There was a coo

Posted (edited)

Dunsmore sounds like an excellent addition for us judging by the comments on the Stirling Albion thread. Dougie is obviously building a squad that will offer a lot more solidity than we had last year with the defensive softness that cost us dear. With Rodden away I suspect we've got someone lined up to come in at left back. So looking for another forward with loans to cover goalkeeper, left/right defenders and midfield.

Edited by ronaldincoo

Dunsmore should stroll this level. Another great signing by Cowdenbeath, can play a couple positions and always committed. Would probably have kept him for our league two campaign. 

Fancying your chances of competing for the title?

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Welcome aaron dunsmore, played first half of season for stirling albion last year and then on loan to bonnyrigg in February, seems to play right back/right mid. 27 years old so again good experience dougie is bringing in.

‘Dunny’ will be a cracking signing for you, without being flamboyant. He is solid and reliable and a battler who will chip in with the odd goal but in general he’s your steady 6 or 7 out of 10 player that you’ll all warm too pretty quickly.

57 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Dunsmore sounds like an excellent addition for us judging by the comments on the Stirling Albion thread. Dougie is obviously building a squad that will offer a lot more solidity than we had last year with the defensive softness that cost us dear. With Rodden away I suspect we've got someone lined up to come in at left back. So looking for another forward with loans to cover goalkeeper, left/right defenders and midfield.

Fully agree. Hopefully we're looking at a new man for left back. Keeper worries me. Surely we can't get another excellent loan?

41 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Fancying your chances of competing for the title?

We will struggle to compete with the money men at EK but if we'd managed to hold on to our up to 2 goal lead last season we would have had at least a top 6 finish so the signings so far point to a much more stable set up with Dougie also able to contribute on the park. With another addition or two and being able to get better results at Central Park I would hope we could be competing at the sharp end of the league next year.

Don’t think this should pass without a mention. I don’t know Eric and Alex personally, but I expect most on here do, this is a phenomenal effort on behalf of the club and some local charities.

For a small club, I don’t think there can be one in the land of a similar size who has fans that work so hard on behalf of the club, and also the fans themselves that contribute in various ways to the fund raising, over and above paying into matches.

Hello boys and girls.  Paul Maclean is a real leader on the park and causes havoc to the opposition at corners. You'll like him. We did.

Dunny is a good catch too. No empty shirt there. For the life of me didn't understand why he was loaned out to Bonnyrigg at the time.  We now know he likely wanted the hell away from a total madhouse, like most of our now gone squad. 

Anybody worried you've signed failed cast offs, no you haven't.  Just part of an abandon ship exodus and all the best to every player who legged it.

All the best for the new season. I'd like to see somebody prove they can play their way back up.  

13 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Don’t think this should pass without a mention. I don’t know Eric and Alex personally, but I expect most on here do, this is a phenomenal effort on behalf of the club and some local charities.

For a small club, I don’t think there can be one in the land of a similar size who has fans that work so hard on behalf of the club, and also the fans themselves that contribute in various ways to the fund raising, over and above paying into matches.

Great effort. Seeing Eric's name always reminds me of the (sometimes) fun late 80s and early 90s. Big E was a great defender.

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I would have liked to have seen Dunsmore back at City- you guys seem to be building a handy squad. 

Hopefully Tam. As always it’s the hope that …………

When watching the Premier League on TV you see the stat "most points lost from a winning position"........ my impression from reading last seasons posts is Cowdenbeath would top the Lowland League equivalent. Dropped points killed your season. 

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

When watching the Premier League on TV you see the stat "most points lost from a winning position"........ my impression from reading last seasons posts is Cowdenbeath would top the Lowland League equivalent. Dropped points killed your season. 

The dropped points certainly did, an vast improvement on the previous season though.

21 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

I would prefer if we signed a proven keeper.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would prefer if we signed a proven keeper.

We released Mark Weir. Could be a bit iffy with his kicking now and again, but we've had worse.  Lives in Edinburgh I think, so not that far for him to travel.

Edited by WC Boggs

41 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

We released Mark Weir. Could be a bit iffy with his kicking now and again, but we've had worse.  Lives in Edinburgh I think, so not that far for him to travel.

Mmmm, still gives me nightmares how I think we mustered one decent shot on target against him in the two Bonnyrigg play off matches.

He was probably chief wind up merchant as well amongst the players, but to be fair he was getting a fair few ‘fat b*****d’ shouts so hold no grudges. 😀

12 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Mmmm, still gives me nightmares how I think we mustered one decent shot on target against him in the two Bonnyrigg play off matches.

He was probably chief wind up merchant as well amongst the players, but to be fair he was getting a fair few ‘fat b*****d’ shouts so hold no grudges. 😀

To be equally fair he could stand to lose a few pounds.  And then a few more.