The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Not the worst position to be in.  Airdrie already secured fourth and third requiring; Airdrie victory, Partick loss, turn around 10 goal shortfall.  Not impossible but hopefully Airdrie see going for it as too much of a risk at this stage and will now focus on the play-offs by resting their key players.  Also Morton have still to secure 5th with Dunfermline or Ayr able to catch them - hopefully they will be up for the Inverness game.

Always liked Morton ........

Yikes Shudder GIF - Yikes Shudder Shiver GIFs

Edited by mcjameos

14 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Not the worst position to be in.  Airdrie already secured fourth and third requiring; Airdrie victory, Partick loss, turn around 10 goal shortfall.  Not impossible but hopefully Airdrie see going for it as too much of a risk at this stage and will now focus on the play-offs by resting their key players.  Also Morton have still to secure 5th with Dunfermline or Ayr able to catch them - hopefully they will be up for the Inverness game.

McCabe has already said there will be changes next week, and he did the same last year going into the play-offs. And any regular starters who are playing won't be playing the 90 minutes. It's a gift of a game for QP. Looking forward to seeing big Dunc's reaction afterwards.

I am still trying to get used to the new BBC football layout but two interesting statistics I stumbled across were;

QP gained 6 points from coming from behind this season.

QP gave up 24 points from winning positions this year.

24 points! How different the league table would look if we even managed to save half those points. Next Friday would have been a playoff place decider!

Edited by Stuntiethumper

17 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Airdrie will definitely rest the majority of starters,  the likes of Gallagher's,  a Murray Aiken,  McCabe himself, ATS , Dunlop will probably play,  weakened yes but still decent players..

I have found our 2 home games against QP were very tight games which could have went either way,  a little surprised you have ended up at the wrong end of the league....

The player who impressed me most was the big RB from Celtic, McPherson is he one of the reasons for your drop off, he was quality..

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

McCabe has already said there will be changes next week, and he did the same last year going into the play-offs. And any regular starters who are playing won't be playing the 90 minutes. It's a gift of a game for QP. Looking forward to seeing big Dunc's reaction afterwards.

Canne wait......never a fan of Dunc and Disordely 

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I am still trying to get used to the new BBC football layout but two interesting statistics I stumbled across were;

QP gained 6 points from coming from behind this season.

QP gave up 24 points from winning positions this year.

24 points! How different the league table would look if we even managed to save half those points. Next Friday would have been a playoff place decider!

Davidson has delivered 26 points since joining so a BIG WELL DONE to him for the turnaround and signing of some badly needed experienced players. Pre December form and management and starting line ups and incredulous substitutions completely turned the season into a survival battle . Delighted for the players the squad and the club for that performance yesterday. No other team has done that at Gayfield this year. It actually could have been 8, 9 or even 10 yesterday. Were we that good or is that performance in the teams DNA. We will find out on Friday. Good to have our destiny in our own hands now 🙌 

Biggest thing for me ahead of Friday is that we played with such confidence, the game was probably even more one sided than 5-0 suggests. I know our record against Airdrie isn't great but at the end of the day we have so much to play for that I'd like to think we'd be capable of going for the jugular against just about anyone. If that version of Dom Thomas shows up then I'd be feeling pretty good about our chances of avoiding 9th!

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Airdrie will definitely rest the majority of starters,  the likes of Gallagher's,  a Murray Aiken,  McCabe himself, ATS , Dunlop will probably play,  weakened yes but still decent players..

I have found our 2 home games against QP were very tight games which could have went either way,  a little surprised you have ended up at the wrong end of the league....

The player who impressed me most was the big RB from Celtic, McPherson is he one of the reasons for your drop off, he was quality..

Difficult to pinpoint (for me) but middle to bottom (excel Arbroath) of the league has been very tight - one game to go and we can still finish anywhere from 7th to 9th. The Dutch duo left us in a real mess and we lack squad depth meaning injuries can give us a problem. Not sure about the loss of McPherson but losing Thomas for 3wks seems to have been huge but then we can play badly with him in the team so who knows.

Edited by mcjameos

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Outwith an extremely poor 3 game period, the team have generally been fairy competent with spells of being very decent under Davidson. The unfortunate thing with those 3 defeats recently, because of the disastrous 1st half of the season under Veldman, any bad form would most likely lead to pretty big consequences given the timing of the season and unpredictability of the championship 

Coincidentally, those 3 defeats so happened to occur when Thomas was injured. Without his influence on the pitch, we’re a totally different side from back to front and it’s concerning how much reliance is on him at times. The goals he scored yesterday typified how brilliant he is though. 

Realistically, if we can’t beat a potentially 2nd string Airdrie side with nothing to play, when everything is on the line for us then we deserve 9th if that ends up being the outcome 

We are staying up, we are staying up! What a night, 2 great goals, plenty of time between them to worry especially when the news came through from Inversneckie that Morten were collapsing, crowd in great voice though to cheer the lads home. Nice to see my old school Pollokshields Primary down at the front having a rare old time. That's only the 4th time I've seen Queen's win this season. It's been a long hard road but at least we've got the chance to build properly for next season in the Championship.

A bit relieved this is all over for a wee while. It seems like we've been in a relegation battle since October yet 2 points off 5th.  And feeling positive for next season, particularly for the return of Savoury, and think this could be a big year for Liam McLeish.