The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Really hope the wider QP fan base isn’t affected by this decision. Looks like it was going to be members and season tix get first dibs, then open up to the rest come Monday. QP with at least the main stand and behind the goals to the right.

Highly dignified bitchin and morning aside,  I kinda suspect Dundee would have got more tickets anyway once that process was complete.

Did Queen’s say that would have been the case? 

20 minutes ago, kristov said:

Did Queen’s say that would have been the case? 

Unless something gets set up for the East terrace we’ll end up with 600+ seats in the stand while Dundee have  a 1000. The members, STs and friends/family will fill the stand so other fans who’ve supported the team but don’t necessarily come every week will lose out. Especially bad as a lot of occasional fans haven’t been able to travel to Stenny.

Find it quite incredible that the SPFL have got involved here.

The old firm( cue the celtic fans) have went from 7000 to 0 and the authorities wouldn't dare tell them what to do.

Quite simply, there should be a rule allowing the away team X percent of the ground capacity ( say 10%) like we have for cup games but no rule exists and if QP want to restrict the amount of away fans, that's entirely up to them.

Rangers restricted the amount of Celtic fans in their ground to try and give them an advantage, QP had every right to do the same for me. 

FWIW, I think the league will be over before next Fri in any case.

16 minutes ago, madton said:

Find it quite incredible that the SPFL have got involved here.

The old firm( cue the celtic fans) have went from 7000 to 0 and the authorities wouldn't dare tell them what to do.

Quite simply, there should be a rule allowing the away team X percent of the ground capacity ( say 10%) like we have for cup games but no rule exists and if QP want to restrict the amount of away fans, that's entirely up to them.

Rangers restricted the amount of Celtic fans in their ground to try and give them an advantage, QP had every right to do the same for me. 

FWIW, I think the league will be over before next Fri in any case.

Rangers and Celtic mutually agreed to admit only home fans to OF games. The SPFL didn't intervene because neither of them raised the issue, they agreed to it.

There is a rule that requires clubs to a allow a reasonable number of away fans, if the two clubs can't agree to this number, the SPFL board intervenes.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Dundee's stance on this is pretty pathetic. Queens Park are the home club and have every right to give as many or as little tickets to their opposition as they want so long as it meets the SPFL rules. Smacks of Celtic and Rangers style bullying.

It doesn't meet the SPFL rules. That's the point. The two sides need to agree to the allocation, if they don't, the SPFL board intervenes.

5 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

It doesn't meet the SPFL rules. That's the point. The two sides need to agree to the allocation, if they don't, the SPFL board intervenes.

There is no rule that states Dundee are entitled to 1000 tickets, or around a third of the effective capacity of Ochilview. Just that the clubs need to agree to a reasonable allocation.

Now that a precedent has been set, what's to stop Celtic, for example, claiming that they want a third of the ground when the play somebody like Motherwell, where those seats are likely to be sitting empty?

It is absolutely petty and entitled behaviour to go greetin' to the SPFL about this, but they're as much to blame for actually stepping in.

36 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

There is no rule that states Dundee are entitled to 1000 tickets, or around a third of the effective capacity of Ochilview. Just that the clubs need to agree to a reasonable allocation.

Now that a precedent has been set, what's to stop Celtic, for example, claiming that they want a third of the ground when the play somebody like Motherwell, where those seats are likely to be sitting empty?

It is absolutely petty and entitled behaviour to go greetin' to the SPFL about this, but they're as much to blame for actually stepping in.

The SPFL probably ruled (and I'm trying not to sound "crowd wanky" about this, good on all the QP fans that support their team) that it's unreasonable for a club that has averaged around 500 fans this season to sit on a 2000 ticket allocation when there was strong demand from the visitors.

The Celtic situation is entirely hypothetical, they will have been aware of this rule for years now and it's never caused a problem.

It absolutely is not "petty" for a club to campaign for their fans and get more supporters in for a crucial game. That's a ridiculous take.

16 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

The SPFL probably ruled (and I'm trying not to sound "crowd wanky" about this, good on all the QP fans that support their team) that it's unreasonable for a club that has averaged around 500 fans this season to sit on a 2000 ticket allocation when there was strong demand from the visitors.

The Celtic situation is entirely hypothetical, they will have been aware of this rule for years now and it's never caused a problem.

It absolutely is not "petty" for a club to campaign for their fans and get more supporters in for a crucial game. That's a ridiculous take.

Average attendance is an absurd thing for the SPFL to take into consideration when getting involved like this. There's over a week until the game, and we still don't know how important it'll actually be.

As far as I'm aware, this decision has the potential to scupper entirely, or at least severely limit the number of additional tickets Queen's Park could sell to non season ticket holders, or give away to local schools and organisations which is my biggest issue with it (whether the plan was to divide the terrace or put Dundee fans behind the opposite goal, the impact remains the same).

