There was a coo

Good to see McNab and Hill turning it on for Cowden , Mcnab though maybe not the best on the ball will keep going the whole game winning tackles and getting from box to box you'll get no less than 100% from him and Hill is as solid as they come maybe not as mobile but a proper no nonsense defender , excellent result and a point on the board at Arbroath gotta be happy with that progress , all the best for the season lads 

For a pre season kick about that was pretty lively last night. I don't think we have ever won a game when Scott Lambie was ref. Enough said. There can't have been many penalty shoot outs where a keeper saves three and the other keeper none and still finishes on the losing side. Saturday was good and this was better, all very encouraging.

2 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

For a pre season kick about that was pretty lively last night. I don't think we have ever won a game when Scott Lambie was ref. Enough said. There can't have been many penalty shoot outs where a keeper saves three and the other keeper none and still finishes on the losing side. Saturday was good and this was better, all very encouraging.

It happened in last season's penalty shootout in the EOS Cup Final between Linlithgow Rose and Gala Fairydean Rovers.  The Lithgae keeper saved three, but watched his team mates hit four penalties over the bar as GFR won 4-3 on pens.

5 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Good to see McNab and Hill turning it on for Cowden , Mcnab though maybe not the best on the ball will keep going the whole game winning tackles and getting from box to box you'll get no less than 100% from him and Hill is as solid as they come maybe not as mobile but a proper no nonsense defender , excellent result and a point on the board at Arbroath gotta be happy with that progress , all the best for the season lads 

Robbie was immense last night. Looks decent on the ball tbf but keeps it simple, wins it and passes.

Will be our captain I’m sure.

Didn’t seem to get a lot of starts at Kelty ?

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Robbie was immense last night. Looks decent on the ball tbf but keeps it simple, wins it and passes.

Will be our captain I’m sure.

Didn’t seem to get a lot of starts at Kelty ?

Had Barjo , Tidser , Cardle Agyeman etc in front but never let us down when called upon , few rash tackles but always steady , best i ever seen him was against us for Broomhill the last game before covid he was absolutely brilliant on the right wing and said I'd take him in a heartbeat , think we signed him the next week 😂😂

6 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Matches that Scott Lambie has reffed involving us....

Elgin 1 v 0 Cowden

Cowden 0 v 3 Annan

Albion 0 v 0 Cowden

Cove 3 v 1 Cowden (Cox sent off)

Cowden 3 v 1 Annan

Annan 1 v 0 Cowden 

Annan 3 v 2 Cowden

Peterhead 1 v 0 Cowden 

Stirling 2 v 1 Cowden (Deas sent off)

Montrose 1 v 1 Cowden

Not quite Colin Hardie levels. How has he reffed so many matches with us and Annan? 😂

8 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Matches that Scott Lambie has reffed involving us....

Elgin 1 v 0 Cowden

Cowden 0 v 3 Annan

Albion 0 v 0 Cowden

Cove 3 v 1 Cowden (Cox sent off)

Cowden 3 v 1 Annan

Annan 1 v 0 Cowden 

Annan 3 v 2 Cowden

Peterhead 1 v 0 Cowden 

Stirling 2 v 1 Cowden (Deas sent off)

Montrose 1 v 1 Cowden

Not quite Colin Hardie levels. How has he reffed so many matches with us and Annan? 😂

It was the lies he told about Cox which angered everyone. He sent him off for allegedly head butting a spectator then when Cove  players and tbf Cove fans came forward to say it didn’t happen, he changed his story to say he violently attacked an ad board 😂 Red card thrown out as surprisingly, violently kicking an ad board is not in the red card criteria, but why not just admit he got it wrong ?

Re Wednesday, even Dick Campbell in his interview saying McLaughlin was never a red card.

It does look like he doesn’t like Cowden. Hope we don’t see too much of him this season.

Was the Deas one where he was last man and he gave a pen tho it was outside the box ?

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Was the Deas one where he was last man and he gave a pen tho it was outside the box ?

From the Stirling Albion website match report:

"Stirling were awarded a penalty when Deas brought down MacDonald and referee Scott Lambie pointed to the spot, although the highlights suggested the contact was just outside the box. Dylan Mackin coolly converted the spot-kick for his fourth goal of the season."

:D 

18 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

From the Stirling Albion website match report:

"Stirling were awarded a penalty when Deas brought down MacDonald and referee Scott Lambie pointed to the spot, although the highlights suggested the contact was just outside the box. Dylan Mackin coolly converted the spot-kick for his fourth goal of the season."

:D 

Still don't know why he allowed so much extra time when there hadn't been any injuries? You'd think he was giving Arbroath more time to score after Cowden were down to nine men.

12 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Had Barjo , Tidser , Cardle Agyeman etc in front but never let us down when called upon , few rash tackles but always steady , best i ever seen him was against us for Broomhill the last game before covid he was absolutely brilliant on the right wing and said I'd take him in a heartbeat , think we signed him the next week 😂😂

I was at that game Kelty got their equaliser right at the death.

BSC deserved a win a decent side back then.

Totally freezing I was thinking at the time what am I doing here😀

Given everything was shut down less that a week later I’m glad I did.

52 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was at that game Kelty got their equaliser right at the death.

BSC deserved a win a decent side back then.

Totally freezing I was thinking at the time what am I doing here😀

Given everything was shut down less that a week later I’m glad I did.

Aye it was Baltic neeb , they missed a penalty as well if I remember correctly but aye glad I went as that was it for a long time 

Didn’t care about the extra point for the penalty shoot out, the performance and draw on the day were the important thing, a fantastic effort from the team.

So quick out the blocks, could have had a couple of goals before Montrose got organised, then they came back into the game strongly.  Both teams had great chances, and both goalies were on great form.

I was sad to see Danny Farrell go, but my, Craig Hepburn is a keeper all right.  Good performances all over the pitch.  Nice to see the players come over to the fans at the end who had been giving good support all afternoon.

Just need to get some of the lapsed fans back, be great to get some sort of publicity drive going to try and get them along to the game, to see this team who are going to have a good season, am sure of it.

Edited by Cowdenleith

Another superb shift from the lads, not looking out of place so far, lets get into these Buddies!

Motm for me would have been the Doc or Heppy! Even though McNab touch was excellent once again, he misplaced a fair few passes. Its key we keep him and Walker for the season. No doubt there will be interest in the near future!

What a pleasant change to come away from a Cowden game, having thoroughly enjoyed the match. Felt the team played incredibly well today and more than matched a team two leagues above.  
Cowden were composed and confident in possession and very solid overall in midfield and defence. Also played some very attractive football at times and there was an energy and pace in the team that I haven’t seen in years. 
I’m looking forward to the season ahead now and I think this can become a team to make us all feel proud to support the club again.