There was a coo

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The fans of the other clubs (the ones that actually have fans) aren't sitting on here trying to defending the gutlesssness of their own board and trying to blame a big bad outsider. If my club lacked the balls to see an empty threat for what it was and stand up against it, then I'd be raging at them.

Your club has voted for fixtures like Rangers B v Cumbernauld Colts and Hearts B v Gala Fairydean Rovers, I don't see how that's any better?

You mean like those same fixtures last season?  Maybe there is a lot more complexity and nuance involved than your simple to the barricades war cry.  Gutless don’t know but not brainless.  

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The fans of the other clubs (the ones that actually have fans) aren't sitting on here trying to defending the gutlesssness of their own board and trying to blame a big bad outsider. If my club lacked the balls to see an empty threat for what it was and stand up against it, then I'd be raging at them.

Your club has voted for fixtures like Rangers B v Cumbernauld Colts and Hearts B v Gala Fairydean Rovers, I don't see how that's any better?

That’s a ridiculous statement, the fans of the other clubs are not here giving an opinion, as few of the Lowland League clubs fans post in any great numbers.

You or me have no idea what their thoughts are (or if they even care all that much).

Be better off worrying about your own team’s predicament in managing to lose nearly £2 million in the last financial year and not once getting 10k in your stadium this season.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Subject change here…

Maurice ross is the recent guest on the open goal show with kev kyle and si ferry. Great listen and speaks very highly of his time at cowden a man I wish all the best to.

Personally I’d rather not we all know to our cost when he was with us.

Time to move on but I doubt we will forget.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

That’s a ridiculous statement, the fans of the other clubs are not here giving an opinion, as few of the Lowland League clubs fans post in any great numbers.

You or me have no idea what their thoughts are (or if they even care all that much).

Be better off worrying about your own team’s predicament in managing to lose nearly £2 million in the last financial year and not once getting 10k in your stadium this season.

It's not a ridiculous statement, given that it's literally exactly what is happening. If Cumbernauld Colts fans were on here backing their club to the hilt in these circumstances then they would be facing the same derision that Cowdenbeath fans are.

I'm not sure why a club with just over 5,000 season ticket holders and an average home support over the last few seasons of 4-5k would ever be expecting to get 10,000 in our stadium. It's also hardly surprising that we'd see a loss in a season where we were playing in the second tier and which was affected by a lockdown which restricted supporter numbers for part of the season.

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

What makes you so sure it was an empty threat? 

As has already been covered on this thread, it literally wouldn't be possible to do what they were suggesting without the consent of the SPFL, Lowland League and Highland League to change the relegation play-off format.

Yes I know I said I wouldn't post again but hear me out.

Guys think it's time to move on from castigating the coos fans on here. The vote is don

The 'battleground' has moved on. The SFA have shown their hand now; they are prepared to play as dirty as they need to.

Question do the Lowland teams not meet up or communicate with one another, there has been no reports of Lowland Teams meeting together to discuss this 'threat' from the SFA when it was first mooted. Very poor leadership at the least and a head in the sand moment from all clubs.

Something one of the Coos fans said was their decision gave everyone a bit of time to formulate a plan.

Well a message to Lowland and Highland Clubs the time has arrived to work together to ensure the same 'mugging' does not repeat itself next year.

At the moment there is a note of sniggering from the Highland. If this conference abomination comes to pass it will effect you too. 

Yes the Lowland has made mistakes but that has to be put aside and you must from now on work as one to maintain some integrity in our pyramid.

The sniping must stop, leadership is required from someone within these 2 leagues. It's time for the Lowland to grow up and stop acting like a petulant toddler.

With the growth of the East and West pyramids you have a responsibility, like all parents, to make decisions for the benefit and wellbeing of all. 

You are no longer an island.

Feel like I'm back in my union days.

God I miss those, do enjoy a good argument. 

3 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Talking of death spirals , I believe not long ago Morton were officially dead but eventually rose again - does administration,  bankruptcy and cheating on debts mean anything?  Cowden have never been in administration and we are doing all we can to remain solvent, despite particular off-field problems. 

Your memory seems to be failing you, because GMFC were neither officially dead nor bankrupt. 

We are now looking at ways to hand over control of the club to a community trust. I understand Morton is now run by a supporters trust and it would be helpful if real Morton supporters could assist by providing friendly advice and assistance and not the arrogant  patronising shite you love to specialize in.

Not likely after your desperate and inaccurate slurs about our club, and your patronising drivel about 'the real fans'.

Off to the East of Scotland League you go. 

maradona-two.gif.46afe5f461125730f583f811432a30ed.gif

32 minutes ago, virginton said:

Your memory seems to be failing you, because GMFC were neither officially dead nor bankrupt. 

Not likely after your desperate and inaccurate slurs about our club, and your patronising drivel about 'the real fans'.

Off to the East of Scotland League you go. 

maradona-two.gif.46afe5f461125730f583f811432a30ed.gif

Oh dear, I've pissed off virginton again. :thumsup2  I really should know better.

And  I thought Morton was a basket case just like SEVCO  How about unofficially dead or are there still elements of self denial ?

25 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Oh dear, I've pissed off virginton again. :thumsup2  I really should know better.

And  I thought Morton was a basket case just like SEVCO  How about unofficially dead or are there still elements of self denial ?

Jesus, getting trolled by a Morton fan. Epitomising irrelevance since the ‘glory’ days of Benny Rooney and Andy Ritchie. 🤣

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Resigned from Penicuik to join another club too much of a coincidence not to be.

I don’t know very much about him as a manager. No experience at Lowland League level, but has some a bit further down the pyramid. Hmmm.

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t know very much about him as a manager. No experience at Lowland League level, but has some a bit further down the pyramid. Hmmm.

Took Tranent up and was still there early in the season.

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

He took Tranent up to the Lowland League and quit. Not sure why. He then went to Penicuik and they are poorer this season than they were last season.

Edited by PELE

1 minute ago, PELE said:

He took Tranent up to the Lowland League and quit. Not sure why. He then went to Penicuik and they are worse this season than last.

He was only at Penicuik a month or so, can't blame him for their position. Think he was in charge for 6 games, 4 wins a draw and a defeat.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Took Tranent up and was still there early in the season.

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

He took Tranent up to the Lowland League and quit. Not sure why. He then went to Penicuik and they are poorer this season than they were last season.

So he was, I was thinking he was away before the end of last season.  I suppose he did very well in getting Tranent to the Lowland League after winning that play off last season.

3 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Heard the Callum Elliott rumour before and not convinced this would be a good move. Not sure.

Yeah. Not convinced he will be any good, but we can't afford much.

Edited by PELE