There was a coo

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

At least there is no midweek game so players will get a wee rest after all the recent games against tough opposition. 

Yeah I think that’s a really important point, a week of relative rest, really glad there are no midweek fixtures.

Any idea if Dougie Hill had an injury today or just giving him a breather after a crazy schedule?

14 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah I think that’s a really important point, a week of relative rest, really glad there are no midweek fixtures.

Any idea if Dougie Hill had an injury today or just giving him a breather after a crazy schedule?

Dougie due to be involved but struggling during warm up. Lucas Berry was wearing number 12 so looks like he came in for Robbie McNab in midfield who covered Dougie.

Dougie has a small injury concern but hopeful he will be back for weekend.

Boys have been nothing short of terrific. The league Cup campaign unfortunately took its toll in those last 20 mins or so as the boys were dead on their feet. The way calum wants to play is clearly front foot energy and high pressing that's difficult to do week to week let alone 4 games in 10 days!. 

So close to an unreal 3 points however take the positives and move on to this weekend.

Trying to get another lad in for weekend to help the squad which will be a loan.

Thanks for the great away support. It's a positive place just now for first time in a long time. Let's all keep it going and mucking in. Hopefully good times ahead.

Mon the cowden.

Been away for the league cup games but actually looking forward to getting back to Central Park on Saturday, rather than the dirge it was last season.

Hopefully a good turn out and see a few faces I’ve not seen in a while. 

Kudos to the effort everyone has put in so far, right across the board.

After god knows how many years; maybe football can be enjoyable?

Loving the positive energy and enthusiasm around our club just now.

Looking forward to my first Cowdenbeath game on Saturday since the friendly vs Swift's as been on holiday.

Credit as always to all those working tirelessly behind the scenes to make this happen from Board members, players, coaches and all volunteers. 

Exciting time's to be part of the club just now.

Let's go 

6 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

More clubs than Tiger Woods. Clearly got ability but just bounces around......

He must have a good agent getting that move. Didn't rate him last season Farrell was better.

One of those keepers who spent too much time sitting on the bench rather than playing.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I genuinely can't remember the last time I actually looked forward to a league game at Central Park. 

Big Joe is a hero of mine but I hope his team gets pumped and he is raging.

Big Joe was my personal favourite. Interesting discussion point really. We have had some terrific CBs over the years - Chopper, Innes, a young McGregor, Mango etc. I remain surprised that Joe never got a gig in the premiership. He was quick and his left foot distribution was a joy.

31 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Big Joe was my personal favourite. Interesting discussion point really. We have had some terrific CBs over the years - Chopper, Innes, a young McGregor, Mango etc. I remain surprised that Joe never got a gig in the premiership. He was quick and his left foot distribution was a joy.

Tam O'Brien as well. 

Sandy Hodge on the other hand....

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Question perhaps  for @cowdenbeath or @Cowden Cowboy, is this programme ultra rare for some reason?

He priced it at £100 last night and now down to £75.

If it’s the guy I think it is, a dealer from Kilmarnock, he has always priced his items on the high side, but this seems, wow. 😬

EAE0F1EF-0084-448E-827C-F4837F210679.png

Its mega rare only other one I have seen is mine. I got it in a batch about 20 years ago.

38 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Biggest surprise is Joe was 26 before he got an SFL side, time he did he had a good job so I doubt he would have been interested in being full time.

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its mega rare only other one I have seen is mine. I got it in a batch about 20 years ago.

Interesting, thanks.

I wonder why that was the case (more so than any other from the period), if they hardly printed any for that match for some reason?

Looks like the game was played on the correct date, first weekend in January, so nothing weird there.