There was a coo

20 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Regards the Rodden incident; has it been confirmed exactly why he was sent off? If the alleged turns out to be true, he'll face a lengthy ban and I'd assume the club may fine him?

If it's not true it would also be good to put an unfair allegation to bed. Either way he'll be a loss to us on the park, been an excellent addition.

While I do not condone this sort of (alleged) behaviour in any way, I have seen mention of a 10 game ban, that would seem totally disproportionate to me, and a longer ban than you might receive if you injured someone with a dangerous tackle.

I would also hope the powers that be would take into account the players age, whether he has any previous before slapping any lengthy ban. Some sort of educational course would be much better than a long ban.

I don’t think the club fining the player either would serve any purpose when they get paid relatively little.

20 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

While I do not condone this sort of (alleged) behaviour in any way, I have seen mention of a 10 game ban, that would seem totally disproportionate to me, and a longer ban than you might receive if you injured someone with a dangerous tackle

If you did the same as me and searched something along the lines of 'Scottish Football player banned and homophobia', you probably saw that there's an article on the Times site that starts with the sentence: Seventeen footballers or officials in Scotland's professional leagues have been handed ten-match bans under a new rule designed to stamp out homophobic abuse. That was from May this year.

I think a ban of that length is the least any player/official deserves if found guilty as, along with racist abuse and sectarian shite, there should be no place for it in football and strict punishments delivered to help prevent future instances occuring. Or at least make the perpetrators think twice before opening their daft little gobs!

Let's just hope it's not true

Edited by Drifter

2 hours ago, philpy said:

I'm a raith fan, currently on holiday in keswick. The bar I'm in has this on display.  I'm guessing it was probably commissioned by a local brewery??

20230813_175916.jpg

I had a few cans at one time. Was a Xmas special made by Beath Brewery about 3 years ago.

8 hours ago, therewasacoo said:

Anyone know if hearts B do highlights for their matches?

They always film their games, but don't do highlights packages. They generally only show Hearts goals at most.

I would like to see some incidents again. First the yellow card rather than a red to the keeper in the first couple of minutes, i.e. was it DOGSO? Normally when the keeper is involved it is DOGSO as there is no-one defending the goal, although some referees have a tendency to forget that fact. 

A guy I was with (an ex SPFL asst ref) thinks there may have been an offside in the lead up to the penalty, as the ball into the area deflected off a Hearts defender. I'd also like to see the red card incident again, although I heard some of it from around 15 yards away.

6 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

Finished 5-4 on penalties I’m sure, kind of lost track of them half way through 😂 

good for us to get the win on penalties and progress

Good news. Defence appears a bit frail tonight, wasn’t expecting to ship 4 goals 😬

34 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Good news. Defence appears a bit frail tonight, wasn’t expecting to ship 4 goals 😬

7 changes from Friday’s team with Hill and McLaughlin still missing thus team less settled than normal 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

4 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

7 changes from Friday’s team with Hill and McLaughlin still missing thus team less settled than normal 

Great to get all the lads who have been more on the bench some game time.  Hope Dougie is close to returning and Scott Walker ok.