The Celtic situation may be hypothetical, but now that there's evidence complaining works I suspect it may not be for long. There's every chance that nobody has ever thought it reasonable to demand more than a third of anyone else's ground before

I'm afraid it absolutely is petty to not be content with an away allocation of 10/15% of a stadium's total capacity, and then complain about it to the competition's governing body.

40 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Average attendance is an absurd thing for the SPFL to take into consideration when getting involved like this. There's over a week until the game, and we still don't know how important it'll actually be.

As far as I'm aware, this decision has the potential to scupper entirely, or at least severely limit the number of additional tickets Queen's Park could sell to non season ticket holders, or give away to local schools and organisations which is my biggest issue with it (whether the plan was to divide the terrace or put Dundee fans behind the opposite goal, the impact remains the same).

The Celtic situation may be hypothetical, but now that there's evidence complaining works I suspect it may not be for long. There's every chance that nobody has ever thought it reasonable to demand more than a third of anyone else's ground before

I'm afraid it absolutely is petty to not be content with an away allocation of 10/15% of a stadium's total capacity, and then complain about it to the competition's governing body.

I hate to take Dundee's side in this. But let's imagine the boot was on the other foot & the game was at Dens. And let's imagine Dundee said they were only making 200 tlckets available to QP fans.

I would be raging if I couldn't get a ticket & would expect the club to do everything in their power to get the allocation increased.

7 hours ago, EpicMike said:

I doubt that giving Dundee 400 tickets for Ochilview is below the required percentage for the SPFL. Hearts give opposition teams 600 tickets for Tynecastle. 

7 hours ago, EpicMike said:

if it were possible, I'd have taken the terracing for QP and given Dundee the stand.

For what it's worth, the average number of Dundee fans at the two preceding games at Ochilview this season was just under the initial allocation.

11 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Unless something gets set up for the East terrace we’ll end up with 600+ seats in the stand while Dundee have  a 1000. The members, STs and friends/family will fill the stand so other fans who’ve supported the team but don’t necessarily come every week will lose out. Especially bad as a lot of occasional fans haven’t been able to travel to Stenny.

Yup, that'll be me!  I'll be gutted if that ends up becoming reality.  Work in London and often over weekends etc, so season ticket for me and the boy (this season at least) not financially feasible, still, we go home and away when we can; Friday nights have always been problematic and typically the one Friday I manage to get off is the 5th!

Would never begrudge ST and Memberships holders priority but would be irked somewhat should the QP allocation be reduced on the basis of an SPFL decision.....we shall wait to see what Monday brings

Whatever the result next Friday and whatever happens this weekend, it's a shame that given the 'home' nature of the fixture the QP contingent as a whole may not have the opportunity to be there to thank OC and the team for what has been, on the pitch at least, a very memorable and successful season....will just have to make sure we're extra loud in Greenock this weekend.

Dundee were acting in the interests of their supporters by trying to get a bigger allocation, and Queen's were acting in the interests of our supporters in trying to make as many tickets available to them. What I can't understand is why the league had to step in and rule in Dundee's favour. It's not as though this would have been the first time that a team had cut the opposition's allocation for a game in the hope that it might give their team an advantage, irrespective of the impact on gate receipts.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

if it were possible, I'd have taken the terracing for QP and given Dundee the stand.

On a selfish level this is what I'd like to have seen, but it would have meant that any Queen's fans who aren't able to stand for 90 minutes would have had to sit in the stand with the Dundee support.

As always with these things there is an argument for both sides. Neither club are in the wrong for trying to do what is best respectively. 

I can't really believe people are taking umbrage at Dundee fighting their corner as if it is some sort of audacious act. Queens Park tried to curb the allocation, Dundee wanted more, the SPFL saw through what Queens were doing and as far as I'm concerned it is settled. It's not as if the number now determined was going to take away from Queens Park fans.

14 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

giving keyboard warriors who still live with their mum

Whereas you're racking up the coolness points spending your time on the forum for a league your team doesn't play in, and frothing at the mouth about an issue that is of no relevance to you whatsoever.

9 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Petty or not the SPFL clearly saw QP were taking the piss and sided with Dundee. 

Maybe if you lot hurried up and finished your stadium rather than bouncing about like footballing nomads you would be able to have more control in the allocation distributed. 

17 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Dundee were acting in the interests of their supporters by trying to get a bigger allocation, and Queen's were acting in the interests of our supporters in trying to make as many tickets available to them. What I can't understand is why the league had to step in and rule in Dundee's favour. It's not as though this would have been the first time that a team had cut the opposition's allocation for a game in the hope that it might give their team an advantage, irrespective of the impact on gate receipts.

They didn't so much step in as were asked to - I doubt if they would have gotten involved if Dundee hadn't asked them to.  They ruled in Dundee's favour because they thought QP were at at, presumably.