The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Can’t see the comfy seats being for anything other than hospitality, unless the boxes are going to be used. Not sure what the setup is going to be with that at Hampden, though. 

In all honesty, I think it’d be better for all of the fans to be in the same general area. Was never much of a fan of that particular divide. We need to find a way of creating some sort of atmosphere in such a vast arena, particularly as we’re likely to be outnumbered on a few occasions. 

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

When I first started attending occaisional games (pay at the gate) the group I went with all sat in the comfy seats. They were all ST holders, and not members. We never had any problems sitting there. The stewards checked you had a season ticket, but not a membership, and I just said I was with them and there were no issues.

In fact if you entered via the main entrance (rather than the turnstiles) and bought a ticket at the wee table in reception, that ticket got you into the comfy seats too.

However, it could well be different this time round. At the two games we played last December I don't believe the comfy seats were available. I seem to remember that the question was asked about this, and the tea room, at the members meeting a month or so ago,  and at that point they didn't know what the setup would be, but suggested it may be similair to the December games.

I reckon it will be the same as the December games. The SFA would probably charge us more for the tea room, soft seats, smiling stewards, hot bovril, etc.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

However, it could well be different this time round. At the two games we played last December I don't believe the comfy seats were available. I seem to remember that the question was asked about this, and the tea room, at the members meeting a month or so ago,  and at that point they didn't know what the setup would be, but suggested it may be similair to the December games.

Quite correct  Ben Reilly but the President dodged it by saying it was down to Marketing to sort it out with the SFA. Not buying that for a second on the basis of a) precedent set at last season's games and b) the Millennium Lounge will be the new Royal Box and Riff Raff won't get near it, just as it works for Scotland games. And as for hospitality, again precedent set at Lesser where the Fans-For-A-Day get the best seats. I'd have a punt at them getting section O2 of the centre stand, next to the commoners but with a comfy seat. 

Re the return to Hampden, whilst it's been great being closer to the pitch at times, I'm really looking forward to being able to get a good view of the game as a whole again.

That said, anyone who has ever witnessed a Q.P. home game in Glasgow in recent decades will know that in terms of atmosphere, save the occasional shout, it's mostly been like watching football in a library, alongside a group of monks doing a sponsored silence! Given the direction of travel at our club, in this and future seasons, there will be times when we are going to be vastly outnumbered by away fans. If I have to choose between my old  'saft seat'  in the centre stand and being in with a group of like-minded supporters who are ready and willing to make some noise and create a bit of atmosphere, give me the latter every time. 

5 hours ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

Re the return to Hampden, whilst it's been great being closer to the pitch at times, I'm really looking forward to being able to get a good view of the game as a whole again.

That said, anyone who has ever witnessed a Q.P. home game in Glasgow in recent decades will know that in terms of atmosphere, save the occasional shout, it's mostly been like watching football in a library, alongside a group of monks doing a sponsored silence! Given the direction of travel at our club, in this and future seasons, there will be times when we are going to be vastly outnumbered by away fans. If I have to choose between my old  'saft seat'  in the centre stand and being in with a group of like-minded supporters who are ready and willing to make some noise and create a bit of atmosphere, give me the latter every time. 

It's for that very reason that I actually hope that we don't get access to the comfy seats, so we're 'forced' into being all together and capable of making a better noise (much as I previously enjoyed the comfort and view from the centre stand)

Agree about the pros and cons of being closer to the pitch. I'm sure you will be able to better appreciate our style of play and movement from higher in the stand. But I also have enjoyed being closer to the pitch as the link between the fans and the players is better.

Fortunately we should have plenty of space to move around and get the best of both worlds if we like.

On 14/08/2023 at 23:03, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Quite correct  Ben Reilly but the President dodged it by saying it was down to Marketing to sort it out with the SFA. Not buying that for a second on the basis of a) precedent set at last season's games and b) the Millennium Lounge will be the new Royal Box and Riff Raff won't get near it, just as it works for Scotland games. And as for hospitality, again precedent set at Lesser where the Fans-For-A-Day get the best seats. I'd have a punt at them getting section O2 of the centre stand, next to the commoners but with a comfy seat. 

Just back from to weeks holidays and have been having lunch with my sister who lives in Summerville Drive and I have just noticed the rebranding of Lesser. I have no problem with the City sign if it is bringing in sponsorship but the sign for the McAlpine has been taken down, why? I understand that the McAlpine family donated £100,000 to the building of it, surely we are not thumbing our noses at them!!!!!

59 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Just back from to weeks holidays and have been having lunch with my sister who lives in Summerville Drive and I have just noticed the rebranding of Lesser. I have no problem with the City sign if it is bringing in sponsorship but the sign for the McAlpine has been taken down, why? I understand that the McAlpine family donated £100,000 to the building of it, surely we are not thumbing our noses at them!!!!!

It’s only a matter of time before Lesser passes into ownership of the QP Foundation (because there’s a clause in that business’ Articles that allows it). I also noticed in Saturday how dependent we are on Haughey-related businesses for sponsorship behind the goals, no less than four of the eight on show and perhaps some of the others are ‘relationship influenced’. I can’t comment on any other trackside sponsors along the east stand as both fans and the media team only have a view of the West stand which has no sponsors. Seems like our President, CEO and Marketing team have all fallen into the lazy trap of snapping the Laird’s offers to have the wind at their backs. I predicted a long time ago that gifts of money create a dependency and then you are compromised when it suits the money man. 

The McAlpine thing is yet another shameful episode. The Club is being spiritually cleansed with the perps hiding in plain sight. Once the Holyrood plan, fronted by the Foundation, becomes reality our club will head down a very dark rabbit hole. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’s only a matter of time before Lesser passes into ownership of the QP Foundation (because there’s a clause in that business’ Articles that allows it). I also noticed in Saturday how dependent we are on Haughey-related businesses for sponsorship behind the goals, no less than four of the eight on show and perhaps some of the others are ‘relationship influenced’. I can’t comment on any other trackside sponsors along the east stand as both fans and the media team only have a view of the West stand which has no sponsors. Seems like our President, CEO and Marketing team have all fallen into the lazy trap of snapping the Laird’s offers to have the wind at their backs. I predicted a long time ago that gifts of money create a dependency and then you are compromised when it suits the money man. 

The McAlpine thing is yet another shameful episode. The Club is being spiritually cleansed with the perps hiding in plain sight. Once the Holyrood plan, fronted by the Foundation, becomes reality our club will head down a very dark rabbit hole. 

Afraid you've lost me with this one.

Why would the Foundation take control of Lesser when they will be based at Holyrood?

Surley Lesser is the clubs bargaining chip to get the use of Hampden (by giving access to SFA for training etc). As the foundation is a separate entity to the club, how would that work?

Where would the club offices etc be based? Lochinch? Hire a room in big Hampden from the SFA? What if the SFA end our rental agreement at some time in the future, we'd then have no where to play games other than once again renting our old home (Lesser) from the company we gave/sold it to (the Foundation).

This all seems unlikley to me.

Edited by Ben Reilly

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

What's the Holyrood Plan?