Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

YirTea'sOot,

Dylan Coll played for Kilbirnie Ladeside today.   Understand that's on loan.

Thanks Dave.

Must be out the loop as that move passed me by so I don't know who instigated it but it was obviously done without having or seeing the need to have a replacement lined up or Nicky Locke being fit enough to step in and play there which regardless of how well he does weakens the team IMO as we need him further forward.

So we basically have 3 recognised CHs and that's assuming you class Hawkins as a CH. As I said previously, all it needs are injuries/sending offs/suspensions and we end up where we did today with Dev playing at CH.

Amateur hour.

And before someone comes on and says 'Well, who's available? Who would you get?' That's not my job.

That's what Christie and his buddy are being paid to do.

I think most BU fans were looking forward to us making a proper challenge for a top 4 finish this season and that is what hurts.

Played 13 league games and we have beaten the teams currently sitting 9th, 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th.    Beating 9th place Caley Braves 0-2 on their patch probably our best result so far this season.

We have only managed 11 points from a potential 24 in our 8 home 8 games.    That is really poor.

The 7 points from a potential 15 away points (5 games) is getting close to an acceptable return if you want to be challenging for a top 6 finish.

I am hoping that in the cup games over the next two weekends the BU players all hit top level performance levels and we progress in the 2 cups.

11 minutes ago, YirTea'sOot said:

Thanks Dave.

Must be out the loop as that move passed me by so I don't know who instigated it but it was obviously done without having or seeing the need to have a replacement lined up or Nicky Locke being fit enough to step in and play there which regardless of how well he does weakens the team IMO as we need him further forward.

So we basically have 3 recognised CHs and that's assuming you class Hawkins as a CH. As I said previously, all it needs are injuries/sending offs/suspensions and we end up where we did today with Dev playing at CH.

Amateur hour.

And before someone comes on and says 'Well, who's available? Who would you get?' That's not my job.

That's what Christie and his buddy are being paid to do.

I don't think the BU's announced the move.   His move was on the Transfermarket website.  Looks like it was from 24/9/22 until end December 2022.  Dylan Coll was playing as a number 2 today for Kilbirnie Ladeside.    

Dylan Coll will return in early January ..............by coincidence that is when Lennon Walker heads back to Falkirk.

I didn't arrive today until 2:55 but I heard that Nicky Locke was involved in the warm up so hopefully we will see him coming on from the bench in 3 or 4 weeks time.

Agree it was daft having Dev at CH when McCormack was sent off.   Michael Gemmell should have been moved to CH and they should have left Dev at fullback.

Todd was missing today because of the red card at Berwick.   

Todd has another league game to miss after 12/10/22 (which will be the trip to Gretna on the 29th October) . Guess this is due to him getting 5 yellow cards.  BOO as Jamie McCormack will also miss this game !!!

Here's my interpretation of how yellow/red cards work in the LL:-

Red Card for Serious Foul play or Violent Conduct-    Miss the next 2 games irrespective of the competition.

Red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity or swearing......or a second yellow card -  1 game ban in the competition the red card is awarded in.

Yellow cards are subject to a "totting up" process.

5 yellows in first 18 LL games = a one game ban that kicks in 14 days after the 5th yellow card.

If you get past the 18 game mark with 4 or less yellows take a bow :)  

The next trigger point for totting up is 10 yellows in 36 games.   10 yellows in 36 games gets you a 2 game LL ban.   15 yellows in 36 games is a 3 game LL ban.    (these also kick in 14 days after the 10th or 15th yellow card).

Todd has another league game to miss after 12/10/22 (which will be the trip to Gretna on the 29th October) . Guess this is due to him getting 5 yellow cards.  BOO as Jamie McCormack will also miss this game !!!

Red Card for Serious Foul play or Violent Conduct-    Miss the next 2 games irrespective of the competition.

Red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity or swearing......or a second yellow card -  1 game ban in the competition the red card is awarded in.

5 yellows in first 18 LL games = a one game ban that kicks in 14 days after the 5th yellow card.

The next trigger point for totting up is 10 yellows in 36 games.   10 yellows in 36 games gets you a 2 game LL ban.   15 yellows in 36 games is a 3 game LL ban.    (these also kick in 14 days after the 10th or 15th yellow card).

You're a star for trying to clarify this. It is a mystery to probably all fans.

