There was a coo

A wins a win thats all that matters not the prettiest of wins but regardless i’m chuffed with it. Felt like thomson got caught out at right back all game, slaven made a big difference for me when coming on uses his height so well good at putting his body between the ball and defender. An absolute gift from the edin keeper for the second and a well deserved 3pts on to Saturday now I did notice gretna had a scout at the game today taking notes.

6 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Woo hoo ! Forgotten what it feels like. 🍻

Coming up for the Gretna game on Saturday with a slight spring in the step. Well done lads.

At last:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3

Sounds like an emphatic win for the lads - just in time for my son and grandson ( a former Blue Brazil ballboy) to come up for Saturday's game.

A wins a win and that's all that mattered tonight.

The win will hopefully raise confidence levels in the dressing room and hopefully same again on Saturday.

Great to come out of Central Park smiling tonight.

Key as always although it's not been a pretty start to the season by any stretch of the imagination from some of our games we must continue to support the club/our club and hopefully foundations set for the year's ahead. 

I was later into the game and we were winning by the time I got there maybe I should try the same on Saturday 

Edited by Cowden316

Just in the house, well worth the effort to get over midweek.

Very pleased for the team, they looked chuffed at the end and deserved the applause, the fans were excellent tonight.

I said a day or two back that I’d take a winner where the ball rebounded off the goalie’s arse. Well, the second one didn’t do that, but was even more embarrassing for him. The lad had played pretty well up to there.

Onwards we go…

Good to be back at Central Park to see our first Lowland league win. 
Think 3-0 flattered us as Edinburgh Uni created some good chances early in the game. Their number 11 was causing some real problems and looked lively. 

Really liked the look of Ruddy in goal. Made a great one handed save and stopped a good few other chances.  He looks like a dependable keeper and I liked how he marshalled the defence and shouted directions when we were under pressure. Also liked Alfie Robinson. He has a bit of poise and stature about him and sprayed some good long range passes around. Also good in the air and seems like a solid defender. As has been mentioned on here before the team is generally fairly lightweight and some players are easily knocked off the ball. They also need to work on a bit of possession football and to try and slow the game down when needed. 

No need to moan as it was great to see the team win again. Hopefully this gives them a real boost in confidence going into Saturdays game. 

The PA system definitely packs a punch. Glastonbury would have been proud of those sound volumes. Was the weird tripod with the massive mast and green top anything t do with that ? 

Edited by Only coo in the village

Not anything outstanding but a win and hopefully confidence moving forward. Slaven made a big difference and will be a useful addition. Thought Graham also did well when on. Ruddy in goals is certainly helping as he communicates very well. 

Definitely room for improvement as Edinburgh were a poor team (liked their no 11) but this result is huge and hopefully the start of a run. Hopefully 3 more points on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Think 3-0 flattered us as Edinburgh Uni created some good chances early in the game. Their number 11 was causing some real problems and looked lively. 

Really liked the look of Ruddy in goal. Made a great one handed save and stopped a good few other chances.  He looks like a dependable keeper and I liked how he marshalled the defence and shouted directions when we were under pressure. Also liked Alfie Robinson. He has a bit of poise and stature about him and sprayed some good long range passes around. Also good in the air and seems like a solid defender. As has been mentioned on here before the team is generally fairly lightweight and some players are easily knocked off the ball. They also need to work on a bit of possession football and to try and slow the game down when needed. 

No need to moan as it was great to see the team win again. Hopefully this gives them a real boost in confidence going into Saturdays game. 

The PA system definitely packs a punch. Glastonbury would have been proud of those sound volumes. Was the weird tripod with the massive mast and green top anything t do with that ? 

The green stand I believe belongs to Edinburgh University. New technology!

Was at a loose end so went down to this tonight.

the only player on the park that looked to have any ability was the Uni 11.  When he ran at the Cowden defence he caused chaos.

Poor game.  Uni passed it about OK but looked toothless.  Cowdenbeath tried to hit lots of long balls that were mostly overhit, especially from the boy at the back with the big hair.  He looked composed enough defensively but he isn’t a passer of the ball.  When Cowdenbeath passed through the midfield they looked OK but bypassed the midfield far too much.

Cowdenbeaths full backs looked a bombscare along with Uni’s keeper.  That was one of the worst chuck it in your own net moments I’ve ever seen.

Cowdenbeath probably shaded it but never worth 3-0.

6 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

The black thing is a camera the Uni use to film games.

The camera thing would be one of these Veo cameras (or similar).

Quite a number of youth teams use them, the technology somehow automatically follows the ball about, so no camera person needed.

Must be quite useful for coaches, the footage I’ve seen is fairly clear, however, it doesn’t zoom in or anything so can look quite far away. 

The cost of the camera itself is not massive, but you have to pay some sort of monthly subscription which seems to cost quite a bit.

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

the only player on the park that looked to have any ability was the Uni 11.  When he ran at the Cowden defence he caused chaos.

Poor game.  Uni passed it about OK but looked toothless.  Cowdenbeath tried to hit lots of long balls that were mostly overhit, especially from the boy at the back with the big hair.  He looked composed enough defensively but he isn’t a passer of the ball.  When Cowdenbeath passed through the midfield they looked OK but bypassed the midfield far too much.

Cowdenbeaths full backs looked a bombscare along with Uni’s keeper.  That was one of the worst chuck it in your own net moments I’ve ever seen.

I agree with most of this. We are just relieved and happy to get a win. Any kind of win. 3-0 absolutely flattered us no doubt but we will take it. It’s a difficult road ahead for us due to the near impossible situation we’re in. It was great to leave Central Park with a smile for a change. 

Makes a change. There were so many games last season where we lost games in the last few minutes or just bad luck after being the better team.
Bit disappointing to read that we are still persisting with long misplaced passing. But hopefully a win and maybe a good performance on Saturday will set us up for future games. And tempt me back again!

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

It was a vital win, but can't disagree. The Uni team looked the far better of the two, slick and quick passing and movement. If they were better in front of goal they would have won comfortably. We on the other hand looked like headless chickens. Said it before, we should have been looking to sign more players from teams at his level, maybe we did and just couldn't get them.

The Uni number 11 strolled past Thomson every time. Thomson and Struthers were dreadful last night, but you have to cut them some slack, as one is 17 and the other not long turned 18. Newman and Berry still look poor and struggle. Berry puts himself about, but mostly loses the ball or fouls. Bizarrely he got MOTM. Still not sure about Sinclair. I have not seen every game, but I have seen most of them and he never looks like he will score. He had the ball in a few promising positions last night in one of the easiest games we will have this season and he kept losing the ball. Hopefully he will improve.

Slaven looks promising. Ruddy looks good. Martins needs to be back in the starting eleven and Robinson, although he overhits some passes, will get better each game. He looks like a player that was short on confidence and that confidence is coming back. I don't mind mistakes being made if we learn from it.

Still not sure what the tactics are though. We play it out from the keeper and if we don't lose the ball, which we often do, we then pass it sideways a few times and then just hoof it to the opposition, even though there is often plenty of space to travel forward with the ball. We struggle to string together a few passes.

Hopefully the win will give some of the players the boost they need and we can up our game and beat Gretna on Saturday, but it won't be easy. I am dreading the game against EK in October. If we play like last night it will be a cricket score.

Am I right in saying that we've played 13 matches this season and 6 of them have finished 3-0? 

Delighted for the team finally getting a win last night.  It's something to build on and hopefully we can start to pull away from the bottom of the table.