The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Petty or not the SPFL clearly saw QP were taking the piss and sided with Dundee. 

Maybe if you lot hurried up and finished your stadium rather than bouncing about like footballing nomads you would be able to have more control in the allocation distributed. 

With the size of the stadium we're building your allocation would have been about six and a half.

21 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Dundee were acting in the interests of their supporters by trying to get a bigger allocation, and Queen's were acting in the interests of our supporters in trying to make as many tickets available to them. What I can't understand is why the league had to step in and rule in Dundee's favour. It's not as though this would have been the first time that a team had cut the opposition's allocation for a game in the hope that it might give their team an advantage, irrespective of the impact on gate receipts.

Ummm, they have to rule in someone's favour. Usually against the party at fault?

Police Scotland were thanked, so I'm guessing that means it was in the interest of keeping large crowds off the street around the ground. Something Glasgow Gretna will never have to worry about.

32 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

As always with these things there is an argument for both sides. Neither club are in the wrong for trying to do what is best respectively. 

I can't really believe people are taking umbrage at Dundee fighting their corner as if it is some sort of audacious act. Queens Park tried to curb the allocation, Dundee wanted more, the SPFL saw through what Queens were doing and as far as I'm concerned it is settled. It's not as if the number now determined was going to take away from Queens Park fans.

But it is though, as I explained earlier. That’s the main point here. Probably not something our executive team considered but there will definitely be QP fans who for lifestyle reasons can’t be there every week but most definitely want to be there at the final game of the season. This is normal at clubs all over the UK who’ve had a good season. And before anyone goes on about glory hunters, as my learned friend Hampden Diehard points out the offer was in the same ballpark as the crowds you’ve already brought. Factor in live TV coverage and the Friday night and it was very reasonable.

Moreover though, the administrators - unless they have prescribed rules for this scenario - ought not to be involved. Is there any precedence for the SPFL directing a club to change their ticket allocation?

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Yup, that'll be me!  I'll be gutted if that ends up becoming reality.  Work in London and often over weekends etc, so season ticket for me and the boy (this season at least) not financially feasible, still, we go home and away when we can; Friday nights have always been problematic and typically the one Friday I manage to get off is the 5th!

Would never begrudge ST and Memberships holders priority but would be irked somewhat should the QP allocation be reduced on the basis of an SPFL decision.....we shall wait to see what Monday brings

Whatever the result next Friday and whatever happens this weekend, it's a shame that given the 'home' nature of the fixture the QP contingent as a whole may not have the opportunity to be there to thank OC and the team for what has been, on the pitch at least, a very memorable and successful season....will just have to make sure we're extra loud in Greenock this weekend.

I’ve been on that boat myself. It’s another grave failure of our committee this season if a single QP fan is denied attending this game.  Every effort must be made next week, including a temporary stand on the east terrace. They will know by 3 pm today what the numbers are for the stand. No excuses. Dundee’s appeal isn’t the crux of this. Playing in a second division stadium is the problem.

19 hours ago, an86 said:

Talk me through your emotions when Simon Murray fired the ball into the roof of the net at East End Park. In great detail, if possible. 

Meh, better to get relegated and bullet Hughes than stay up and sack him at Christmas with us in a relegation fight and burdened with his expenaivet dross. 

Relegation gave us a chance of a hard reset which we've taken, it's worked out well. 

53 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

But it is though, as I explained earlier. That’s the main point here. Probably not something our executive team considered but there will definitely be QP fans who for lifestyle reasons can’t be there every week but most definitely want to be there at the final game of the season. This is normal at clubs all over the UK who’ve had a good season. And before anyone goes on about glory hunters, as my learned friend Hampden Diehard points out the offer was in the same ballpark as the crowds you’ve already brought. Factor in live TV coverage and the Friday night and it was very reasonable.

Moreover though, the administrators - unless they have prescribed rules for this scenario - ought not to be involved. Is there any precedence for the SPFL directing a club to change their ticket allocation?

Someone else on this thread argued the point that the last two games at Ochilview Dundee had brought less than the initial ticket allocation. You can't have this argument for one and not the other.

I said before I don't blame QP for trying what they did but it has been rightly overturned. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

24 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Someone else on this thread argued the point that the last two games at Ochilview Dundee had brought less than the initial ticket allocation. You can't have argue this for one and not the other.

I said before I don't blame QP for trying what they did but it has been rightly overturned. 

I assume under-allocations are a gentleman’s agreement. The SPFL might have a say on their own rules, as vague as they are, but the certainly don’t have a say on the commercial activities of a club, other than not breaking the law.

So, I hope that somebody in our commercial team, maybe even the CEO if she can get off the gravy train for 5 minutes, will have the savvy to write to Dundee Football Club confirming the terms of sale are that DFC must buy the allocated tickets and pay for them, in full, by 3pm today and they can sell on to their support as and when. No returns. And if Dundee fans ultimately decide not to come, that’s between the fans and DFC. 

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I assume under-allocations are a gentleman’s agreement. The SPFL might have a say on their own rules, as vague as they are, but the certainly don’t have a say on the commercial activities of a club, other than not breaking the law.

