Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

4 hours ago, Marten said:

Too much

"There is no denying that the LL is horribly run and a stain on Scottish football. There is no denying that the B-teams devalue the league and that the LL massively disrespects their 3 feeder leagues. And it's pretty obvious that if the bottom teams get replaced by the best teams in the East / West, the league's quality will improve."

Hi Marten, sorry you don't get to say this stuff  without a serious challenge. Firstly please accept that your opinion does not make anything undeniable.  It's your opinion. 

To call a league  a " stain" is a disgrace.  We might not all agree all of the time  but respect please.

The Lowland League has worked closely since the get go with East and South Leagues.  In fact most of the Lowland rules and regulations are based almost entirely on the East original versions. You have no idea of the amount of cooperation that has and still exists.

Now the elephant in the room. The Lowland League showed such disrespect to Tier 6 that they took the lead and all the brickbats to create the West League. If it wasn't for the Lowland League,  there would only still be two feeder Leagues.  Sadly the tone of much of the discussion since then has deteriorated sadly.

Of course any League will improve,  as it should with relegation of weaker teams and promotion with stronger teams. Agree on that.

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Poor side last season 7th 4 places and 11 points in front of yous. :lol:

Glorified public park in front of 3 fans :lol: 

Edit: football is won on the park no its surroundings. 

They're just another well run club who've got stronger on the pitch as the pyramid progresses. 

6 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Your disrespect shown to other teams does you no favours, it’s not as if you are in a position to do so at this moment. CSS are one of the best run clubs in the league.

For clarity I’ve edited my original post as I meant to write “poor crowd” not “poor side” and I wondered how they were funded as they seemed to have next to no support. Their side seems to have come on leaps and bounds this season though so wondered if they’d come into a bit of money and made numerous changes.

1 hour ago, ekok said:

"There is no denying that the LL is horribly run and a stain on Scottish football. There is no denying that the B-teams devalue the league and that the LL massively disrespects their 3 feeder leagues. And it's pretty obvious that if the bottom teams get replaced by the best teams in the East / West, the league's quality will improve."

Hi Marten, sorry you don't get to say this stuff  without a serious challenge. Firstly please accept that your opinion does not make anything undeniable.  It's your opinion. 

To call a league  a " stain" is a disgrace.  We might not all agree all of the time  but respect please.

The Lowland League has worked closely since the get go with East and South Leagues.  In fact most of the Lowland rules and regulations are based almost entirely on the East original versions. You have no idea of the amount of cooperation that has and still exists.

Now the elephant in the room. The Lowland League showed such disrespect to Tier 6 that they took the lead and all the brickbats to create the West League. If it wasn't for the Lowland League,  there would only still be two feeder Leagues.  Sadly the tone of much of the discussion since then has deteriorated sadly.

Of course any League will improve,  as it should with relegation of weaker teams and promotion with stronger teams. Agree on that.

Yes, I do see that league as a "stain" on Scottish football. I still feel it's an absolute disgrace they let in the B-teams. It shows a massive disrespect to the leagues below them. They effectively let themselves be bribed by the OF (and now Hearts). And at least some people fell for the fake "promise" of a pyramid review, obviously nothing will come out of that "pyramid review". These B-teams devalue the league, obviously their ultimate goal is to get into the SPFL. That has to be prevented for the sake of Scottish lower league football. The sooner they're out of the pyramid, the better.

And only 1 relegation spot is also a disgrace and yes, also that shows massive disrespect to the leagues below the LL. It's not an acceptable situation and plenty of (officials from) clubs/leagues at tier 6 rightly feel aggrieved about this. Yes, the Lowland League has definitely done good things for the pyramid and Scottish football in the past and deserve credit for that. But imo, with their unwillingness to create a proper pyramid within non-league & their acceptance of B-teams, they have lost that credit.

As said, I love non-league and I want the pyramid to improve. But imo, in the last 2 years or so the LL has gone in the wrong direction and I don't hold any hopes for the LL to contribute positively again in the near future.

Edited by Marten

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

For clarity I’ve edited my original post as I meant to write “poor crowd” not “poor side” and I wondered how they were funded as they seemed to have next to no support. Their side seems to have come on leaps and bounds this season though so wondered if they’d come into a bit of money and made numerous changes.

Nae bother for a minute I thought you were stooping to Lurker levels there :lol:

On 30/10/2022 at 19:55, Marten said:

Yes, I do see that league as a "stain" on Scottish football. I still feel it's an absolute disgrace they let in the B-teams. It shows a massive disrespect to the leagues below them. They effectively let themselves be bribed by the OF (and now Hearts). And at least some people fell for the fake "promise" of a pyramid review, obviously nothing will come out of that "pyramid review". These B-teams devalue the league, obviously their ultimate goal is to get into the SPFL. That has to be prevented for the sake of Scottish lower league football. The sooner they're out of the pyramid, the better.

And only 1 relegation spot is also a disgrace and yes, also that shows massive disrespect to the leagues below the LL. It's not an acceptable situation and plenty of (officials from) clubs/leagues at tier 6 rightly feel aggrieved about this. Yes, the Lowland League has definitely done good things for the pyramid and Scottish football in the past and deserve credit for that. But imo, with their unwillingness to create a proper pyramid within non-league & their acceptance of B-teams, they have lost that credit.

As said, I love non-league and I want the pyramid to improve. But imo, in the last 2 years or so the LL has gone in the wrong direction and I don't hold any hopes for the LL to contribute positively again in the near future.

I agree wholeheartedly.

While others appear content that clubs in tier 5/6/7 will find their own levels, in time, that is unarguable with the current promotion/relegation arrangements.

However, the question for the office bearers in the various leagues is what is the end result you are looking for? I think that the end result is agreed (all teams will find their own levels), but reaching that end result can be achieved in half the time with just a modicum of flexibility on promotion/relegation now.

Edited by Footballfirst

On 30/10/2022 at 19:40, 8MileBU said:

we have neither loads of cash or funded by outsiders.what we do have though is a hard working and dedicated committee, who managed to as gary to become our manager and have let him reshape the football side of the club as it should be, as for fans its all about what happens on the park. like most clubs fans dont play for a club they support it.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

BU v bottom of the table Dalbeattie Star on Saturday.

With Star having 13 defeats in 15 games I am feeling mildly confident. 

I remember thinking the same thing before a BU v bottom team in December last year 🤔 

28 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Looks like Ryan Stevenson misses the next 3 games:- Dalbeattie, Cowdenbeath and Rangers B.

Big loss as he has shown consistently good form.

Whilst I wasn’t there last week I’m led to believe it was a bit of a stupid red card to get in the final minute of a game which was all but done. 

I can’t agree with you on the consistent comment Dave. In my opinion we have 2/3 players who deliver consistently and Ryan has not been one of them. Hopefully he serves his suspension and comes back fresh and ready for a strong second half of the season