There was a coo

11 minutes ago, ekok said:

Hi agree with of all your match analysis.  2- 0 at half time was as good as you deserved.  Second half a completely different story. You started brighter,  better and we were sluggish as a result.  

Your first goal from a corner,  can happen,  your second from a free kick was a peach.

We then got a good goal to go 3-2  up and should have seen the game out. Ally had been booked for for moaning about being fouled every single time time he went for a ball. Understandable but wrong. Then he put up high foot, absolutely no intent,  but there you go.

Then we get to the core of this game. EK in years past would have folded. Not this group.  Down to 10 men, how would we react ?

Full time 4-2 EK 

I must admit it's not bad down in Calderglen Park.

Decent wee ground and a nice sports club!

EK are a cut above anyone else we have played. Seemed to have all the answers  first half and I couldn't see a way back for us. Credit to Calum for his substitution and tactical changes at half time, and to the players who really went for it. At 2-2 they were rocking but critically failed to clear our lines and conceded a poor third. We might still have got a draw but referee took over , booking everyone in sight before giving a late penalty. I was a long way from it but it looked a bit dubious. Great entertainment though.

Just now, iateallthepies said:

EK are a cut above anyone else we have played. Seemed to have all the answers  first half and I couldn't see a way back for us. Credit to Calum for his substitution and tactical changes at half time, and to the players who really went for it. At 2-2 they were rocking but critically failed to clear our lines and conceded a poor third. We might still have got a draw but referee took over , booking everyone in sight before giving a late penalty. I was a long way from it but it looked a bit dubious. Great entertainment though.

Agree was an excellent game, the standard of football in this league is top notch,  £8  best value around 

Cowden have had a very tough round of fixtures to start the Campaign. Obviously carrying a good few injuries to key players hasn’t helped but it’s something that has to be coped with. 
EK are probably going to run away with the league as was expected so no shame in losing a tough away fixture. As long as we keep the same philosophy of attacking football and keep the positivity flowing, no complaints from me. 
Lowland League football under the former manager was dire and draining but things look more competitive this year and the overall standard of play I have watched so far has been entertaining. Good to feel a bit of pride in our team again. 

6 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

I must admit it's not bad down in Calderglen Park.

Decent wee ground and a nice sports club!

Neebur you must be joking, of all the grounds in Scotland I’ve been to that is far and the worst match day experience. If the demographic is shifting towards families sitting in glorified sports centres where no one can get any sort of vantage point on the game then count me out. That stuff will kill football.

The game itself (when I could see it) was enjoyable. We are pretty soft, McNab aside, but we try to play football and I can’t fault us for that. The third goal was criminal but it was an individual mistake - it happens. That EK bench are there for themselves, a shower of egotistical gimps. 

I really like watching this Cowden team. f**k the pars

6 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Neebur you must be joking, of all the grounds in Scotland I’ve been to that is far and the worst match day experience. If the demographic is shifting towards families sitting in glorified sports centres where no one can get any sort of vantage point on the game then count me out. That stuff will kill football.

The game itself (when I could see it) was enjoyable. We are pretty soft, McNab aside, but we try to play football and I can’t fault us for that. The third goal was criminal but it was an individual mistake - it happens. That EK bench are there for themselves, a shower of egotistical gimps. 

2544EA7D-0F0E-4823-A093-9CF27F3D3354.jpeg

7186ED8A-3A4C-44B1-81FB-1E13F018B308.jpeg

D20D850B-E541-4E37-9C8F-59F780B3FD88.jpeg

B42649FF-B2F7-4D95-A860-D8803EDF68D4.jpeg

7 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

You have obviously never been at Alliance Park to watch a Calley Braves game or the rebuilt Meadowbank which has a similar stand to EK but with the addition of the running track.

If I was going to have a gripe about K Park it would be there is nothing really near to it apart from the Sports Club bar. I would admit its probably not great standing at the side of the stand but you get a decent view from the seats and the bit of terrace behind the goal looks alright.

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

2544EA7D-0F0E-4823-A093-9CF27F3D3354.jpeg

7186ED8A-3A4C-44B1-81FB-1E13F018B308.jpeg

D20D850B-E541-4E37-9C8F-59F780B3FD88.jpeg

B42649FF-B2F7-4D95-A860-D8803EDF68D4.jpeg

The difference is there are literally of hundreds of other vantage points that give you a clear, objective view of the pitch. I even thought “locals” were going to start scrapping yesterday over blocking views etc so it isn’t just away fans. 

Isnt a dig at your club it’s a dig at that set up which isn’t really in your control. If people enjoy those kind of grounds that’s absolutely fine, but I absolutely despite them.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

You have obviously never been at Alliance Park to watch a Calley Braves game or the rebuilt Meadowbank which has a similar stand to EK but with the addition of the running track.

If I was going to have a gripe about K Park it would be there is nothing really near to it apart from the Sports Club bar. I would admit its probably not great standing at the side of the stand but you get a decent view from the seats and the bit of terrace behind the goal looks alright.

My gripe about K Park is that it's usually pishing down and blawing a hoolie there!