There was a coo

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was there too. After having the better of the first half, Haws couldn't cope with Swifts work rate in the middle of the park and defensively with balls over the top in the 2nd half.

The ground has always been susceptible to becoming waterlogged in the winter months, then very bumpy after it dries out.  Really needs to be dug up and a new base layer and drainage put in place.  It won't happen of course, because of the costs involved.

My thoughts on the game were the same as you, really needed a second goal. Reminded me about us at times😀

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was there too. After having the better of the first half, Haws couldn't cope with Swifts work rate in the middle of the park and defensively with balls over the top in the 2nd half.

The ground has always been susceptible to becoming waterlogged in the winter months, then very bumpy after it dries out.  Really needs to be dug up and a new base layer and drainage put in place.  It won't happen of course, because of the costs involved.

lost control of the game when their midfielder went off injured near the end of 1st half

believe it or not they did that last summer, spent a good chunk on the pitch. hope they kept the receipt mind you

40 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

lost control of the game when their midfielder went off injured near the end of 1st half

believe it or not they did that last summer, spent a good chunk on the pitch. hope they kept the receipt mind you

Aye I never expected Swifts to score never mind 3 times!

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was there last night, Haws were dire by the end sadly relegation written all over them. It is a good wee ground but the pitch certainly wouldn't cope with a groundshare.

It's not looking good for our neighbours. I would like to see the Fife teams avoiding the drop in the EoSP. Oakley well gone 🤣 they'll be replaced by Glenrothes though.

2 decent goals for Swifts!

Hobs cb Dan Baur is a big lad, pretty sure he played against cowden a few years back with Hearts u21 in the cup match in Linlithgow. No winning a header against him.

Think a trip to Crossgates next Tuesday.

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

7 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

It's not looking good for our neighbours. I would like to see the Fife teams avoiding the drop in the EoSP. Oakley well gone though 🤣

2 decent goals for Swifts!

Hobs cb Dan Baur is a big lad, pretty sure he played against cowden a few years back with Hearts u21 in the cup match in Linlithgow. No winning a header against him.

Think a trip to Crossgates next Tuesday.

Aye Dan played against us joined Haws from Linlithgow at the start of the season. I always like the Fife sides to do well hope Haws get out of this mess.

I'm going to Crossgates on Tuesday.

21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye Dan played against us joined Haws from Linlithgow at the start of the season. I always like the Fife sides to do well hope Haws get out of this mess.

I'm going to Crossgates on Tuesday.

Must have not worked for him at the L.Rose, could do with a physical presence like him our defence!

Quite enjoy a groundhop.. Fife cup should have a group stage.. 15 teams in EoS set up, 1 in the Highland pyramid, us LL and 4 in the spfl 🤣.. Ideal for a hop. Will settle for the trip to Cardenden, whenever it's arranged for!

9 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Must have not worked for him at the L.Rose, could do with a physical presence like him our defence!

Quite enjoy a groundhop.. Fife cup should have a group stage.. 15 teams in EoS set up, 1 in the Highland pyramid, us LL and 4 in the spfl 🤣.. Ideal for a hop. Will settle for the trip to Cardenden, whenever it's arranged for!

I like a new ground just need Coldsream, Ormiston, Peebles and Stoneyburn to complete the EOSL.

7 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Took in the Haws / Swifts game last night. First time at Keirs Park and I think it's a great little stadium. A few good players on show.

Cowdenbeath could do with something like that but a seated stand on one side. The secretary said a ground share probably wouldn't happen with them though.

Think I've said it before, but I still reckon it's one of the better scenarios for Cowdenbeath with regards to a new ground. A groundshare and ask the question about some grants for an astro pitch. 

It's a nice ground, enjoyed the game last night. I'll also be at Crossgates next week, someone was telling me today Humbug is getting renovated? 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Think I've said it before, but I still reckon it's one of the better scenarios for Cowdenbeath with regards to a new ground. A groundshare and ask the question about some grants for an astro pitch. 

It's a nice ground, enjoyed the game last night. I'll also be at Crossgates next week, someone was telling me today Humbug is getting renovated? 

There’s a trust that’s been set up for doing up humbug and making it into a bit of a community hub, they have the plans drawn up, site survey etc, but I haven’t heard about the big lump of cash they’re going to need to get to fund it. 

Like to see all Fife teams doing well as good for the area shame HoB are struggling 😂😂still dining out on their Scottish cup win 30 odd  year ago and not moving with the times sorry couldn't resist a wee dig , Cargi still banging in the goals for Glenrothes could probably still do a job for us and Cowden , seriously do hope Haws stay up but Oakley have been brutal this season , seen them only once but ma mates lad plays for them and really not enjoying his time there 

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Like to see all Fife teams doing well as good for the area shame HoB are struggling 😂😂still dining out on their Scottish cup win 30 odd  year ago and not moving with the times sorry couldn't resist a wee dig , Cargi still banging in the goals for Glenrothes could probably still do a job for us and Cowden , seriously do hope Haws stay up but Oakley have been brutal this season , seen them only once but ma mates lad plays for them and really not enjoying his time there 

to be fair need to be a right psycho to enjoy getting beat every week. so not enjoying it would be expected surely

3 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

to be fair need to be a right psycho to enjoy getting beat every week. so not enjoying it would be expected surely

Used to get beat every week when we were 13 playing under 15s league (only one available ) for Kelty Boys Club starting winning stuff when we got older though so take the rough with the smooth , still couldn't get the better of Scallys Cowdenbeath District though always had cracking teams 

41 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Used to get beat every week when we were 13 playing under 15s league (only one available ) for Kelty Boys Club starting winning stuff when we got older though so take the rough with the smooth , still couldn't get the better of Scallys Cowdenbeath District though always had cracking teams 

That's going back a bit!

8 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Which pubs are you going to before the match in Berwick?

Not sure. We get to Berwick about 14.11 hours. Maybe get taxi to ground and have a drink there. They are doing a deal £15 for entry, drink and food. We are in Belushi's just now. Not seen any Brechin fans yet. 

Edited by PELE

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

Not sure. We get to Berwick about 14.11 hours. Maybe get taxi to ground and have a drink there. They are doing a deal £15 for entry, drink and food. We are in Belushi's just now. Not seen any Brechin fans yet. 

That's a cracking deal. Will see you guys at the supporters club. I'm already in Berwick, gonna crawl it to the park.