The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Well we certainly went about it in a roundabout way, however, the young inexperienced players of last August have a hell of a season of experience under their belts now. 

And am sure will be all the better for it...roll on the League Cup!

Thank goodness the season is over! A painful first half of the season really wiped the enthusiasm for attending games (still forced myself to go them) but fair play to Davidson, to turn an absolute monstrosity of a team into a competent championship team again in such a short period of time. 

I think Davidson has had some unfair criticism on here at times but I think he’s done a terrific job overall. Aye, he’s got a set formation and way of playing but on the whole, it’s been really effective. We’ve got a really solid base of players to work from next season and I’m excited to see how we can kick on

Cillian Sheridan, what a man. Totally changed our season and he’s been nothing short of outstanding for us. 4 goals and 6 assists from joining end of February is superb going considering his considerable lack of match time and general expectation of him. I’d be shocked if he’s not offered an extension for next season. Another brilliant performance tonight

Josh Scott another one that’s been consistently excellent at left back. Would be offering him a couple years on to his contract.  

Posted (edited)

As the season is over now, had a wee look to see who’s contracted/out of contract/loan ended 

Contracted for next season: 

Ferrie, Wilson, Tizzard, Bannon, Fox, Turner, Welsh, Thomson, Thomas, Paton, Healy, Williamson, McLeish, Mauchin, Reid 

Out of contract/Loan ended 

Sheridan, Jarrett, Scott, Longridge, Robson, Savoury, Carse, Mckinstry, Wills, McPherson, Bruce 

So officially, we have 15 players with us for next season as of right now, although I struggle to see any sort of future for Williamson and Healy. Get Sheridan, Scott, Savoury and maybe a longridge signed up and supplement with an extra 4-5 quality additions and I think (hope) we’re In for a much enjoyable season

Obviously there’s going to be admirers for Paton and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Thomson get picked up by someone given he’s now coming in to the final year of his contract 

Who are people keeping/letting go 

Edited by qpfc

Safe at last, not that I had any doubts🤥.  The extent of the achievement by Davidson and the team cannot be underestimated.  To finish 8th despite Davidson having the third highest points per game of current managers shows how much of a mess our Dutch friends left.  Will probably divide opinion but, for me, I think Davidson saving us from relegation eclipses Coyle getting us promoted. 

13 minutes ago, qpfc said:

As the season is over now, had a wee look to see who’s contracted/out of contract/loan ended 

Ferrie, Wilson, Tizzard, Bannon, Fox, Turner, Welsh, Thomson, Thomas, Paton, Healy, Williamson, McLeish, Mauchin, Reid 

Sheridan, Jarrett, Scott, Longridge, Robson, Savoury, Carse, Mckinstry, Wills, McPherson, Bruce 

So officially, we have 15 players with us for next season as of right now, although I struggle to see any sort of future for Williamson and Healy. Get Sheridan, Scott, Savoury and maybe a longridge signed up and supplement with an extra 4-5 quality additions and I think (hope) we’re In for a much enjoyable season

Obviously there’s going to be admirers for Paton and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Thomson get picked up by someone given he’s now coming in to the final year of his contract 

A bit early mate. Let's just enjoy the moment and recover from the hang overs first eh? 😉

What a game - really tense at times but the team stood up to the challenge. Bottom of the league at the turn of the year and a long fight for survival.  A well deserved result if not the prettiest performance. Great work by Callum Davidson and the team! Well worth a 400 mile round trip to watch the game - shame I couldn't stay for a few beers after though. 😅🍻

Time for a rest, time to recharge, and let's see what we can do next season.

How are the hang overs people?

Two seasons in the Championship and they have been two seasons of complete opposites.  The first, hope to just stay in, followed by six months of great football, wins and memorable goals, followed by the painful slipping away of our lead to that weird, weird and ultimately depressing night at Ochilview vs Dundee.  This year, hope of another title challenge fell away after two games v Arbroath to the more of a likely relegation.  Coaches, Managers, DoF’s and CEO’s all departed along with the grand plan, but up stepped Davidson with some assured signings to get us, eventually to safety.  To paraphrase, thank £&#& that’s over with!

