12 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

The imminent purge of dead wood at Leicester may involve Vardy looking for a final biggish payday.  Could he be headed for Rangers?  He looks like an identikit of a classic Rangers footballer and seems possessed of all the personal charm and charisma associated  with that club.

He does seem like the kind of player who would take in a season or two with the old firm in the twilight of his career and Celtic are in less need of strikers so Rangers would be the less surprising choice.

However

Last Summer Brendan Rogers put him on £14 million contract for this season and next in a spate of expensive contract extensions for aging heroes that partially explain Leicester's current predicament

So  unless Leicester have a relegation get out clause the chances of anybody else coming up with a more attractive alternative than getting paid £7m for a season where he turns 37 seem slender

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Last Summer Brendan Rogers put him on £14 million contract for this season and next in a spate of expensive contract extensions for aging heroes that partially explain Leicester's current predicament

IMG_1803.thumb.jpeg.fe511d77b30db94990c1ce22550b63fd.jpeg

at least Dick Turpin wore a mask! Couldn’t even hold the obligatory scarf above his head.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He does seem like the kind of player who would take in a season or two with the old firm in the twilight of his career and Celtic are in less need of strikers so Rangers would be the less surprising choice.

However

So  unless Leicester have a relegation get out clause the chances of anybody else coming up with a more attractive alternative than getting paid £7m for a season where he turns 37 seem slender

Jamie Vardy would be a perfect fit at Sevco and I mean that purely on the fact he's an arsehole, nothing to do with football.

Normally, I look at the EPL and hope ‘traditional clubs’ like an Everton, Leeds, Forest, Leicester or West Ham type of club all stay up. Looks impossible for a couple of them not to drop out this time around. Despite their songbook last night, I bet Liverpool fans really want Everton to stay up for the derbies and to get to their superb looking new gaff’. No offence to them then, but for me, hope Everton and Leeds stay up, and Leicester and Forest go down. Based on nothing other than my own selfish EPL-watching wish for next season.

Leicester, to me, look like a club suffering from three things. The loss of their owner in that helicopter crash, the loss of Kasper in goals, and being too trigger-happy with a couple of manager baggings. I’m not sure if the likes of Vardy, Madison, Barnes and Tielemans would have appeared to be so shite / dis-interested / flat, had they stuck by Rogers and not appointed a jobber.

22 minutes ago, Artemis said:

BBC reporting that Gracenote calculate that 37 points guarantees safety. How does that work? If Leeds win their last 2 games, they will be on 37 and could still go down (as could West Ham with a big goal difference swing, although that is unlikely - would need a 3. goal defeat to Leeds and Leicester combined with Leeds beating Spurs by 3). 

Are they saying there is zero chance of Leeds winning both their games combined with Everton getting 6 points and Forest getting 4 points or more? How can there be absolutely no chance of these things happening? 

Table at foot of the page on the link.

BBC sport

I can't speak for Gracenotes but I suspect that might be a rounding error

35 minutes ago, Artemis said:

BBC reporting that Gracenote calculate that 37 points guarantees safety. How does that work? If Leeds win their last 2 games, they will be on 37 and could still go down (as could West Ham with a big goal difference swing, although that is unlikely - would need a 3. goal defeat to Leeds and Leicester combined with Leeds beating Spurs by 3). 

Are they saying there is zero chance of Leeds winning both their games combined with Everton getting 6 points and Forest getting 4 points or more? How can there be absolutely no chance of these things happening? 

Table at foot of the page on the link.

BBC sport

Yeah you're right, overwriting the prediction model I have for SPFL over the season i ran 1000 sims and Forest went down with 37 points 5 times and Leeds once

They might have a smaller number of times relegated and rounded it to zero, as mentioned on previous page 

Edited by Fuctifano