There was a coo

42 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Seems pretty unfair to me to make a comment like that about a player who did so much for Cowden. He wasn’t being picked and his strike partner was also strangely dumped as well. When he was played he seemed isolated and had no service or anyone to link up with. All water under the bridge though. Former players always come back to haunt Cowden. From what I’m reading on here Cowden only have themselves to blame for the defeat. Hardly Bucks’s fault for sticking one in the net, 

Not blaming him for anything, he did what he is paid to do which I don’t think he did for us second time around. 
Doesn’t take away he was a great player for us in his first spell at the Club.

14 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yeah. Garrad was a loss when he went off. He is the only player we have who runs at the opposition and beats them. 

Was my man of the match.

I think we now have a good starting line up but the bench isn’t that strong.

We can’t really do without both Garrad and Love imo.

Travelled up from Leeds for this. My first Cowden game of the season. Thought that Cowden played well in parts and looked pretty comfortable until Maurice Ross intervened. Poor substitutions and trying to sit on a 1-0 lead, when they should have gone for the jugular. When we walked round to the clubhouse straight after the game Maurice Ross was by main entrance to the stand moaning to a couple of fans. What he should have been doing was consoling his players in the dressing , admitting he had cocked up. Then popping along to see Donald Findley with his resignation. Great turn out from the Cowden fans. They deserved better than that !

44 minutes ago, Albert Goldthorpe said:

Travelled up from Leeds for this. My first Cowden game of the season. Thought that Cowden played well in parts and looked pretty comfortable until Maurice Ross intervened. Poor substitutions and trying to sit on a 1-0 lead, when they should have gone for the jugular. When we walked round to the clubhouse straight after the game Maurice Ross was by main entrance to the stand moaning to a couple of fans. What he should have been doing was consoling his players in the dressing , admitting he had cocked up. Then popping along to see Donald Findley with his resignation. Great turn out from the Cowden fans. They deserved better than that !

I was one of the fans he was “moaning” to the other was another member of the media team.

Nothing unusual in a manager speaking to the media after a game standard practice.

For what it’s worth he was explaining things like the subs being made which was due to players tiring.

He was as disappointed as the rest of us with the result.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Genuinely find it utterly bizarre you continue to make excuses for him. The worst 80 mins I've ever seen a Berwick side churn out. Five minutes of pressure that you could barely describe as a threat and your arses utterly collapse. No wonder all your ex-players absolutely despise the fans.

Genuinely find it utterly bizarre you continue to make excuses for him. The worst 80 mins I've ever seen a Berwick side churn out. Five minutes of pressure that you could barely describe as a threat and your arses utterly collapse. No wonder all your ex-players absolutely despise the fans.

What a bizarre post “ all your ex players absolutely despise the fans” Not really worthy of a response.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Cowden are very a work in progress having built a team from scratch.

That was a massive disappointment losing from the position, but overall things are on a gradual up.

If that is anywhere near normal Berwick, and your recent results have been pish, I would be much more worried about your team.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

What a bizarre post “ all your ex players absolutely despise the fans” Not really worthy of a response.

See yesterday, when all five ex-Cowden players in the Berwick squad celebrated your demise jubilantly.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Cowden are very a work in progress having built a team from scratch.

That was a massive disappointment losing from the position, but overall things are on a gradual up.

If that is anywhere near normal Berwick, and your recent results have been pish, I would be much more worried about your team.

You can't have it both ways mate. Our results have been pish and we still beat your gang. What a club, what a support. Keep going 'on the up' - I'm loving it!

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

See yesterday, when all five ex-Cowden players in the Berwick squad celebrated your demise jubilantly.

Probably more interested in getting a rare win bonus.

Say's a lot about your recruitment 5 players who hardly set the heather alight during their time with us. Buchs and Stevenson were good in their prime but too old now.

Edited by cowdenbeath

29 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Just in the door from the berwick weekender. Really disappointing way to go and lose that game yesterday was only a matter of time before they scored can’t expect to sit in with 10mins to go. Other than the football berwicks a great place for a piss up😂

Survive Bedrocks then🙂

I don't mind ex players celebrating like that. If they get stick, they are entitled to give it back. JP was enjoying himself after getting plenty of stick. I find it quite funny.

I like Berwick and would love to see us both back in League 2. At least we will have another trip back next season. 

I was surprised at how bad Berwick were though. I was expecting them to be nearer the top before the season started, but they were awful for most of the game yesterday. Jamie Stevenson is not ageing too well. I thought it was Eric Tait making a cameo.

Our main problem is still the attack. We don't offer any real threat and it costs us in the end.  Sinclair should have scored one, maybe two yesterday.

48 minutes ago, PELE said:

I don't mind ex players celebrating like that. If they get stick, they are entitled to give it back. JP was enjoying himself after getting plenty of stick. I find it quite funny.

I like Berwick and would love to see us both back in League 2. At least we will have another trip back next season. 

I was surprised at how bad Berwick were though. I was expecting them to be nearer the top before the season started, but they were awful for most of the game yesterday. Jamie Stevenson is not ageing too well. I thought it was Eric Tait making a cameo.

Our main problem is still the attack. We don't offer any real threat and it costs us in the end.  Sinclair should have scored one, maybe two yesterday.

Totally agree. If you give ex players stick expect it back if they score/team wins. No abuse was aimed at Piper etc, just a bit of banter which he was laughing at.

I also expected so much more from Berwick. They got the points though!

Jamie Stevenson should really think about finishing up. Such a good player that is now struggling.

Sinky had a decent game. Couple of times should really have passed. Good to see that he is always looking to score mind you. He will keep getting better. Still think we are stronger up top with Carlos and Slaven. 

40 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Been at every game, home and away, this season and been trying to trust the process. However, yesterday was very disenchanting. Yesterday just reinforced the notion that the initial recruitment set the club to fail by signing a team of academy dropouts. Some of them are just not good enough to even play at this level in the pyramid. This fault lies with the individual that recruited them.

I think I am going for a prolonged break from the games as it's just heartbreaking to see demise and the potential for more to come. When I'm already financially on my a--e, I'm struggling to see the benefits of making personal sacrifices to fork out the money out to see the club I love, limp and suffer with no sight of resuscitation. It's depressing and haunting to watch.

I take my hat off to fans like you who have been at every game, but mate take a break if you are not finding any enjoyment, especially if finances are tight at the moment.  

You might find that after a couple of weeks break you are itching to get back to see the team. 😁

I get what you are saying that the initial recruitment didn’t work as a whole, why we could not attract some experience when there was supposedly a reasonable budget I don’t know. But, I think the management are beginning to get things right on the player side.

Some of those early signings are doing well enough now though, Martins, Robinson, Armstrong, Gilmartin and Sinclair are very decent players at this level, in my opinion. 

I was gutted at the way we capitulated yesterday but overall it was an ok performance, on the back of much better results recently.

Hope you can get your enthusiasm back.

Think the club can put any spin they like on this and make optimistic noises but this has been another truly shit season. The worst in our entire history it goes without saying. 
Cowden are scrabbling about the bottom reaches of a truly dreadful league. Next year is just going to be even harder. 
Ross speaks well but he is ultimately responsible for terrible recruitment and for our league position. Another in the long line of failed managerial appointments we have witnessed for far too long.