The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

45 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Would hardly call Mal Boateng an 'unsung hero', whomever wrote the article obviously didn't spend much time researching the Championship last year.  Nice to see Ferrie in there, though Derek Gaston might feel a little hard done by

Just now, PB1994 said:

What’s Jake Davidson like? We’ve signed him on a 2 year deal.

Competitive in midfield. Good driving forward into the box. Can tackle okay but prone to getting wrong side of attackers if playing in defence. We played him at RB early season but he’s more effective in midfield. Glad to see he’s still at this level.

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Competitive in midfield. Good driving forward into the box. Can tackle okay but prone to getting wrong side of attackers if playing in defence. We played him at RB early season but he’s more effective in midfield. Glad to see he’s still at this level.

We’ve said he was a right back in our statement so I imagine that is where he will be playing more often.

11 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

What’s Jake Davidson like? We’ve signed him on a 2 year deal.

He scored our first goal in the Championship against you. I think he's a decent player & would have been happy to see him stay with us.

I agree that he is probably better in midfield than right back.

Hopefully, he doesn't come back to haunt us.

13 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

We have a competitive game four weeks today and still an awful lot of things we don’t know about the season ahead.

Someone clearly read this because Veldman has just been announced by the club.

A few players this coming week too, please!

4 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Someone clearly read this because Veldman has just been announced by the club.

A few players this coming week too, please!

Exciting and interesting appointment for sure.

Going to be a big challenge balancing the new methods/style/youth development side of things with short term needs of actually winning league matches.

Exciting times ahead for us I feel. Not backing us to win us the league, may end up in playoff mix. But for me, more importantly I would love to see us build a side, bed in young talent and play some exciting football next season. Then build from there and see what comes our way. 

Exciting times with Veldman I feel! Just hope in terms of recruitment, we’re still incredibly competitive despite what looks will be a younger group this upcoming season 

At the end of the day, we’re a championship club operating at a decent level and not strictly a youth team . Hope the balance in age and readiness works out well. I feel confident with this appointment 

Edited by qpfc

4 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Exciting times with Veldman I feel! Just hope in terms of recruitment, we’re still incredibly competitive despite what looks will be a younger group this upcoming season 

At the end of the day, we’re a championship club operating at a decent level and not strictly a youth team . Hope the balance in age and readiness works out well. I feel confident with this appointment 

Agreed - we need an experienced 'core' for the team and can build our own young talent around that. 

Left field appointment although probably fits with the MO of the club,  nice to see QP not going for the usual retreads,   Good luck for the season, already looking forward to my trips to the National Stadium (kiss of death here probably be one of the early games at lesser now)

on a more serious note do you think Coyle was working his ticket, as in it was always his intention to return to India or was the I interference from the background too much..   Cheers

Although it's always been Club policy to announce signings pretty late (fear of being gazumped, I was told) I'm hoping we get to hear who they are soon. I've no doubt we have a few in the pocket and, you have to say, most signings were a success last year. You'll never get it 100% right; look at Chelsea.

I can see it being a better, more competitive, division this year, and we'll definitely need to be better to compete and we do need to have a Murrayesque type up front.  You can see the difference it makes in this division.

But it's starting to come together.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

You'll never get it 100% right; look at Chelsea.

I can see it being a better, more competitive, division this year, and we'll definitely need to be better...

Am hoping we are setting standards higher than that of Chelsea.

However, I agree, the Championship will be more competitive and arguably of a higher standard this time around.