Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, dolly said:

It’s almost Saturday again and the start of 3 big home games on the trot. Goalie and centre half both suspended for the first one but let’s get right up for it and give us the three points to start with.

Yes, last week we were off the pace a good bit and although 2 up we did not look comfortable.

Possible back four, Jacobs, Hawkins, McCormack, McAulay. Unless Locke is ready

Midfield, Gemmell, Jones, Hamilton, Grant

Front men. Watt & Walker

3 pts needed

Max has brought a thoroughly promising season almost to an end .

Defeat from Auchinleck will finish things for me  .

Think we may have enough not to go down but can’t see us above the bottom 5 for much longer on the basis  of some of the recent matches .

He seems to have no idea what his best team is and that’s his job .

Jack Smith against physical defenders will seldom work .

We got a decent centre forward who we had been crying out for last season , now sitting on bench .

Almost every team we play are more physical than us and we can’t compete .

Ps sending off was a terrible decision , but might have been a penalty just before .

For all the play we had in the 1st half we were shot shy, we have to take an extra pass. Jones & Hamilton were a liability in the midfield couldn’t string two passes together and continually gave the ball away. Missing another penalty is costly a player sent of in mysterious circumstances is bad luck, but we don’t do enough to get good luck. We are like a badly made jigsaw ie bits and pieces with no connection.

Max for feck sakes get it sorted there is only so much loyal supporters can take.

I am not a referee but was it a red card offence ?

There's an attempt at goal. Jamie McCormack is about a foot off the line. He sticks his foot out to his side to block it and it comes up off his foot onto his hand and the ball gets cleared.   Accidental ball to hand situation so not even a penalty in my opinion.   

No wonder Jamie was in a rage.

46 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Max has brought a thoroughly promising season almost to an end .

Defeat from Auchinleck will finish things for me  .

Think we may have enough not to go down but can’t see us above the bottom 5 for much longer on the basis  of some of the recent matches .

He seems to have no idea what his best team is and that’s his job .

Jack Smith against physical defenders will seldom work .

We got a decent centre forward who we had been crying out for last season , now sitting on bench .

Almost every team we play are more physical than us and we can’t compete .

Ps sending off was a terrible decision , but might have been a penalty just before .

It might come a week sooner as the way we're playing I hope we don't underestimate Thorniewood.

Get Dan on to at least work the Gala CHs and try to hold the ball up. They were tall but they looked quite young and he could have used his experience against them. When one of your available CHs get sent off and Dev has to cover, it says it all about our options at that position. Todd was suspended but we should have a defender on the bench who can play CH if there's an injury or dismissal and that's on Christie who has been backed by the club in his recruitment. Where's Dylan Coll? Is Carstairs even still on the books?

Everyone around me could see that Smith should have come off sooner and fresh legs put on especially after Jamie was sent off.

Players have to take some of the blame but someone needs to tell Christie that shouting 'Hey, come on' every 5 minutes isn't going to cut it tactically in the Lowland League and his pal Little seems incapable of providing any useful input either.

Missed a penalty again.   

Jamie McCormack gets a red card again.

Poor ball retention again.

Trying to walk the ball into the net again.

Hard work just now watching the BU's ..........but there's a team of players there capable of getting positive results...........just need some good performances and maybe some good luck.