The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

image.png.6003d8a00e931d8b522b08d9f00d6f0a.png

OOFT. Probably another 2 mil minimum spunked in the intervening 18 months. Half the pot gone already. Good stuff. 😀

If you knew what you were talking about (and clearly, you do not) the important page is the Balance Sheet.

And since these Accounts were published, we had a wip round after the last game and we'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Barry Hepburn confirmed now too. Really positive start to recruitment now that it's all kicked off!

Absolutely, checked out some of his highlights and he looks a bit good. 

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

Absolutely, checked out some of his highlights and he looks a bit good. 

In fairness there’s been plenty of duds with brilliant highlight reels, Luis Longstaff for one. 😬

But I am excited about Hepburn 

4 hours ago, Liam899 said:

This isn’t sustainable surely? Exciting nevertheless but you do have to worry about the future. Pump Utd to the league and I’ll forever be a Queens fans though ;)

Many thanks for the lesson in sustainability.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4435243/dundee-loss-of-almost-900000-anticipate-more/

9 hours ago, Liam899 said:

This isn’t sustainable surely? Exciting nevertheless but you do have to worry about the future. Pump Utd to the league and I’ll forever be a Queens fans though ;)

Sometimes, in the dark of the night, maybe. But today we have our first test event at Lesser and the beer and bunting is out. Time we had some sun on our backs for a while. 

I see the club have posted photos from the first week if training on Facebook.

Longridge is included, so I'm guessing that means he's signed up for the coming season.

No sign of Fox unfortunately.

Also no Eze, even though he's under contract for next year.

That’s longridge officially announced for another season. There’s no doubt he’s a decent character to have around the club but purely from a football perspective I’m shocked he’s still here. Take away one impressive sub appearance against Inverness, his legs look gone at this level. 

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

That’s longridge officially announced for another season. There’s no doubt he’s a decent character to have around the club but purely from a football perspective I’m shocked he’s still here. Take away one impressive sub appearance against Inverness, his legs look gone at this level. 

MB obviously rates him and values his presence, that's good enough for me.

I’m obviously not privy to what’s going on at this test event but the players on the field at the moment look like they’re youth (plus Jack Heraghty?). Would have been good to have seen the team/new guys in action. 

Bit surreal to be finally in here anyway, that’s for sure. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Why the f*** did we half-build this place? It's an excellent base and a state of the art training facility but definitely not a stadium haha

IMG_20230624_131117.jpg

IMG_20230624_131113.jpg

FTFY.

A shame, as Lesser had great potential as a nice compact 2 or 3 thousand capacity ground which would be been a decent place to watch a game at.

13 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

God this thing is hideous. 

And very distracting I should say. You just can't avoid seeing it. 

IMG_20230624_135923.jpg

That looks ridiculous. Like something they'd build in the Soviet Union or Romania on the off chance Comrade Stalin or President Ceaușescu turned up at some open bowl in the middle of nowhere.