EPL 2022/23

I had a thing for a lassie in my younger years. We went to pick her and her pals up from a pub in a taxi to go to a party and the taxi driver asked 

"What does she look like"

My mate said "Hernan Crespo".

She did a bit, too.

All affection dissipated. Quickly. 

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Man U fans on here will be pleased to know Man U are playing Lyon at Murrayfield on the 19th of July. 

Going for my half and half scarf.

15 hours ago, Molotov said:

I wonder why they chose Edinburgh?

Is that because it’s filled with tourists at that time of year?

Possibly but it’s also going to be because it’s where the biggest ground is
Liverpool vs Napoli sold out Murrayfield in 2019 

If they’re hoping for that then Hampden is too small and if you tried to stage it at one of the other big Glasgow grounds they’d probably insist on being involved 

Also the novelty of having genuine big names come to your city is going to be greater in a city that doesn’t get regular champions league football 

hearts and Barcelona pulled in 57,000 in 2007 but hibs vs Barca got about half that two years later

Which either shows that Barca simply weren’t big Box Office without the famous JTs or that the novelty of these things wears off and you need to wait a while before going back to the well. It’s probably mostly the second one

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

12 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Next time there’s a discussion on here about the managerial talents of Brendan Rodgers that photo should be exhibit A for the prosecution 

Brendan Rodgers is good at coaching but terrible when it comes to recruitment and contracts and such.  No team should ever hire him to be a pure manager, he should be a Head Coach working with a Director of Football

6 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Brendan Rodgers is good at coaching but terrible when it comes to recruitment and contracts and such.  No team should ever hire him to be a pure manager, he should be a Head Coach working with a Director of Football

That looks suspiciously like nuance you’re using there

14 hours ago, Molotov said:

I wonder why they chose Edinburgh?

Is that because it’s filled with tourists at that time of year?

Hopefully no Scottish football fan attends this pish. 

Why do folk get so upset over a friendly like this?  A Raith Rovers fan isn't going to go and all of a sudden decide to stop going to Starks Park.

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Why do folk get so upset over a friendly like this?  A Raith Rovers fan isn't going to go and all of a sudden decide to stop going to Starks Park.

Touring promotion of the Barclays Major Soccer League in our country, hot on the heels of our clueless governing body moving the SC final to accomodate theirs is legitimate cause for annoyance IMO

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Touring promotion of the Barclays Major Soccer League in our country, hot on the heels of our clueless governing body moving the SC final to accomodate theirs is legitimate cause for annoyance IMO

Not disagree about the SC final, that is a riddy, but personally don't see the massive annoyance of the game itself.  If you're not a fan of either team or don't care for the match you won't go.  Sure some folk will be interested in going and seeing certain players/teams they won't see on a regular basis.  Like I said, Man United and Lyon playing a friendly at Murrayfield isn't going to steal fans away from clubs up here or stop them going along to support their clubs.

On 15/05/2023 at 21:48, pozbaird said:

Never been so glad to see a Liverpool goal. The Trent strike stopped that fcuking Roberto Firmino song in its tracks.

That sing song has been responsible for some pretty bad hoarseness since 😀

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Don't know why Man United and Luton are playing in Edinburgh of all places. Can they not play at either Manchester or Luton?

To be fair would you want to play in Manchester or Luton?