There was a coo

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Good news (maybe) that we are in the SPFL Trust Cup this year.  

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-trust-trophy-202425

Not really sure why :D Probably to keep us sweet to vote in B teams....

Glad that the 'international' element has gone, but a pity the B teams (apart from the one that is too important to participate) are still there. Seems bizarre though that you, Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire invited to participate rather than Cumbernauld, Tranent, Civil Service Strollers and Linlithgow. The clubs passed over may be very unhappy at the loss of a minimum £5k participation fee, when money is so tight in the Lowland. But I guess since participation for non-members is by invitation the SPFL will be immune to legal action.

2 hours ago, To B or not B said:

I don’t think it’s anything to do with Cowdenbeath on this occasion, but having teams from the middle to lower half of the league in it over the likes of Cumbernauld Colts really stinks imo.

I would imagine some among the former SPFL teams will be embarrassed at being allowed into this competition at the expense of teams that finished higher in the league 

20 minutes ago, John S said:

I would imagine some among the former SPFL teams will be embarrassed at being allowed into this competition at the expense of teams that finished higher in the league 

They could refuse a spot. Don't hold your breath waiting though.

1 hour ago, John S said:

They have no shame though, they all proved that by going back on their original philosophy of no B teams the second they dropped out of the national leagues

58 minutes ago, John S said:

Several Berwick fans asking why we were invited in. No obvious logic to it. 

We won't be saying "no" though. 

Why should the club say no?  If we are invited we'd be bloody stupid to say no.  I agree it's moronic that we are invited in (as with last year) but your issue should lie with the organisers and not the clubs.

Fairly sure when invited you wouldn't expect the club to go "oh which other Lowland League teams are playing?"  

14 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Fairly sure when invited you wouldn't expect the club to go "oh which other Lowland League teams are playing?"  

I would expect them to ask why. Wouldn't your committee want to know why they'd been invited so they would have an idea of what to consider an aim for the forthcoming season?

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Several Berwick fans asking why we were invited in. No obvious logic to it. 

We won't be saying "no" though. 

Sir, you and your people are cads and bounders.

I do understand the seethe to some extent that is evident in the multiple threads, but you can tell it’s killing some folk that they can’t use the B team vote to stick it to the Gang of Four. And you can just tell they are itching to blame Cowdenbeath but haven’t quite thought of an angle yet.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I do understand the seethe to some extent that is evident in the multiple threads, but you can tell it’s killing some folk that they can’t use the B team vote to stick it to the Gang of Four. And you can just tell they are itching to blame Cowdenbeath but haven’t quite thought of an angle yet.

You obviously weren't reading this part of the forum when the other whores spread their legs open to the B teams in a previous season but whatever makes you feel better. Biggest triumph your team has had for while I suppose

Edited by Spyro

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

They could refuse a spot. Don't hold your breath waiting though.

The Corinthian spirit died in the 1800s so as you say best not to hold your spirit.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

There's no mention in the cup rules to say that guest clubs have to be picked by their league placing.

While this is accurate, you surely have to admit that it is not entirely fair?? We have a team placed 14th in the league taken above a team who have actually got a bronze license and finished some 10 places above them??

2 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

While this is accurate, you surely have to admit that it is not entirely fair?? We have a team placed 14th in the league taken above a team who have actually got a bronze license and finished some 10 places above them??

Don't know give Doncaster a call.

4 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Good to see that art of debate is alive and well.

What more can I add already said there was nothing in the rules about placings. Maybe just wanted all the ex SPFL sides in for whatever reason. If Gretna 2008 had claimed to the the same as the old club they may have got in as well.

40 minutes ago, Spyro said:

You obviously weren't reading this part of the forum when the other whores spread their legs open to the B teams in a previous season but whatever makes you feel better. Biggest triumph your team has had for while I suppose

I don’t feel bad, so I don’t need anything to make me feel better, but thanks.

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

They have no shame though, they all proved that by going back on their original philosophy of no B teams the second they dropped out of the national leagues

Berwick voted no though?