The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

There's a free carpark right outside Lesser, which is a continuation if the even bigger free carpark outside Hampden.

Both will be available on Monday night and there will be plenty of space.

Enjoy the game.

Many thanks. Would prefer if it was a competitive game but my St.Mirren duties don't give me an opportunity before you move to Hampden .

6 minutes ago, An Arab In Qatar said:

What cap is likely to be on the capacity at Hampden Park for home games? 

No idea what the actual capacity will be, but I'd expect away fans will be seated in the eastern side of the south stand lower when you visit.

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

No idea what the actual capacity will be, but I'd expect away fans will be seated in the eastern side of the south stand lower when you visit.

We were told last night that negotiations were still ongoing with the SFA regarding the specifics of where fans will be seated, stewarding, access to hospitality spaces etc

Just now, Ben Reilly said:

We were told last night that negotiations were still ongoing with the SFA regarding the specifics of where fans will be seated, stewarding, access to hospitality spaces etc

That's interesting, I'd be surprised if they did it any other way but you never know then!

Just now, Zanetti said:

That's interesting, I'd be surprised if they did it any other way but you never know then!

There was a specific question asked about whether we'd have access to the centre section of the south stand (the comfy seats) as we didn't have that for the two games in December.

The answer to that was that it's still all under discussion.

Like you, I'd expect however that we'll be in the west side of the South stand and away fans in the east.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

There was a specific question asked about whether we'd have access to the centre section of the south stand (the comfy seats) as we didn't have that for the two games in December.

The answer to that was that it's still all under discussion.

Like you, I'd expect however that we'll be in the west side of the South stand and away fans in the east.

Haud oan I might not have a comfy seat! 

Is it too late to return my ST!? 🤪

Just doesn’t look like a QP shirt. Generic template stuff. There is an argument that “it’s only a top” etc, but club identity is important. Club colours and tradition are part of the fabric and identity.

Evolution and modernisation is necessary in many areas, but this isn’t one of them. Should be hoops at all times and do whatever you want with the away kit. The all white back is horrific. It’s vertical stripes with an all white back, not hoops. It’s wee things like this that the QPSA should be consulted on. It’s not a terrible football shirt in general terms, but it’s not a Queen’s Park shirt.

Edited by an86

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Just doesn’t look like a QP shirt. Generic template stuff. There is an argument that “it’s only a top” etc, but club identity is important. Club colours and tradition are part of the fabric and identity.

Evolution and modernisation is necessary in many areas, but this isn’t one of them. Should be hoops at all times and do whatever you want with the away kit. The all white back is horrific. It’s vertical stripes with an all white back, not hoops. It’s wee things like this that the QPSA should be consulted on. It’s not a terrible football shirt in general terms, but it’s not a Queen’s Park shirt.

All white back? Oh dear lord no ... just no.

13 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

All white back? Oh dear lord no ... just no.

Yep. In the grand scheme of things it’s not a life or death matter, but I struggle to imagine there was a great deal of consultation on the matter. These wee things matter to fans. I sometimes feel like, as a club, we’re trying to play 60 yard cross field passes when a six yard square ball will do the job. 

Can understand why earlier comments are not favourable. Not seen the back but was never a fan of the large white space on the back of previous (replica) shirts anyway. The red shoulder trim.... 🤔

Unlike the away shirt, its not a cracker, but, on balance, don't think I really mind it. The litmus test is will I buy one............. probably. 

9 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Can understand why earlier comments are not favourable. Not seen the back but was never a fan of the large white space on the back of previous (replica) shirts anyway. The red shoulder trim.... 🤔 

The back of this is totally white, no hint of "hoops" at all. It's not just a blank area for the name and number.

Could maybe have got away with either the black sleeves or the red 3-stripe; but both of them, combined with the all-white back?

Absolutely fucked it, lads.

(The change kit is basically fine, if a wee bit generic and "training kit" for my liking.)