Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

19 hours ago, boheesian said:

Think it’s 4 in a row penalty misses - not acceptable.

That had to be seen as deliberate to get a red card - surely will be appealed

Next two comments down to Management team - do we get rid of a third of the way through the league season and if we did who’s available?

Something has got to give as it’s not a good watch recently.

Zander scored a pen v Shire 

On 08/10/2022 at 23:37, Dead said:

You're a star for trying to clarify this. It is a mystery to probably all fans.

I track all my clubs card stats and never get it right in guessing whether a player will miss a match of not.  I really wish it was up there/set in stone for all to see. That said, personally I would prefer a system where a player could work off cumlative card points by good behaviour in subsequent matches.

It’s not a mystery you just go on the SFA site and read the Judicial Panel Protocol - for example the 2 game bans are for A1 to A3 offences and one for A4 to A6

A1 Serious foul play
A2 Violent conduct
A3 Biting or spitting at someone
A4 Denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity as defined by law 12
A5 Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
A6 Receiving a second caution in the same match

Pennelton Percy,

There's a "Footy Adventures" video of the recent Open Goal Broomhill v Caley Braves game on YouTube.  It's filmed from the main stand and there's a few shots of the crowd to his side.   I would confidently say the crowd was certainly over 500 and you are not seeing the fans to his left.          

Well worth checking out Sam North on his Footy Adventures. An enthusiastic presenter filming his trips to football grounds at all levels of the game - Wishaw to Dortmund.   A good watch for Fitbaw fans.   

10 hours ago, Pennelton Percy said:
10 hours ago, lithgierose said:
Must be bad emoji23.png
Screenshot_20221010-200812_Messenger.thumb.jpg.a35e0fb7478ffc3fcae8e1ba66c36da4.jpg

If that is saying there were over 800 people waching Broomhill play Caledonian I don't believe it.

The Open Goal podcast has a huge following amongst a certain age demographic hence the young team showing up when we played them at Bo’ness, their surge in attendances and the sp££d of the improvement in their squad. They have also been filming a documentary this season about their ventures with Broomhill. The first couple of episodes are available on the Open Goal YouTube channel. I would imagine the sudden jump in numbers at their home games is down to young team hoping to be seen or heard on Open Goal. 

Personally I think their podcast is garbage and full of pish “patter”. However I did find it amusing on the pod after we played them talking about the abuse they got at Bo’ness including someone telling Paul Slane “Yer maws a mattress!” 

I don't think the BU's announced the move.   His move was on the Transfermarket website.  Looks like it was from 24/9/22 until end December 2022.  Dylan Coll was playing as a number 2 today for Kilbirnie Ladeside.    
Dylan Coll will return in early January ..............by coincidence that is when Lennon Walker heads back to Falkirk.
I didn't arrive today until 2:55 but I heard that Nicky Locke was involved in the warm up so hopefully we will see him coming on from the bench in 3 or 4 weeks time.
Agree it was daft having Dev at CH when McCormack was sent off.   Michael Gemmell should have been moved to CH and they should have left Dev at fullback.

I fully expected us to win comfortably on Saturday and we should have been goals up at h/t. Our record at penalties is awful. The red card / penalty changed the game, but our attacking midfielders were non existent and we started hitting long balls which just kept coming back. I thought that I cried out for Watt to come on to win some headers and hold the ball up which wasn’t happening. Miller and Smith are nowhere near ready to cause teams problems so that’s another dilemma for Max to sort out. We need to get things turned around and quickly

On 12/10/2022 at 12:38, dolly said:

I fully expected us to win comfortably on Saturday and we should have been goals up at h/t. Our record at penalties is awful. The red card / penalty changed the game, but our attacking midfielders were non existent and we started hitting long balls which just kept coming back. I thought that I cried out for Watt to come on to win some headers and hold the ball up which wasn’t happening. Miller and Smith are nowhere near ready to cause teams problems so that’s another dilemma for Max to sort out. We need to get things turned around and quickly

Our attacking midfielders have been well off the pace in recent matches. We’re trying walk the ball into the net - which is a common complaint by many on here - instead of having a shot. 
I hate to say this but apart from Gemmell the rest of the midfield are not strong enough. I quote from one comment “Jones one of the best prospects since Scott Pittman” not in the same class but a decent player. A couple of Andy Shirra types are what we crying out for.

On 12/10/2022 at 12:38, dolly said:

Our attacking midfielders have been well off the pace in recent matches. We’re trying walk the ball into the net - which is a common complaint by many on here - instead of having a shot. 
I hate to say this but apart from Gemmell the rest of the midfield are not strong enough. I quote from one comment “Jones one of the best prospects since Scott Pittman” not in the same class but a decent player. A couple of Andy Shirra types are what we crying out for.