There was a coo

Game day.

Hopefully a couple of more fans than usual since we finally have a win under our belt.

Another win today would raise confidence levels further and help towards a much better league position.

The thing with this league is it's a shame there is not a major sponsorship to help contribute to prize money as I'm sure there isn't any?

The Lowland League definitely needs more continued fresh thinking to help clubs financially for new and existing clubs who play an important role and serve their communities as at this level financial income streams are limited i.e no big attendances, rarely likely to push on in the Scottish cup and draw the likes of Rangers and hindered with the amount of midweek Lowland League games which taking into account the energy rise prices may put further pressure on small clubs to put floodlights on etc 

Edited by Cowden316

3 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Game day.

Hopefully a couple of more fans than usual since we finally have a win under our belt.

Another win today would raise confidence levels further and help towards a much better league position.

The thing with this league is it's a shame there is not a major sponsorship to help contribute to prize money as I'm sure there isn't any?

The Lowland League definitely needs more continued fresh thinking to help clubs financially for new and existing clubs who play an important role and serve their communities as at this level financial income streams are limited i.e no big attendances, rarely likely to push on in the Scottish cup and draw the likes of Rangers and hindered with the amount of midweek Lowland League games which taking into account the energy rise prices may put further pressure on small clubs to put floodlights on etc 

I think the crowd will be similar to Tuesday.

We have a hard core of 200 odds these days.

It will probably take a bit more than a win against the Uni for significantly more to comeback.

As you say a win today would certainly be another confidence booster.

It would be good if the league could get a decent sponsor but the state the country is in I can’t see it happening anytime soon.

Businesses will be struggling to stay afloat never mind sponsor football leagues.

Re the Scottish Cup in recent times EK have had a live TV game with Celtic, BSC the same with Hibs and Bonnyrigg with Dundee.

Midweek games arn’t the best but it dosn’t help having 19 teams due to the B sides.

Clubs playing in the South and EOS Qualifying Cup really have to play on Saturday’s as some of their opponents don’t have floodlights.

Edited by cowdenbeath

7 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Has there been any further information with regards to the ground. I heard a rumour that another stock car company have recently offered 2mil+for the stock car licence and ground.

Rumour I heard was 2 promoters were interested one from down south.

Much the same as you must have heard.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Rumour I heard was 2 promoters were interested one from down south.

Much the same as you must have heard.

Hard to tell if new owners would be better or worse for the football club.

You wouldn’t think some sort of absentee owners from England would have much sympathy for the club’s position 😬

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Midweek games arn’t the best but it dosn’t help having 19 teams due to the B sides.

Before the Guest teams came along there would only be 3 full set of midweek fixtures given on the list. One at the end of July/early August. One the last midweek of August. One first midweek of October. As the first of those  might be the first home fixture of the season, in decent weather, school's still off and groundhoppers about would see attendances hold up better than normal.

Brilliant performance boys worked their socks, great freekick from sinky, slaven great holding up the play. Back line solid dealt with everything up against big boys. Did think they played through us in the middle of the park. And some great humour at the end big boy shouldnt be playing football if he can’t take a bit of abuse no line was crossed from us he just well and truly lost his head.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Magic guys, well done, look forward to hearing that we played well and it wasn’t 3 breakaways against the run of play 😬

Just saw a tweet that a Gretna player got sent off after the whistle for confronting home fans in the stand. What the….? 🤣

He got sent off on the pitch for dissent.

Fans were taunting him and he tried to get at them.

Their manager got sent off as well.

We played well and if anything should have scored more.

30 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

2 red cards at the final whistle. One for the above-mentioned donkey and one for the Gretna Manager. Also quite amusing was CC getting abuse from a member of the Gretna entourage for the fat shaming of said donkey by the Cowden faithful. Football fans calling a fat b*stard a fat b*stard. Surely not and whatever next ? 😆

Anyhoo. First time I've seen our lot in the flesh this season. Ran out reasonably comfortable winners today and the players worked hard. Slaven could and really should have scored a couple more goals and a 5-0 scoreline would not have been unfair. Alfie Robinson was a standout and certainly MoM, in my opinion. Hope his injury is not too serious. I  do see and share the concerns of the compadres that some of the players are a bit lightweight and too easily brushed off the ball and the passing at times was atrocious. However, onwards and upwards mes amis. A great confidence boost and hopefully we can give Bo'ness a pasting next week. Thanks to all the people behind the scenes who gave out such great hospitality. I wander home to Bedfordshire replete with a new Blue Brazil T shirt and the rather splendid bar mat !     

10 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

2 red cards at the final whistle. One for the above-mentioned donkey and one for the Gretna Manager. Also quite amusing was CC getting abuse from a member of the Gretna entourage for the fat shaming of said donkey by the Cowden faithful. Football fans calling a fat b*stard a fat b*stard. Surely not and whatever next ? 😆

Anyhoo. First time I've seen our lot in the flesh this season. Ran out reasonably comfortable winners today and the players worked hard. Slaven could and really should have scored a couple more goals and a 5-0 scoreline would not have been unfair. Alfie Robinson was a standout and certainly MoM, in my opinion. Hope his injury is not too serious. I  do see and share the concerns of the compadres that some of the players are a bit lightweight and too easily brushed off the ball and the passing at times was atrocious. However, onwards and upwards mes amis. A great confidence boost and hopefully we can give Bo'ness a pasting next week. Thanks to all the people behind the scenes who gave out such great hospitality. I wander home to Bedfordshire replete with a new Blue Brazil T shirt and the rather splendid bar mat !     

Really disrespectful phrase hoping you “give Bo’ness a pasting”Do you have a problem with Bo’ness United?

13 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Nice to meet you again for the first time in years.

Im sure there were more offensive chants than “You fat b*****d” around grounds in Britain today.