The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

I won't be buying the new kit. I knew this would happen. Global kit suppliers (Adidas, Nike etc.) have a small catalogue of kit designs that they force-feed to all the clubs, unless the club is big enough to dictate its own design. I may be interested in the new training gear but definitely not these shirts. 

18 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I won't be buying the new kit. I knew this would happen. Global kit suppliers (Adidas, Nike etc.) have a small catalogue of kit designs that they force-feed to all the clubs, unless the club is big enough to dictate its own design. I may be interested in the new training gear but definitely not these shirts. 

I agree. Both are honking. I’m not a traditionalist but those aren’t QP’s hoops. Furthermore the away kit is a template also used by Cameron Juniors. Very disappointing. 

Presuming there'll be a long-sleeve, as well... 😬IMG_20230706_143515.png.221d4bd050fb9228f493d82d50fb1832.png

Also: who/what is/are the mysterious "City" (whose logo adds to the general impression of "too much going on that doesn't really hang together")?

3 minutes ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

Presuming there'll be a long-sleeve, as well... 😬IMG_20230706_143515.png.221d4bd050fb9228f493d82d50fb1832.png

Also: who/what is/are the mysterious "City" (whose logo adds to the general impression of "too much going on that doesn't really hang together")?

I'm glad someone else has asked this.

I thought it might be common knowledge. 

7 minutes ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

2 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

I'm glad someone else has asked this.

I thought it might be common knowledge. 

It's Willie Haughey's company.

15 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

It was on show at a members meeting this evening. It was said that it was ready to be revealed online after the meeting, so I assume that will mean tomorrow morning.

And I agree, it's a very disappointing effort from our much hyped new partnership with Adidas. Looks like it's just one of their standard templates in Black and White (with red '3 stripes')

At least the training gear looks good.

At the members meeting was there any discussion regarding Lesser and the on going issues/build of that? 

13 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

At the members meeting was there any discussion regarding Lesser and the on going issues/build of that? 

Nothing that we didnt know already. Just that there were various things that held it up (material shortages, changes to design, retrospective planning consent etc) and that construction costs went up considerably, meaning that we can't afford to build any more permanent stands for now, as the majority of the money we received upfront from the SFA for the sale of Hampden has been spent on Lesser already.

There was a bit of explanation on the reasoning for the hospitality stand. Mainly that, for various reasons, it has potential to bring in more income than we would make from having a stand for 800ish fans at our home games.

Personaly speaking, while so much about the Lesser redevelopment has been very frustrating, having had the bigger picture laid out last night, I am a bit more understanding of, and content with, why things have turned out the way they have.

However, none of the above justifies the kiosk prices!

You can tell that the home top is from an old template by the fact it has Adidas under the three stripe logo whereas the away top is from a newer template. Newer Adidas designs just have the three stripes logo.

The home top is identical to the Hamilton Accies kit from 21-22 with their red replaced by our black.

The “partnership” with Adidas essentially involved someone a QPFC flicking through an Adidas template brochure. 

Note also that the adidas logo on the home shirt is a different colour from the shorts. 

7 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

You can tell that the home top is from an old template by the fact it has Adidas under the three stripe logo whereas the away top is from a newer template. Newer Adidas designs just have the three stripes logo.

The home top is identical to the Hamilton Accies kit from 21-22 with their red replaced by our black.

The “partnership” with Adidas essentially involved someone a QPFC flicking through an Adidas template brochure. 

Note also that the adidas logo on the home shirt is a different colour from the shorts. 

It’s so disappointing. Basic QP home design with an adidas logo would have probably been the best seller we’ve ever had. I’ll buy any old shite, but can’t see me parting with dosh for this. Gets worse on every look. 

12 minutes ago, an86 said:

It’s so disappointing. Basic QP home design with an adidas logo would have probably been the best seller we’ve ever had. I’ll buy any old shite, but can’t see me parting with dosh for this. Gets worse on every look. 

Yes, much better things to spend 50 quid on……..

like a pie and bovril at Lesser Hampden 

3 hours ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

City Refrigeration. Willie Haughey's company.

48 minutes ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

Less would have been more for sure but whatever design we ended up with would still have been swamped with multiple sponsors' logos. It's just how these things go.

Once we see the goals start flying in (hopefully) I'd like to think we'll get over the initial gag reflex and get on board with it. 

I don't particularly like the kits and us scoring lots of goals wearing them, whilst generally making me happy, will not make me like them any more.

But ultimately, its no big deal. in 12 months time, we will have a couple of new kits which will hopefully be better.

Oh my days. I was super excited about a clean, sharp and class adidas look. That shirt is beyond dreadful. In fact the whole kit is. 

Also, a sponsor linked to benefactor/owner/whatever he is. Are we Newcastle United in the Mike Ashley era?

I fear we are becoming too corporate and soulless. 

25 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Oh my days. I was super excited about a clean, sharp and class adidas look. That shirt is beyond dreadful. In fact the whole kit is. 

Also, a sponsor linked to benefactor/owner/whatever he is. Are we Newcastle United in the Mike Ashley era?

I fear we are becoming too corporate and soulless. 

Yeah, entering into a partnership with a “Wealth Management” company. We all know what wealth management is shorthand for. Already wealthy people shifting their money around and finding loopholes to avoid paying tax. 

It's definitely the sleeves & the sponsor's logo that have the worst impact, I think: change either one, and the shirt's immediately improved, plain white back/lack of hoops notwithstanding.

e.g.

IMG_20230706_201634.thumb.jpg.2303f4ea915ccb654622115ca2eec4f1.jpg

IMG_20230706_150219.png.5ea7afab9fe7f90cd5307b10bace5e1d.png

Needless to say, perhaps, but the best option is to punt them both:

IMG_20230706_195533.thumb.jpg.f77c4942bae19e137dcc09188ad3ca41.jpg