God knows what’ll happen next year, but given it’s QPFC, I’m sure it won’t be easy!, however we can start with adidas giving us a belter of a kit.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Don’t feel I’m qualified enough to comment given I’ve only seen QP lose this season, (bar Arbroath), but that’s never stopped me before.

A lot will depend upon how Grant Savoury fares when he returns.

Would like to see how the Sheridan-Paton axis works with a fit Savoury.  I honestly thought we had Josh Scott tied down for longer, so would be amazed if he wasn’t offered an extension, if so that’d likely see Robbo go; likewise Longridge for just being Mr Dependable all season deserves at least another year. Bruce is developing nicely so wouldn’t make sense to let him go.  Haven’t seen enough of Carre and Wills.  Would be surprised if alls ok with Savoury whether McKinstry would be required at all.

Of those under contract, if Savoury comes back, I wonder where in the pecking order Turner is.  Before his injury I could see us listening to offers for Fox, (though I’d dearly like him to stay), and I think the summer will show us how happy, or not, Thomson is to playing CB. 

Whatever happens we need a RB

Edited by Spider1975

29 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

How are the hang overs people?

Two seasons in the Championship and they have been two seasons of complete opposites.  The first, hope to just stay in, followed by six months of great football, wins and memorable goals, followed by the painful slipping away of our lead to that weird, weird and ultimately depressing night at Ochilview vs Dundee.  This year, hope of another title challenge fell away after two games v Arbroath to the more of a likely relegation.  Coaches, Managers, DoF’s and CEO’s all departed along with the grand plan, but up stepped Davidson with some assured signings to get us, eventually to safety.  To paraphrase, thank £&#& that’s over with!

God knows what’ll happen next year, but given it’s QPFC, I’m sure it won’t be easy!, however we can start with adidas giving us a belter of a kit.

Four pints and five whiskies pre-match ensured I felt no pain during the game. Fair to say the anesthesia has worn off this morning though 😅.

Two rollercoaster seasons that your summarised well. Nice wee memory last night seeing all the youngs kids bouncing around singing "wee are staying up" and the players engaging with them. Good vibes.

Think the thing that I’ve learned from attending this season is that QP’s fan base aren’t actually as old as they look, it’s just the stress of watching them…

In just about every interview that Davidson has done, he’s referenced ‘doing something’ about the atmosphere at Hampden (and that home record). It’s clearly on his mind.

Apart from, y’know, competently developing a small stadium, perhaps in the shadow of the big one, what could the club practically do next season to make it a better experience for the fans and the players?

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Hopefully a big positive from last night is the last time we have to look at the worst strip ever worn by a Queen's Park team.

Who is going tell him? 

32 minutes ago, Byekick said:

Think the thing that I’ve learned from attending this season is that QP’s fan base aren’t actually as old as they look, it’s just the stress of watching them…

In just about every interview that Davidson has done, he’s referenced ‘doing something’ about the atmosphere at Hampden (and that home record). It’s clearly on his mind.

Apart from, y’know, competently developing a small stadium, perhaps in the shadow of the big one, what could the club practically do next season to make it a better experience for the fans and the players?

Well, since I started watching QP as a nipper back in the late-80's when the crowd was pretty much just players' family members/friends, when God forbid anyone shouted, (let alone sing), the atmosphere has come on leaps and bounds.  Other than a fit for purpose stadium, the only suggestion I have is to install more of that plastic sheeting around the ground….in the wind it gave a passable ersatz-crowd noise!!!

Hopes for next season.

Championship safety, but more importantly, can we beat Morton….even just the once would be nice, everyone else can do it, even ICT, why can’t we?