I track all my clubs card stats and never get it right in guessing whether a player will miss a match of not.  I really wish it was up there/set in stone for all to see. That said, personally I would prefer a system where a player could work off cumlative card points by good behaviour in subsequent matches.

Dave. With this post you have taken football “geekishness” to a new level.

If it hadn’t been for a good start 13 points out of 15 , we would be relegation fodder at the moment .

I don’t think any of us expected to win the league but compete yes .

5 pts now from 24 is very poor .

Max used to change the team around to great effect but that hasn’t  really happened for a while now .

Unless there is a dramatic change we will be skirting around the lower part of league .

Think I’m correct in saying the Shire have won more points than us in the last 8 games and they only won their first match yesterday so that highlights how bad things are .

Did we not soldier on last season ?

Should we just do the same again ?

Pretty sure there would be applicants .

Start of the season we were playing 4-2-3-1 with Big Dan holding it up and the attacking midfielders playing off him.  It was effective and created chances.   Alasson, Walker and Stevenson are quality attacking players and we need to push them up the park.

Since Zander Miller returned we have mainly been playing 4-4-2 and we have seen far less clear chances per game. Too much space in midfield and we look toothless and vulnerable.  

Max needs to get performances out of these players to save the season.

17 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Missed a penalty again.   

Jamie McCormack gets a red card again.

Poor ball retention again.

Trying to walk the ball into the net again.

Hard work just now watching the BU's ..........but there's a team of players there capable of getting positive results...........just need some good performances and maybe some good luck.

Think it’s 4 in a row penalty misses - not acceptable.

That had to be seen as deliberate to get a red card - surely will be appealed

Next two comments down to Management team - do we get rid of a third of the way through the league season and if we did who’s available?

Something has got to give as it’s not a good watch recently.

Edited by boheesian

22 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Start of the season we were playing 4-2-3-1 with Big Dan holding it up and the attacking midfielders playing off him.  It was effective and created chances.   Alasson, Walker and Stevenson are quality attacking players and we need to push them up the park.

Since Zander Miller returned we have mainly been playing 4-4-2 and we have seen far less clear chances per game. Too much space in midfield and we look toothless and vulnerable.  

Max needs to get performances out of these players to save the season.

Basically what I came on to post. We started the season brilliantly with that formation, those wingers and Dan at centre forward looking like the guy we’d all been crying out for for what seemed like a decade, maybe more. 

My main point. Those early games where we played well and won convincingly - If my memory serves me correctly, I don’t think Max was at those games. Certainly missed a few. Make of that what you will.

The committee at Bo’ness United do a superb job.Without their hard work fundraising etc the club would be in a far worse place.

However I wonder if they regularly question the manager on how the team are performing or is it a case of that’s not our responsibility?

I often wonder how they would go about finding a new manager if required as in recent years I think people have landed in their lap via    external help.

I therefore think that Max Christie will be Bo’ness United manager until he decides he’s had enough.

That may suit some but I don’t think it’s healthy  and can lead to complacency .

Maybe that’s one of the reasons why it’s such a hard watch this season again?

2 minutes ago, Number seven said:

The committee at Bo’ness United do a superb job.Without their hard work fundraising etc the club would be in a far worse place.

However I wonder if they regularly question the manager on how the team are performing or is it a case of that’s not our responsibility?

I often wonder how they would go about finding a new manager if required as in recent years I think people have landed in their lap via    external help.

I therefore think that Max Christie will be Bo’ness United manager until he decides he’s had enough.

That may suit some but I don’t think it’s healthy  and can lead to complacency .

Maybe that’s one of the reasons why it’s such a hard watch this season again?

Fans through the gate will eventually decide if committee can’t .

I accept that committee are probably staying loyal but can’t go on . 

Credibility is diminishing by the match .

Think it’s 4 in a row penalty misses - not acceptable.
That had to be seen as deliberate to get a red card - surely will be appealed
Next two comments down to Management team - do we get rid of a third of the way through the league season and if we did who’s available?
Something has got to give as it’s not a good watch recently.

I make it 5 players have missed penalties this season, Hamilton, Hughes, Jones, Stevenson and Miller, though Miller scored from the rebound. Managements job to fix that.
Who let Coll go on loan without a suitable replacement? Also Management accountability.
Fully agree with YTO, Dan Watt should have been brought on, if fit, to hold up the ball and make chances.
I did enjoy the banter between BU and Gala fans yesterday. Only heard that at home yesterday and against Tranent this season.