There was a coo

Ach find Cowdenbeaths voting, and the fan reaction on here dissapointing.

They should be as aware as any fan base about the role a football club has in a community, and how the B teams are a slap in the face of that. I presume that's why they have voted against that in the past. 

The reasons given by the board at that fan meeting are a nonsense, talk of forcing this conference through is a nonsense, it's not happening without the support of the clubs, how on earth was it going to happen before next season? With only 10/11? clubs voting for it, it's pretty obvious other clubs had the gumption to see the empty threats for what they were. 

The reaction of Cowdenbeath fans has also been pretty sad, talks of how good it was having Rangers B through the season, talk of being dissapointed with the vote while doing absolutely nothing to hold there club to account. Expected better. 

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They should be as aware as any fan base about the role a football club has in a community, and how the B teams are a slap in the face of that. I presume that's why they have voted against that in the past. 

The reasons given by the board at that fan meeting are a nonsense, talk of forcing this conference through is a nonsense, it's not happening without the support of the clubs, how on earth was it going to happen before next season? With only 10/11? clubs voting for it, it's pretty obvious other clubs had the gumption to see the empty threats for what they were. 

The reaction of Cowdenbeath fans has also been pretty sad, talks of how good it was having Rangers B through the season, talk of being dissapointed with the vote while doing absolutely nothing to hold there club to account. Expected better. 

You’re a bit late to the party with this, it’s been done to death in this thread and others. You might get a response on the B teams thread still, but even there life has moved on a bit.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Although you only have a second hand perspective on what was said and there is a great deal more to matters than you maybe perceive.  You seem to think that every potential move should be telegraphed for the world to see.  B teams should never have been voted in - genie out the bottle.  We still don’t believe B teams should be included.  B teams for another season isn’t Armageddon though - simply saying certain things can’t happen is a bit like saying Rangers are a new club - the law said they aren’t!  You need to build a united front to get anywhere.  

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Although you only have a second hand perspective on what was said and there is a great deal more to matters than you maybe perceive.  You seem to think that every potential move should be telegraphed for the world to see.  B teams should never have been voted in - genie out the bottle.  We still don’t believe B teams should be included.  B teams for another season isn’t Armageddon though - simply saying certain things can’t happen is a bit like saying Rangers are a new club - the law said they aren’t!  You need to build a united front to get anywhere.  

If you beleive that B teams shouldn't be admitted then you probably shouldn't have voted for them. It's just empty rhetoric otherwise. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

If you beleive that B teams shouldn't be admitted then you probably shouldn't have voted for them. It's just empty rhetoric otherwise. 

No it’s a considered step based on a fuller level of information and a wider perspective both tactical and strategic.  I am sure though you will find that empty rhetoric but ‘just say no’ is a pretty one dimensional approach to a 3-d issue.  Consider for example does the pyramid and the clubs in it outwith the SPFL have a united approach to issues and a real zeal for the pyramid as opposed to what used to be?  SPFL 1 & 2 clubs found there was strength in cooperation by coalescing round a single viewpoint.  

4 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No it’s a considered step based on a fuller level of information and a wider perspective both tactical and strategic.  I am sure though you will find that empty rhetoric but ‘just say no’ is a pretty one dimensional approach to a 3-d issue.  

Oh, it's a total load of nonsense, an utter load of nonsense. 

There's no tactical or strategic thinking here, it's the absolute opposite of that. Do you genuinely beleive a league could be rustled up in 10 weeks? Within the league structure? Christ, you'd be lucky to get that in for next season. 

The "3-d issue" here is that clubs have voted yes for the extra coin, and are either hiding behind the reasons which is cowardly, or (which I'd be even more concerned about) they actually beleive these empty threats. 

What strategic advantage are you getting from letting the B teams in for another year? By letting them become more established at this level? What more can be achieved next summer that can't have been achieved this summer? What level of tactical thinking was involved with that masterstroke? 

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There's no tactical or strategic thinking here, it's the absolute opposite of that. Do you genuinely beleive a league could be rustled up in 10 weeks? Within the league structure? Christ, you'd be lucky to get that in for next season. 

The "3-d issue" here is that clubs have voted yes for the extra coin, and are either hiding behind the reasons which is cowardly, or (which I'd be even more concerned about) they actually beleive these empty threats. 

What strategic advantage are you getting from letting the B teams in for another year? By letting them become more established at this level? What more can be achieved next summer that can't have been achieved this summer? What level of tactical thinking was involved with that masterstroke? 

Ok you have fixed viewpoint so won’t bother with debate - you know all the answers and we all wear white hats or black hats.

13 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Ok you have fixed viewpoint so won’t bother with debate - you know all the answers and we all wear white hats or black hats.

Oh I absolutely have a fixed viewpoint, and it's pretty firmly on there being no B teams. 

It's a shame the Cowdenbeath board weren't a bit more fixed eh? 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Oh I absolutely have a fixed viewpoint, and it's pretty firmly on there being no B teams. 

It's a shame the Cowdenbeath board weren't a bit more fixed eh? 

it’s a shame that others opened the door to them in the first place.  Fixed viewpoints tend to be those of extremists such as the Brexiteers

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It's not just about the money, if they play nice they might just get an invite into the exclusive new shiny conference league! 

13 hours ago, Bollan Ball said:

🎙️ New show

🕴️ We discuss:

🏆 End of season awards

👱 Fan Meeting

📈 Wrapping up the campaign

🤔 Early predictions for 23/24

🤝 Shares appreciated

Listen here: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/the-coo-shed/episodes/Back-in-the-Coo-Shed-e2313p2

Took in the Haws / Swifts game last night. First time at Keirs Park and I think it's a great little stadium. A few good players on show.

Cowdenbeath could do with something like that but a seated stand on one side. The secretary said a ground share probably wouldn't happen with them though.

3 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Took in the Haws / Swifts game last night. First time at Keirs Park and I think it's a great little stadium. A few good players on show.

Cowdenbeath could do with something like that but a seated stand on one side. The secretary said a ground share probably wouldn't happen with them though.

I was there last night, Haws were dire by the end sadly relegation written all over them. It is a good wee ground but the pitch certainly wouldn't cope with a groundshare.

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was there last night, Haws were dire by the end sadly relegation written all over them. It is a good wee ground but the pitch certainly wouldn't cope with a groundshare.

I was there too. After having the better of the first half, Haws couldn't cope with Swifts work rate in the middle of the park and defensively with balls over the top in the 2nd half.

The ground has always been susceptible to becoming waterlogged in the winter months, then very bumpy after it dries out.  Really needs to be dug up and a new base layer and drainage put in place.  It won't happen of course, because of the costs involved.