The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered. Just bought two season tickets through the QP website, does anybody know if the season tickets will be sent to my house or will I have to pop into the offices to collect them at some point next week.

9 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

Mixed messages aside does anyone really care too much if City end up sponsoring the stadium?

If anything its an additional revenue stream which allows the club to continue growing. I'd also like to hope if Willie Haughey has his hand on the till so to speak then he's not likely to want to put his name to a half built stadium.

If the club are saying the build has ground to a halt because of lack of funds then any additional funds that could hopefully be used to at least complete the already approved plans then I think it should be welcomed.

They came closer than anyone else to building a football stadium, falling just three stands, decent eyelines, normal acoustics, and having the area behind the goal cleared of rubble short, so I guess they've earned the right to name the thing.

27 minutes ago, PeterParker said:

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered. Just bought two season tickets through the QP website, does anybody know if the season tickets will be sent to my house or will I have to pop into the offices to collect them at some point next week.

You'll need to collect them at Lesser, but they'll be immediately available through the app on your phone as well.

Dom Thomas signs a contract extension until 2025. Our best player and now captain signed up. Brilliant way to cap off the weekend  

Now get McKenna, Savoury and Bruce extended contracts please! 

Would it be overly optimistic to see this rebranding of Lesser (and the apparent directive to associate the team with the new ground name in match reports etc. as quoted above) as a sign that the club do intend to develop the site further and move back in there in the short-ish term? It seems significant that they're now actually referencing the place as the team's actual home for (I think?) the first time since the announcement of the big hampden deal.

What keeps giving me pause though is the ongoing murkiness of the Haughey factor. If Lesser was being renamed to the Nandos Arena or something then that would clearly represent a formal and unambiguous new income stream being established for the club. But with Lord H.'s World of Fridges I can't escape the feeling that this might all be a bit fuzzier than that.

Edited by Kevin Finnerty

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Dom Thomas signs a contract extension until 2025. Our best player and now captain signed up. Brilliant way to cap off the weekend  

Now get McKenna, Savoury and Bruce extended contracts please! 

Excellent news. 👍  Was starting to get concerned he may not want to stay and have signed a pre contract in January with someone else. 

2 hours ago, PeterParker said:

Have just read it appears we are signing Celtic right back Ben McPherson on loan. 

Link for article

https://www.67hailhail.com/transfers/celtic-talent-heading-to-championship-side-on-loan-after-impressing-in-pre-season/

Oh, that's interesting. Could be a good move.

4 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

He was already under contract until June 2024. This is a wage raise + one year extension. 

Yes I know. However, like Murray, he could sign a pre contract in January ('24) and possibly leave. That was my concern. Having that extra year gives some security.