Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

I'm sure your Auntie has bigger bollocks than you mate 🙄 .

Did you ever get answers to the statements/ questions in your previous posts? 

All I meant was if things were done differently with this decent squad,  it should have been Bo'ness in the next round

Still depressed after Saturday but starting to get so used to this. When we have really needed to win and dig in to get it when was the last time we managed it. Seems a long time ago when we were able to do this. It’s a results business and we are absolutely hopeless at getting one. That 6-0 win over the shire the only bright spark for months but closer inspection where they are shows any optimism was misplaced. Something had to happen soon as our season is ending up the same as last season 

6 hours ago, Bu bri said:

Still depressed after Saturday but starting to get so used to this. When we have really needed to win and dig in to get it when was the last time we managed it. Seems a long time ago when we were able to do this. It’s a results business and we are absolutely hopeless at getting one. That 6-0 win over the shire the only bright spark for months but closer inspection where they are shows any optimism was misplaced. Something had to happen soon as our season is ending up the same as last season 

I challenge any supporter or committee member to come on here and say the line up was what they expected .

Anyone I spoke to was completely dismayed at the line up .

Only one man can take the blame and his error of judgment ( not for the first time ) could have potentially cost our club a lot of revenue .

Once again , we are in a poor position .

The managers glory days of the EoS have just not been replicated in the lowland league … fact .

2 hours ago, seenitall said:

I challenge any supporter or committee member to come on here and say the line up was what they expected .

There's various combinations for the back 4 and the fans will all have their own opinions on the best 4.  For me Keir McCauley has been in good form and if fit should have started.....also Jamie McCormack would have been more of a threat at right back rather than centrehalf.

Some may say Hughes and Gemmell as a defensive 2 was maybe too defensive.  Against a team like Talbot you can maybe accept why the manager put them on.

Stevenson and Walker should definitely start every game so no complaints from me on their inclusion.

Really poor decision by Max to start with Zander Miller and Jack Smith in such a competitive and important match.  Due to their return after very serious injuries they are unable to get torn in and the Talbot defence were unchallenged for 90% of the loose balls by either player.  

Edited by Deanburn Dave
changed "complaints" to "no complaints" !!

41 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

There's various combinations for the back 4 and the fans will all have their own opinions on the best 4.  For me Keir McCauley has been in good form and if fit should have started.....also Jamie McCormack would have been more of a threat at right back rather than centrehalf.

Some may say Hughes and Gemmell as a defensive 2 was maybe too defensive.  Against a team like Talbot you can maybe accept why the manager put them on.

Stevenson and Walker should definitely start every game so complaints from me on their inclusion.

Really poor decision by Max to start with Zander Miller and Jack Smith in such a competitive and important match.  Due to their return after very serious injuries they are unable to get torn in and the Talbot defence were unchallenged for 90% of the loose balls by either player.  

The back 4 was the least of our worries on Saturday. Defence was the only area of our team where for the most part the line up worked, albeit Devon is sound defensively at left back but favours his right foot and isn’t the strongest going forward so didn’t work well with Walker ahead of him. In front of the defence there was far too big a gap between centre midfield and the strikers. Despite Gemmell recognising this and trying to get forward, ultimately it’s not his game and we were often forced to go long to two strikers just back from long lay offs who didn’t work well together and got absolutely bossed by the Talbot centre backs. The line up first half with Walker left and Stevenson right also took them out the game and negated everything they’ve been good at this season and limited them to trying to go down the line which didn’t happen and they’d have been putting crosses in to two strikers winning nothing in the air and getting completely owned by the Talbot defenders. 

So alas, it’s finally got to that point where I have to admit - In Max I no longer trust!

8 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Any suggestions for a new manager if required?

I just don't see the committee sacking Max.     

An absolute humping at Linlithgow or v Penicuik in the cups may reluctantly push them into that decision but they appear to accept that our mediocre record in the Lowland League is acceptable.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I just don't see the committee sacking Max.     

An absolute humping at Linlithgow or v Penicuik in the cups may reluctantly push them into that decision but they appear to accept that our mediocre record in the Lowland League is acceptable.

Neither do I.