The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Still got a hint of the training-top look about it; but, again, much improved by changing the sponsor's logo:

IMG_20230706_205847.thumb.jpg.fbe7a5608c0cec1952033241faa492bf.jpg

I think it simply comes down to having too many different colours involved, meaning the kits look cluttered and overly "busy".

8 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Nothing that we didnt know already. Just that there were various things that held it up (material shortages, changes to design, retrospective planning consent etc) and that construction costs went up considerably, meaning that we can't afford to build any more permanent stands for now, as the majority of the money we received upfront from the SFA for the sale of Hampden has been spent on Lesser already.

There was a bit of explanation on the reasoning for the hospitality stand. Mainly that, for various reasons, it has potential to bring in more income than we would make from having a stand for 800ish fans at our home games.

Sorry not buying this. As far as I can see, the way the  "hospitality stand" has been built effectively renders that whole side of the ground useless for any other spectator facility. Surely they could have incorporated a hospitality facility into a stand for "normal" fans . That way you maximise income from hospitality & "real" fans. I would also assume you get more hospitality income in a stadium you can actually play your games in.

8 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Personaly speaking, while so much about the Lesser redevelopment has been very frustrating, having had the bigger picture laid out last night, I am a bit more understanding of, and content with, why things have turned out the way they have.

However, none of the above justifies the kiosk prices!

On this we are in agreement.

11 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Also, a sponsor linked to benefactor/owner/whatever he is. Are we Newcastle United in the Mike Ashley era?

I fear we are becoming too corporate and soulless. 

Harsh. All businesses or organisations must look to use all resources to hand to maximise income and not rely on any one person.

This latest design - in my opinion - whilst nice, is not a Queen's Park strip. And I fear may not be the income generating item it could have been.

Then again, I may not be the demographic it is aimed at. I hope it flies off the shelves.

It should have been bold, I do not mind testing traditions; however, this is bland at best.

43 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Harsh. All businesses or organisations must look to use all resources to hand to maximise income and not rely on any one person.

This latest design - in my opinion - whilst nice, is not a Queen's Park strip. And I fear may not be the income generating item it could have been.

Then again, I may not be the demographic it is aimed at. I hope it flies off the shelves.

It should have been bold, I do not mind testing traditions; however, this is bland at best.

I was referring primarily to the sponsorship deal with Haughey’s company ‘City’. Much like Newcastle, with Sports Direct. I personally find it odd when the money a club are paid for sponsorship, comes out of the same ‘pot’ of wealth used to own/fund a club. 

Edited by TheHitman

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

I was referring primarily to the sponsorship deal with Haughey’s company ‘City’. Much like Newcastle, with Sports Direct. I personally find it odd when the money a club are paid for sponsorship, comes out of the same ‘pot’ of wealth used to own/fund a club. 

A fair point.

When I first saw the new home top I was pretty horrified like the rest of us. 

Weirdly the more i'm looking at it the less horrified i'm becoming. The details like the red and blue colours are not really  an issue for me but the thicker white hoop compared to the thinner black one just doesn't look right.

That said, am I likely to part ways with my money for it...it's probably quite likely (hoping it will help fund a new stand!).

9 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Sorry not buying this. As far as I can see, the way the  "hospitality stand" has been built effectively renders that whole side of the ground useless for any other spectator facility. Surely they could have incorporated a hospitality facility into a stand for "normal" fans . That way you maximise income from hospitality & "real" fans. I would also assume you get more hospitality income in a stadium you can actually play your games in.

On this we are in agreement.

The ideal option would have been along the lines of a stand that ran the length of the west side of the pitch, with hospitality seating built over the changing rooms that could be accessed directly from the pavilion, the 40ish "elite" seats still in their current position in front if the new suite, and then the rest filled with seating for ordinary supporters.

However, it seems that the money only went so far, and what we have, from the affordable options available, is the one which will supposedly bring in the most revenue going forward.

It's far from perfect, but having had the rational explained, along with some of the bigger picture stuff regarding the use of Lesser and where we'll play our home games in the coming years, I understand why those decisions were made.

10 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Do you know what the capacity will be for the League Cup games and how many tickets (if any) there will be for away fans?

Apologies if covered earlier in the thread and I missed it.

900ish. Everyone who wants one should get one. The only thing that would take it close to capacity for a game like this would be folk coming for a nosey. What would you expect to bring? Couple of hundred? 

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

900ish. Everyone who wants one should get one. The only thing that would take it close to capacity for a game like this would be folk coming for a nosey. What would you expect to bring? Couple of hundred? 

Thanks, the support will depend on whether or not we are in with a chance of qualification.  It is possible that both teams will still have a chance of progressing (we got through with 8 points last season).  If so I'd be surprised if the total demand wasn't more than that.

Contrast this with our method, which is “£95, please.” Our catchment area includes some of the greatest pockets of poverty in the country and that’s before we take into account the cost of living crisis. We can’t just be about community when the cameras are there. It’s got to be the very fabric of who and what we are.

Where are these families finding a couple of hundred extra quid to send their kids to football? The free tickets for schools are great, but if we want them to become actual fans then this has to change. Anyone at the games with Thistle can see how vocal their young team is. That didn’t happen by accident.

Being a football club should be a bit like being a band. Just copy the bits you like from other clubs and claim it as your own. There are only so many notes you can play.

7 minutes ago, an86 said:

Contrast this with our method, which is “£95, please.” Our catchment area includes some of the greatest pockets of poverty in the country and that’s before we take into account the cost of living crisis. We can’t just be about community when the cameras are there. It’s got to be the very fabric of who and what we are.

Where are these families finding a couple of hundred extra quid to send their kids to football? The free tickets for schools are great, but if we want them to become actual fans then this has to change. Anyone at the games with Thistle can see how vocal their young team is. That didn’t happen by accident.

Being a football club should be a bit like being a band. Just copy the bits you like from other clubs and claim it as your own. There are only so many notes you can play.

Well said.

After a number of members raised concerns about this at this weeks meeting, and being told that it would be reviewed, it was quite disheartening to receive the circular email the next morning promoting the current prices.

2 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Do you know what the capacity will be for the League Cup games and how many tickets (if any) there will be for away fans?

Apologies if covered earlier in the thread and I missed it.

The designated away section at Lesser Hampden appears to have 86 seats.