Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

George Torres Sanchez is the reserve keeper.......previously listed as Torres....but now as Sanchez

Spanish people list their father's surname then their mother's as their full name, so Torres is probably correct in our way of doing things.

A brave effort from Bo’Ness and a fantastic strike for our goal but we really never got close to adding to it and once Tolbot got the equaliser I think our best chance was gone. Our record with penalties is pretty awful too so it was never going to be. Not a bad crowd today but nothing like I would have expected if we were playing ok. Season basically over apart from the diddy cups. Time to look ahead and a fresh start. That means a new management team for me. He got backed and signed plenty players but we’re not much better than last season. It’s going to be a long winter 

Why did Max start our biggest game of the season with Zander Miller and Jack Smith up front ? Two players who this season have offered almost no physical presence never mind threat. 

It cannot be because Dan Watt is injured.  When he came on he looked fitter than Miller and Smith.

15 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Why did Max start our biggest game of the season with Zander Miller and Jack Smith up front ? Two players who this season have offered almost no physical presence never mind threat. 

It cannot be because Dan Watt is injured.  When he came on he looked fitter than Miller and Smith.

100% agree with this. Delighted to see zander back after a terrible injury but he’s nowhere near back to the level required to face Talbot. 

Jack smith starting through the middle was absolutely  mind boggling. His shirt can go straight back into the bag for next week as he never broke sweat.  Big Dan watt changed the dynamics of the game when he came on as did Jamie Hamilton 

15 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Why indeed ? 
I have said before that Max should have gone last season and but for a brief honeymoon period this season we are still in the same position . 
For a manager to be clueless about his best 11 at this stage of the season is unforgivable .

That brings the season to a competitive end already .

Gates will fall away yet again .

Come on committee , grow the balls to sack the manager .

Thought first half was a midfield battle and I don't remember musa having a save to make.

Great goal by Gemmell. 

Only concern was our front line were not in the game and the ball kept coming back at us.

Was hoping we would bring Dan on at half time but the delay cost us as Talbot had their best spell and eventually scored as we couldn't get up the pitch.

After the goal felt we started to play our game and passed the ball better .

Having a target man to work off helped and both grant and hamilton started playing some nice football. 

Thought we had a great chance with grant shooting over after a great move he started late in extra time.

Musa was unlucky with last penalty as it hit his leg and it squeezed in whilst Lennon walker penalty got tipped on to the post.

Fine margins.

Players put a big effort in today with Jamie Mccormack outstanding especially. 

22 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Think that was a mistake and we could see the difference after he came on

On 15/10/2022 at 20:48, NewtonBU said:

Musa 

McCormack Todd Locke McCauley

Gemmell  Jones

Hamilton

Stevenson     Watt     Walker

This…

On 15/10/2022 at 20:53, Deanburn Dave said:

4-2-3-1 for me.   

1- Musa

2- McCormack

3- MacCauley

4- Todd

5- Locke

6-Gemmell (defensive mid)

7-Stevenson

8-Jacobs  (defensive mid)

9-Watt

10-Hamilton 

11-Walker

And this…

On 15/10/2022 at 21:10, Deanburn Dave said:

In my line up I have included Hamilton.      I would be equally happy with Kyle Johnston in the midfield.

In the Talbot game there should be no place for Ward, Grant, Miller and Smith in the starting line up.  They are not physically up to playing against Talbot.

And this… (tho not sure I’d pick Kyle)

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It’s actually mental that a week ago folk were wishing (as opposed to predicting) what team should start against Talbot, give or take a player, but ultimately coming up with near enough the exact same line up. 

The line up most are saying is our strongest IS our strongest. Seems everyone can see it apart from the manager. It’s near enough the side that started the season strong, banging in goals, playing well and filling the BU support with optimism for the season ahead - Then the manager returned from his holiday. 

Pissed off with that result today. Talbot are still a good side credit where it’s due, but there’s no doubt in my mind that the BU 11 posted above which everyone apart from Max would pick would have bested Talbot over 90 minutes with no need for extra time or penalties.

Edited by 8MileBU

I was at today's game as a neutral.  I think it was an opportunity missed for Bo'ness.

After the perfect start, they were far too passive and allowed Talbot to dominate for an hour. It's all very well clearing your lines and playing balls into the channels, but with no presence or threat up front, as others have mentioned, it only served to concede possession.

It was only in the last 15 minutes that Bo'ness discovered that they were able to pass the ball on the green stuff and offered a bit more threat.

I thought they finished the stronger side in normal time and edged extra time.

The penalty shoot out came down to the two penalties that the keepers managed to get a touch on.  Leishman got lucky diverting the ball onto the post, while Moussa was unlucky to see the ball creep over the line.  

Jamie McCormack was excellent.

Edited by Footballfirst

Think most people were surprised when they saw the team selection before the game and although we were the better team in the first half, there was nothing up front to add to our lead. The two Talbot centre backs never broke sweat. Totally different when Watt came on and he never gave them a minutes peace after that but why did we wait until Talbot scored before we made the change.
The biggest disappointment is that we could and should have won the game.