So, I hope that somebody in our commercial team, maybe even the CEO if she can get off the gravy train for 5 minutes, will have the savvy to write to Dundee Football Club confirming the terms of sale are that DFC must buy the allocated tickets and pay for them, in full, by 3pm today and they can sell on to their support as and when. No returns. And if Dundee fans ultimately decide not to come, that’s between the fans and DFC. 

Not to have a crowd w**k over this but Dundee will have no issues in shifting 1000 tickets for this game. As with all fans, when it comes to the 'business end' of the season or when a bit of glory is on the line they turn out in numbers.

Words to describe how Dundee have gone about this such as 'petty' and 'pathetic' is quite frankly ridiculous.

From the outside looking in, it’s a strange decision by the SPFL. My only assumption can be that they’ve ruled this way because Queen’s Park were trying to leave large parts of the ground deliberately empty - I know there’s been speculation on here that QP would’ve opened up to at least a semi-public sale once ST holders were sorted, but clearly they either didn’t tell the SPFL this or it wasn’t planned at all, and you were looking at ST holders, plus ones and a sparse away terrace. 

Whatever the reason, another win for genius Leanne Dempster and the Queen’s Park board. Ironically if the garden shed at Lesser had been ready the pesky kids might just have gotten away with it.  

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Can you put that rule up please?

Admission Prices, Admission to Grounds and Ticket Distribution

I27

The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

The home club does not get to unilaterally dictate the away allocation, it has to be agreed by both clubs. If the clubs can't reach an agreement, the SPFL makes a ruling which is final.

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

From the outside looking in, it’s a strange decision by the SPFL. My only assumption can be that they’ve ruled this way because Queen’s Park were trying to leave large parts of the ground deliberately empty - I know there’s been speculation on here that QP would’ve opened up to at least a semi-public sale once ST holders were sorted, but clearly they either didn’t tell the SPFL this or it wasn’t planned at all, and you were looking at ST holders, plus ones and a sparse away terrace. 

Whatever the reason, another win for genius Leanne Dempster and the Queen’s Park board. Ironically if the garden shed at Lesser had been ready the pesky kids might just have gotten away with it.  

Precisely this. 

Won't be popular but despite how this looks publicly, I can't help feeling the club have engineered this. Makes no difference whether we are playing for the title or 2nd this will be our biggest game in my 40+ years following the club. The SPFL have now ruled on the away allocation and irrespective of how Queen's are able to use the remaining capacity, the crowd at our 'home' game will be more balanced than it otherwise would.  If this upsets some from other clubs ......

dont-care.gif.0deb1fc8fc6f1ec2190b5d1ff318470e.gif

Well, I think we are now clear what everyone's view on Ochilgate is.

Any chance of taking about fitba' again.

Anyone know if Kilday and Thomson are fit?

Do we start Williamson again?

Do we send Henderson away to watch Thistle in case we meet them in the play-offs? ( anything to keep him off the pitch)

Do we try starting Healy again?

Its a game we almost certainly need to win.

3 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Yup, that'll be me!  I'll be gutted if that ends up becoming reality.  Work in London and often over weekends etc, so season ticket for me and the boy (this season at least) not financially feasible, still, we go home and away when we can; Friday nights have always been problematic and typically the one Friday I manage to get off is the 5th!

Would never begrudge ST and Memberships holders priority but would be irked somewhat should the QP allocation be reduced on the basis of an SPFL decision.....we shall wait to see what Monday brings

Whatever the result next Friday and whatever happens this weekend, it's a shame that given the 'home' nature of the fixture the QP contingent as a whole may not have the opportunity to be there to thank OC and the team for what has been, on the pitch at least, a very memorable and successful season....will just have to make sure we're extra loud in Greenock this weekend.

I ordered additional tickets today.

While on the phone I asked about the arrangements and they confirmed that tickets will be made available to non members/season ticket holders next week, including standing tickets.

25 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Well, I think we are now clear what everyone's view on Ochilgate is.

Any chance of taking about fitba' again.

Anyone know if Kilday and Thomson are fit?

Do we start Williamson again?

Do we send Henderson away to watch Thistle in case we meet them in the play-offs? ( anything to keep him off the pitch)

Do we try starting Healy again?

Its a game we almost certainly need to win.

I'd probably go with the same lineup as started at Ayr if possible.

If Kilday is out then put Bannon in.

If Thomson is out then put Davidson in.

If/when changes are needed then Healy impressed off the bench last time at Morton and could be a good impact sub as folk start to tire.

I just dont understand how Henderson gets on ahead of Jarrett (or anyone else for that matter). We can all see that he's not interested, I don't know what he's doing in training to convince Coyle he's worth putting on ahead of others. McPake blows hot and cold, but is still a better option.

As crazy as it sounds, if we are still chasing goals with 20 mins to go in either of the next 2 games, I would genuinely consider throwing Eze up front before Henderson. At least he could go up there and cause havoc with opposition defenders having no idea what he'll do next.

Edited by Ben Reilly

I presume that Lee Kilday will be out injured, therefore I would be up for a 3-4- 3  

Bannon Eze Fox

Davidson    Boateng   Thomson     Robson

Savoury    Sheilds      Thomas