Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

The best team won.  They were bigger, stronger, cleverer and better organised.   A fan said trudging out the ground "it was never a 3 nil game"............ 

Bollocks.  Musa was MOTM with several excellent saves whereas the EK keeper was rarely tested.

BU' s biggest problem is scoring.  You don't win games if you don't score goals.  Last 6 league games has seen the BU score 1 goal ( a penalty).  A truly pathetic return.

We deserve better.

45 minutes ago, BUrambler said:

Not sure what your expecting buddy, lot of people on here think a management change solves our problems

Maybe the current Manager might like to enlighten us as to why he's hanging Nick Locke out to dry at right-back? Not his fault but he got roasted last week by the Celtic B whippets and was left isolated again today.

Ryan Stevenson was playing midfield and swapping them would have been a better option cos our midfield created very little today. Todd, a CH, on the bench when either Jamie or McArthur could have moved and started at right-back.

Absolutely mystifying, even by Christie's clueless standards.

40 minutes ago, YirTea'sOot said:

Maybe the current Manager might like to enlighten us as to why he's hanging Nick Locke out to dry at right-back? Not his fault but he got roasted last week by the Celtic B whippets and was left isolated again today.

Ryan Stevenson was playing midfield and swapping them would have been a better option cos our midfield created very little today. Todd, a CH, on the bench when either Jamie or McArthur could have moved and started at right-back.

I’m not saying max is good enough I just think the players aren’t good enough for what we’re needing.(challenging up the upper end of the table)

3 minutes ago, BUrambler said:
45 minutes ago, YirTea'sOot said:

I’m not saying max is good enough I just think the players aren’t good enough for what we’re needing.(challenging up the upper end of the table)

Who brought the “not good enough “players?

38 minutes ago, John S said:

Another disappointing day at Newtown Park. It can't continue like this. Is that now 4 points from a possible eighteen with only one goal scored? 

Think even the doubters are falling in line with the general views of BU support now , so it’s over to the committee to grow some balls ASAP .

42 minutes ago, John S said:

Another disappointing day at Newtown Park. It can't continue like this. Is that now 4 points from a possible eighteen with only one goal scored? 

Just dropping further and further down the table. I’d give Max needs his jotters and have Ian Little see out the season and see how he does. We started the season on fire without Max present, playing great football, defensively sound and banging in goals. Literally since Max returned it’s been almost consistently pish. The team and the club are going backwards incredibly quickly.

13 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Just dropping further and further down the table. I’d give Max needs his jotters and have Ian Little see out the season and see how he does. We started the season on fire without Max present, playing great football, defensively sound and banging in goals. Literally since Max returned it’s been almost consistently pish. The team and the club are going backwards incredibly quickly.

Disagree.Whole backroom team should leave.

Little is just as much at fault surely?

Would be a lazy decision to give him the job even on a short term basis.

Plenty candidates out there as long as you know where to look.

1 hour ago, John S said:

Those figures alone have the sack written all over it. If this was his first season perhaps a bit more time would be given but he has had three.

Far better managers than him have been sacked for much less.

Bo'ness United deserve much better.

2 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Those figures alone have the sack written all over it. If this was his first season perhaps a bit more time would be given but he has had three.

What's max's day job ?

39 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

What's max's day job ?

I grew up in the same street as Max in Edinburgh, though didn’t know him that well as a couple of years younger than me. 

I still live in the same area and Max runs a financial adviser firm about 5 minutes walk from my house.

For a negotiated price I would be willing to be a proxy for BU fans and demonstrate with placards outside his place of business.

For an additional fee I will periodically open the door to his firm and loudly boo and whistle at Max.

49 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Like who ?